PDA

View Full Version : Bearing update

klause
14-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Well I took my wheels off because I got tyres fitted the other day and noticed one bearing was shot in the rear wheel. I drifted it out and was going to clean and grease it up intill I could get my hands on some new bearings. I looked it at it and I swear I've seen one that size before. I went and found my bearings for my zzr250 and measured them up, perfect fit.

Kyoto bearing 6203 2rs. Lots of jap bikes use this so very easy to get hold of, cost around £5.

Scotty
18-06-2006, 09:02 PM
can you explain how you drifted the bearings out, i need to replace mine and im kinda stumped as to how to get them out without them being disintigrated already

bod
18-06-2006, 09:57 PM
If it's a taper bearing don't worry about losing the ball bearings just split the bearing and knock /chisel out the race from of the wheel.

Refitting........ use a drift on the outside off the bearing and hammer it home.

crust
18-06-2006, 10:29 PM
Scotty

between the two bearings is the bearing spacer tube

using a long drift/screwdriver wiggle it to one side and you will be able to hammer out the opposite bearing

on some wheels you can only do this from one side so if it dosent work, turn the wheel over and try from the other side

:)Crust

DavidT
27-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Watch which bearings you use - early Monsters use a 62203 (17x40x16), later ones use the 6203 (17x40x12). I have had to send back wrongly supplied bearings twice!

Scotty
27-06-2006, 09:17 PM
ahh reet update im all fixed up here,

couldnt move the inner spacer thing to one side but managed to use a cunning arangment of allen keys in a notch at one end of the spacer

also took old ones to bearing shope on t valley and came away with 4 new bearings for £30 :)

almost worried about this tale of bearings falling out as instead of the spanner aproch i used HaMmEr

though sorocket carrier was dead easy cos that would fit in the oven