PDA

View Full Version : Rizoma Rear Sets

eonan
04-12-2005, 10:25 AM
What do folks think? Anyone have these...any good?

Or any other suggestions? Not too keen on the CycleCat ones though!

Pugi
04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I really like the look of Protech rear sets. No idea what they're like though.

eonan
04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
I really like the look of Pro-tek rear sets. No idea what they're like though.

Think I know the ones you mean...they do look class, but I'm not sure they make them for the Monster?

sjr999r
04-12-2005, 12:46 PM
think am goner wet myself.....so yes..they looks good

Pugi
04-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Think I know the ones you mean...they do look class, but I'm not sure they make them for the Monster?

Yes the do. Not sure if Spareshack or anyone else sells them here though.

http://www.desmorados.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=337_367_199&products_id=352<br>

Sorry, link won't go linky. Ctrl+c/Ctrl+v if you please.

eonan
04-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Yes the do. Not sure if Spareshack or anyone else sells them here though.

http://www.desmorados.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=337_367_199&products_id=352<br>

Sorry, link won't go linky. Ctrl+c/Ctrl+v if you please.

Oh my good God! I'm on a mission now...those are shweeeet! Yeh sorry I thought you meant Pro-Tek!

Ducster900
04-12-2005, 02:31 PM
Well, I need to leave my opinion on these...

I feel those to be way overdone, they are made too complicated to look good.

In my world the Monster stands for some kind of simplicity and the ones pictured are just too much...and probably way to expensive for my taste too.

I do like the ones I have used the last summer, a set of slightly modified pegs from an older SS, have a look at the first picture.

http://web.telia.com/~u41816988/SANY0237mindre.JPG

As a matter of fact, I am right now making a new set of pegs with billet plates and pegs too, this is a picture from the beginning:

http://web.telia.com/~u41816989/SANY0722mindre.JPG

This is how they look now, laying on the table:

http://web.telia.com/~u41816989/SANY0729mindre.JPG

I will go for a billet shifter but if that fails I have made this additional peg to fit a stock shifter:

http://web.telia.com/~u41816989/SANY0727mindre.JPG

Perhaps I will cover the plates with a true CF sheet just to give them a different look...

eonan
04-12-2005, 02:53 PM
I know what you mean. I love the Rizomas as an object in their own right, perhaps they would be a little over the top when fitted. Thats why I'd like to see a photo of them on the bike.

Finding a plain understated rearset is proving to be quite a challenge though. Maybe you have right idea by making your own :)

Pugi
04-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Another reason I think the Protech ones might be a good option is that they move the pegs 7 cm back and 5 cm up when others usually only move the pegs 2.5 cm's up and back.

If you want more (lots) of rear set alternatives just go up one step in the tree structure of the page I recommended. (Click on "Monster" at the top left of the page.)

eonan
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Thing is, all I'm wanting to do is replace the stock pegs and hangers. With the high pipes I'm not wanting passenger pegs, so all I'm after is a tasty rider footpeg kit...but not the CycleCat ones :)

TLzebub
04-12-2005, 07:48 PM
: What do folks think? Anyone have these...any good?

Or any other suggestions? Not too keen on the CycleCat ones though!
eonan
just thought i`d jump on your wagon again m8,just found this website thought you might want a peek. ;) (don`t know how to do the linky thing)
you can translate the page www.ducatisaarland.de
hey it worked :eek:
:twisted: TLzebub :twisted:

eonan
04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Hey cheers mate, that's some site right enough. But...still can't find a decent rider footpeg kit for a decent price. Bloody hell there must be something out there? I found this one which is OK, buts its $580 :eek:

Pugi
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Thing is, all I'm wanting to do is replace the stock pegs and hangers. With the high pipes I'm not wanting passenger pegs, so all I'm after is a tasty rider footpeg kit...but not the CycleCat ones :)

Who said anything about passenger pegs? They are always optional (and will cost you extra).

eonan
05-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Still searching :D Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of the Ducati Set-Back Controls Kit? Set-Back Controls Kit (http://www.ducati.com/shop/product.jsp?catid=catimp00148&prodid=prodimp97074SAA)

Paranoid Dave
05-12-2005, 02:06 PM
eonan, have you actually ridden this bike yet, I know it got sent off and is being worked on by some over paid loon, but do you not think it might be a good idea to ride it for a few months, get to know it, the feel of it and then start to see what you need to change and why. I have this image of you paying thousands for tart up bits to make this bike some flash g-boy machine and then on its first outing it goes skidding down the road.

Or have you been riding these things for long enough to know what they are like?

eonan
05-12-2005, 06:43 PM
eonan, have you actually ridden this bike yet, I know it got sent off and is being worked on by some over paid loon, but do you not think it might be a good idea to ride it for a few months, get to know it, the feel of it and then start to see what you need to change and why. I have this image of you paying thousands for tart up bits to make this bike some flash g-boy machine and then on its first outing it goes skidding down the road.

Or have you been riding these things for long enough to know what they are like?

Well lets not think about that image too much - it may well happen lol. Of course you are right...I've been sitting here for 7 weeks now, just me and my pictures from the eBay auction! Its a sad, sorry sight I tell you ha ha. If I actually had the bike and out there riding it, there's no way I'd be sitting here bothering about any of this sh*t!!!

But hey, you've all been great in humouring me...I really appreciate it :o

Paranoid Dave
05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I've been there too, when i get into modding mose and she's tucked away in mid chop job its easy to keep shopping as a way of keeping the mind occupied, but when its time to fit it something always goes wrong and all you do is spend longer than you wished with the bike off the road and in danger of it becoming an ornament.

eonan
05-12-2005, 07:34 PM
I spoke to them today and they said *maybe* she'll be ready by Thursday...well I'm not holding my breath!

But...you're right though, I might have to change my name to Paranoid Eonan...it does worry me that I've been pestering you all for over 100 posts now and I haven't even sat on her yet!!!

Believe me, its an image I worry about too!!! I ain't too keen on this weather at the moment but am just so desperate to get her out there. I even have my can of ACF-50 :D

Paranoid Dave
05-12-2005, 09:22 PM
we have no problem with enthusiasm of new members, my suggestion to be on the safe side though would be once the bike is back and ready to ride, leave it as standard as it is for a few months while the crap weather is about, use your spray and get to know it, then stick all the pretty bits on in the spring. If you do feel the need to spend money i can give you a list of parts i want for my Lilac beastie :D

gary tompkins
06-12-2005, 07:16 PM
ignore - double posted ... dammit! :rolleyes:

gary tompkins
06-12-2005, 07:17 PM
If you do feel the need to spend money i can give you a list of parts i want for my Lilac beastie :D

Can I suggest a canvas cover to hide it under? :lol:

Paranoid Dave
06-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh that's just cruel, she's sat right behind me as i type this and i only hope she didn't read it over my shoulder or she'd be very hurt.

gary tompkins
06-12-2005, 09:23 PM
You keep the monkey indoors?! :eek:

Paranoid Dave
06-12-2005, 10:00 PM
its in my lounge - saves on lighting ;) where did you think i'd park her?

gary tompkins
07-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I hope you've gone for co-ordinated throws, scatter cusions and lava lamp darling? ;)

Paranoid Dave
07-12-2005, 06:17 PM
scary! the throw on my sofa IS lilac and there is a lava lamp in the corner, in LILAC. And as for the scatter cussions... YES :eek: There's even a lilac stripe on the walls at head height all around the room. And the curtains... oh heck and i never even noticed. Seriously i didn't, now i look around its scary how much she blends in. :lol:

gary tompkins
07-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Sounds like you've been turned over by the Changing Rooms muppets. Have you checked behind the sofa for that frilly shirted git Bowen, and Linda Barking-Mad?

Paranoid Dave
07-12-2005, 08:02 PM
had a look but only fluff and mould :eek: neither were lilac.