PDA

View Full Version : Time machine

MotoNik
14-11-2005, 04:24 PM
One for sale here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Other/auction-36725938.
htm

Question is, if you had one what would you do with it? It starts to raise all sorts of issues - if you go back in time and change stuff you wish you'd done differently you could radically alter the way your life is now. You could get back to the present day and discover you don't know where you live any more, or your life has turned out worse. Best left well alone I reckon.

Incidentally, going forward in time and finding out next weeks lottery numbers etc doesn't count, that's too predictable (it goes without saying that financial reward is top of the list of things to do though!).

Would be good to go back in time and see big events you never had the chance to attend.

Nik

Pugi
14-11-2005, 05:11 PM
If I had one I'd go back in time and check out link when it still worked... :D

fatbloke
14-11-2005, 05:15 PM
If I had one I'd go back in time and check out link when it still worked... :D
I'd come with you

Emily
14-11-2005, 06:05 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Electronics-photography/Other/auction-36725938.htm.

Should work now...........

Didge
14-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Incidentally, going forward in time and finding out next weeks lottery numbers etc doesn't count,
Nik

Ah, but Nik, one CANNOT go forward in time, only backwards. I know this, because they said so in that Van Damme Film 'Time Cop'.
I thought you were much too intelligent to think otherwise.
You really MUST pay attention.

fatbloke
14-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Ah, but Nik, one CANNOT go forward in time, only backwards. I know this, because they said so in that Van Damme Film 'Time Cop'.

but what if we are are living in the past and the future is really the present?
would returning to the present day still count as forward time travel?

NattyBoy
14-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I'd go back and get Pedros old man to tie a not in his winky so we didnt have to put up with photos of his little pot belly draped over modern day retro ducatis at bike shows... :lol:

Nat

Paranoid Dave
14-11-2005, 07:57 PM
and dont forget you could always go to millyways, the restaurant at the end of the univers and then catch yourself up again later by going round the loop of time.

If i could go back though i wouldn't change a lot, but there would be a few times i'd make more of the moment as you don't realise how precious time is until its gone.

Pugi
14-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Incidentally, going forward in time and finding out next weeks lottery numbers etc doesn't count, that's too predictable (it goes without saying that financial reward is top of the list of things to do though!).

Nik

No problem. I'll just go back and buy certain stocks and shares... ;)

Pedro
14-11-2005, 08:48 PM
I'd go back and get Pedros old man to tie a not in his winky so we didnt have to put up with photos of his little pot belly draped over modern day retro ducatis at bike shows... :lol:

Nat

W*nker!

:lol:

Didge
14-11-2005, 09:08 PM
W*nker!

:lol:

I couldn't agree more Ped............but it's still true what he said. :twisted:

MotoNik
14-11-2005, 09:16 PM

Forgive me for saying so Didge old bean, but don't forget that cinematic masterpiece that was the Back to the Future trilogy! All other time travel related films simply don't come close! And I dare say Tom Baker would have something to say on the subject!

It has occured to me since starting the post that time-travel related financial rewards could form the future (geddit?) basis of another post; "my dream project bike."

Nik

DesmoDog
15-11-2005, 12:22 PM
What about the film the "time machine" scared the bejeezuz out of me when I was a kid! I think I'd go back and tell me that it's not so scary, there's so much more to terrify you when you're older. No, wait, I'd take my monnie bcak and give it to me when I was 18 - but that might cause a paradox.

paul620sie
15-11-2005, 12:42 PM
I change nothing except I'd buy a few shares in Apple and Microsoft in the hope they'd give me some financial security.

paul620sie
15-11-2005, 12:44 PM

Nat

does in (k)not in a winky (what ever that is) prevent a pot belly? if so where can i find mine and is there a prefered knot that gives optimum results?

Plum
15-11-2005, 12:49 PM
I had a crush on my wife when i was 14 whilst working with her. It was another 10 years before i saw her again. I always wished i had gotten with her the first time i met her.......................so i could have had my fun, dumped her and been a single man!!

And who says romance is dead!?