PDA

View Full Version : S2r 1000

Dave G
26-11-2005, 08:35 PM
Just read through a copy of Ride and they have a little feature on the new S2R1000.
And they give it a pasting!!,using terms like 'wildly impractical horror','cynical marketing excercise',they slam the riding position,heavy clutch,stiff gearbox and details like your foot catching on the heat shrouds etc.
Kind of surprised me this as they were(and still are)fans of the S2R 800.
I wonder if its a prelude to a stiffer kicking in the other emap rags.

Glad I'm keeping my S2R.

sjr999r
26-11-2005, 08:44 PM
Ive stopped reading 'RIDE' cos it boring and very up the ass of any Honda or BMW........**** editor, crap writers, all round totaly **** mag

A Yerbury
26-11-2005, 08:47 PM
marketing is a cynical business, but s4r styling? with that engine at that price? they are yet again talking balls. Still, they no doubt gave the new busa a big thumbs up? here's to tyres every thousand miles and 180 mph at the fingertips...here's to "practical"? hmmmm

Paranoid Dave
26-11-2005, 09:00 PM
only ever bought one copy of ride, the copy with cleste's bit on the S2r, came in useful as a distraction when my back was being stabbed and inked. Probably won't buy another copy tho.
Most mag reviews are flawed by whoever writes them. Depends what they like or what mood they are in. So stop believing in the crappy literature and just look at the pictures instead.

gary tompkins
27-11-2005, 08:55 AM
Gotta laugh at some of the utter toss the bike press come up with. Lost count of the front page spreads on MCN which boldly proclaim the latest GSFZXRRR1 Thousand cc superbike as "The ultimate & never to be bettered" set of wheels, only to slag it off six months later when the new superbike arrives on the scene.

THe last ZX10 was a good example. Journalists dribbled over it for a year, and as soon as the new (pig ugly IMO) ZX10 arrives - suddenly it's pants. Oh and as you say a 180mph + top speed is sooo practical :rolleyes:

Ducati will always sell "real world" bikes like the S2R 1000 to bikers that appreciate them for what they are. After all if the factory built a Ducati with all the rough edges knocked off - it wouldn't be a Ducati anymore? ;)

craigie
27-11-2005, 10:22 PM
It's a funny thing that the 1000 Monster always seems to get bad press whereas the SS, Multistrada and now the Sport classics are getting pretty good press. If anyone listened to it no-one would ever buy a 620 but there are a fair few of us who love them.

Like PD says, enjoy the pics and ignore the words.

CK & AK
28-11-2005, 07:36 AM
its also strange that though you see S4R's available 2nd hand, you very rarely see ANYTHING 2nd hand with the 1000ds engine in it on the market (even the SS & Multi-stoodle).

And as the M1000 has been available since 02, that in itself is a telling statement............. :burnout:

craigie
28-11-2005, 06:45 PM
its also strange that though you see S4R's available 2nd hand, you very rarely see ANYTHING 2nd hand with the 1000ds engine in it on the market (even the SS & Multi-stoodle).

And as the M1000 has been available since 02, that in itself is a telling statement............. :burnout:

............it is indeed. Bike press...pah.