PDA

View Full Version : front brake line routes

A Yerbury
23-11-2005, 11:38 AM
How do the twin lines run down the front? currently have one line and the speedo going behind the u plate thing, since putting another caliper on I now have one extra, is the standard set up for doubles a T junction under the plate?

ta.

stef
23-11-2005, 11:50 AM
How do the twin lines run down the front? currently have one line and the speedo going behind the u plate thing, since putting another caliper on I now have one extra, is the standard set up for doubles a T junction under the plate?

ta.

that's right, a tea junction more or less half way down.

Dave G
23-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Or run twin lines directly from the master cylinder to the calipers.
An easier set up to route,and apparantly works better technically.

A Yerbury
23-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Or run twin lines directly from the master cylinder to the calipers.
An easier set up to route,and apparantly works better technically.

that is what I already have, I was wondering were that line would be routed but as stef mentioned there is only one line through the gap (on the standard twin set up) in the plate, then the t junction works underneath. I may drill the lower yoke for the speedo and route the 2nd line where that once ran?

claicerrig
23-11-2005, 12:14 PM
Alex

Not sure if it would be astethically (spelling :confused: ) pleaseing to you

But i have also seen the configeration of 1 line down to the caliper then another off that twin banjo fitting up over the front fender to the caliper on the other side.

Clai

Pedro
23-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Two lines from the master cylinder, behind the head light and held in place by the U bracket the headlight is mounted on.

Do you wanna piccy later?

Ped

rich
23-11-2005, 12:20 PM

ta.

Just looked at my 900 and the u plate thing has room for 2 on one side and 1 on the other.
hth
rich

A Yerbury
23-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Two lines from the master cylinder, behind the head light and held in place by the U bracket the headlight is mounted on.

Do you wanna piccy later?

Ped

cheers clai, I have seen that and it's not for me thanks, thanks though any way. Pedals there are only two slots in the u bracket thing and one takes the speedo? a picture would help.

A Yerbury
23-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Just looked at my 900 and the u plate thing has room for 2 on one side and 1 on the other.
hth
rich

ta, perhaps the 600 had a diff plate? I may have to call batty berto my spare parts bitch and get some special price.

rich
23-11-2005, 12:31 PM
ta, perhaps the 600 had a diff plate? I may have to call batty berto my spare parts bitch and get some special price.

Yep my old 600 had a diff plate ,2 on one side?

rich

A Yerbury
23-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Yep my old 600 had a diff plate ,2 on one side?

rich

thats it..............

JMo
23-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Yes, single disk bikes have a different U frame bracket, the twin disk set up has another slot on the off-side - strangly though, even the later bikes (with an electronic speedo) still have the slightly smaller slot for the speedo cable, even though they don't have one... don'tcha love Ducati...

There are a number of different U frames (with and without the second brake line slot, with and without the flyscreen brackets - depending on year, but they are all pretty expensive at around £80ish I forget how much it was when I bought an earlier one (without the brackets for the fly screen)...

Most cost effective way would be to do what Clai suggested and run the second hose from one caliper to the other over the top of the mudguard - works ok on a 998...

xxx

A Yerbury
23-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes, single disk bikes have a different U frame bracket, the twin disk set up has another slot on the off-side - strangly though, even the later bikes (with an electronic speedo) still have the slightly smaller slot for the speedo cable, even though they don't have one... don'tcha love Ducati...

There are a number of different U frames (with and without the second brake line slot, with and without the flyscreen brackets - depending on year, but they are all pretty expensive at around £80ish I forget how much it was when I bought an earlier one (without the brackets for the fly screen)...

Most cost effective way would be to do what Clai suggested and run the second hose from one caliper to the other over the top of the mudguard - works ok on a 998...

xxx

Thank you darling, Dave has that set up on his? ... but I am not that enamoured of it TBH IMO JMO etc..I think the tidy option is run the speedo round the back and use that free'd up slot for the right line. The whole front unit there is a bit of a carbunkle, the bolts that secure the dials have an unthreaded sleeve which has caused neon question marks to appear over the brows of my local fastner boys, dontcha love ducati? sometimes, sometimes they are silly billys.

Speaking of silly 80 quid is a bit much! I will find a way, I usually do. Thanks for all your kind words and observations people, I love you all as the day is long.

Alex.x

gary tompkins
23-11-2005, 05:40 PM
What you need is one of these...

gary tompkins
23-11-2005, 05:43 PM
and heres one fitted to bike showing hose layout...

A Yerbury
23-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Thanks GT, although at 80 quid I think non!

gary tompkins
24-11-2005, 07:14 PM
Funnily enough I did have a spare but flogged it. Then blagged this one complete with top yoke for £40 on ebay a few weeks later, so they do come up from time to time 2nd hand.

Oh, and before you ask this one's not for sale. I have (cunning) plans for both the headlamp bracket & yoke eventually :D