PDA

View Full Version : New owner

ricky
24-11-2005, 06:15 PM
ive just bought a brand new 620 ie dark and am amazed by the torque, took it out 4 my 1st spin in the rain, wont do that again!! it's my 1st 'proper' bike and im riding a 125 at the min so its some change, got my test in the new year so have to wait abit to take her out for a rip. Any advice about the bike, how to ride it, run it in or just basic care would be greatly appreciated. cheers!!

bod
24-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Run it in,Ride it regulaly,then then and only when you are used to it..nail it and feel the smile across your face :)

Paranoid Dave
24-11-2005, 06:43 PM
Clean it regularly, especially at this time of year as you'll notice the italin metal quality finish will start to fade over winter ;)
Service it when it needs it, love it every day and ride it when you like, you wont go far wrong.

Can i suggest some prettier indicators and mirrors and perhaps a tail chop too. Now i'd better be off before the punch and judy show starts "oh no you don't - oh yes you do"

dazzi-b
24-11-2005, 06:44 PM
I don't need to nail mine to feel the smile across my face...........I can't smile wide enough whenever I ride my bike :D

I'm sure you will do the same :burnout:

Scotty
24-11-2005, 07:01 PM
some git has nail-ed the carpet to the floor in my house where theres a join in said carpet

advice take your time,
dont ride in snow

Pugi
24-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi and welcome. Do what PD says and you'll be fine. Either way, you'll soon be changing both this and that to customise her to your taste. A great thing with having a monster!
I'm sure Natty will be here any minute now... :rolleyes: ;)

rockbob
24-11-2005, 07:37 PM
Hi got my black 620ie in march done 2400 miles and loving every second it may not be the fastest, but does that really matter the grin on your face will become permanant after a while the sound is enough to make you smile :D , the only thing i have changed on mine so far is the mirrors found std ones vibrated so much they were useless :( replaced them with Ducati matt Black teardrop style pt nos 969333 L/H, 969332 R/H ,result no vibes better visability :D .Next thing a pair of high carbon exhausts funds permitting.
You have made the right choice, be aware of the dark side :twisted: i.e anyone who rides jap who slags off Ducati but have never owned one!! they will fill your head with any old crap to make you feel you have made the wrong choice you will soon realise it is they who have made the mistake. :burnout:

ricky
24-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Cheers for all the good advice!!! and keep an eye open for a wee ulster man flyin about the place at any meet or show as intend to get away alot next year!! so any news on any will allow me to save up my beer tokens!!Im a single man with time on my hands and a ducati between my legs!! Watch out wee ulsterman about!!

Tigerlily
24-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Welcome to the club Ricky and good luck with your test! :D