PDA

View Full Version : battery problem

ricky
28-11-2005, 11:49 AM
ive a problem with my brand new bike. (m620 dark). The battery isnt powerful enough to start the engine but the lights, horn etc.. work fine. Ive tried charging it but it wont work, the only way to start it is using a booster pack. i still havnt been for a long drive on it yet, would this be the best way to charge it or do i need a new battery?? :confused:

claicerrig
28-11-2005, 11:55 AM
I would say battery need an Optimate Charge to see if it can be recovered.

If that dont work probaly a new battery :mad:

See if you can borrow a battery to check if it is either the battery or the charging system that is at fault whilst yours is getting charged

Hope this helps

Clai

Ohh and try a thread shearch to find other threads like this which might help further assist you :)

ricky
28-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the advice, i searched the threads and it was really helpful. Like i said im new to this and am learning more every day!! This website is a great idea!!

Didge
28-11-2005, 01:22 PM
Ricky, if you get a replacement battery, DO NOT PUT IT ON THE BIKE UNTIL IT HAS BEEN ON A CHARGER FIRST.
Preferably an optimizer.
This is because, if a new battery is connected to a vehicle without first charging it, it won't give more than 75% of it's power for the rest of it's life.