PDA

View Full Version : Vote for My band. PLEASE.

Boppin Bobby
14-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Hi guy's.
Just a request to vote for my band 1 Mile High to Play @ the soul tree in Cambridge on 27th Nov.
It seems others are doing similar & cadging votes rather than being popular & there is always the player in the r/h side of the page to listen to us ( or any of the others).
If we win. Would love to see some of you there.
Cheers.http://www.studentbands.co.uk/distortedminds.php
Rob.

Chappers
15-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Page not found :(

stef
15-11-2005, 11:32 AM
where is Dr Yerbury's post gone ??

A Yerbury
15-11-2005, 11:36 AM
tis was posted in three places, I replied to one? one of them works but the link in the other two does not, I think..

stef
15-11-2005, 11:40 AM
i see.
i thought we had been hit by an anti-demochratic repression squad.
would like to see the working link though.

Boppin Bobby
15-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Try it now. don't know what happened.

stef
15-11-2005, 05:09 PM
if i can give my humble opinion, i'd say your singing is not helped by the poor mix, and you need new batteries in the drum machine, they're clearly dead..
i've heard worse..
i'll vote, but just because you've got a monster, you get the default sympathy vote.
come on son, get some practice ! i'd keep the day job for now though.

ps: what did you do with the money ?

Boppin Bobby
15-11-2005, 05:52 PM
It's only a demo. Not helped by the fact the drummer had to have his motor pulled out of a ditch on the day of recording, trashing the snare & wasting 1/2 of a much needed day.
My own personal opinion of it is that the sound lacks our "LIVE" balls it was an ex prog rocker at the desk & he asked us to have everything just so where as We crank up our marshalls on stage. The vocals were all done in one take bar the odd really bad off key bit so they are the least polished. The drum & Bass tracks were basically the backing mix so the only thing
I appreciate you can't come see us live from all the way up there but it's a different kettle of fish. Trust me I mend aeroplanes me :eek: You lot really are tough.
What money?

A Yerbury
15-11-2005, 05:58 PM
we are tough! I used to work for bugbear at the Dublin castle and the Hopeless ****** in Islington so I know what an onion looks like. Technology wise a friend of mine runs toerag studios in Hackney (white stripes, the kills etc...old technology but enough if the tunes are there) maybe I'm being over critical, Ill give it a second listen, hell, its xmas I'll even vote for you! (nice bike etc)
Alex.

Boppin Bobby
15-11-2005, 07:06 PM
If your interested. If you click on profile they've uploaded another 2 tracks on that site.
Thanx for voting. It's hard to get gigs as Cambridge seems to favour Indie type bands for example Badwell Ash are toted as the next big Cambridge band!? Or we have the screaming Heavy Student band.
Never Heard of the good family band. Are they from my neck of the woods?

A Yerbury
15-11-2005, 07:40 PM
http://www.thebrokenfamilyband.com/

stef
15-11-2005, 08:35 PM
What money?
The money your parents gave you for the singing lessons ?
Sorry, had to be done...

I thought something was off with the drums... your guy still had the shakes..he is way out.
at the risk of sounding like an ar$e, i do recognise the prog mix.. the silences are fuzzy, and the drums and lead not crisps enough.
I cant judge on the song, it's not really my type of tune, but anyone short of van goth can tell that there is a lot of room to improve on what you've got.