PDA

View Full Version : seat rubbing up tank (the wrong way)

S4Rs-Tone
12-11-2005, 04:54 PM
i read somewhere that there warranty claims being made for damage caused to tanks by the seat staples . has any 1 had this prob and was it rectified as i have this prob and want to be fully armed b4 i go to dealer, just incase of a fob of.

lee1980
12-11-2005, 06:37 PM
My S4r has 2 marks where the paint has gone thru due to staples even after i covered up staples with tape. still the seat rubs and marks the paint but you cant see it until u take off seat :eek: :eek:

Ive only done 1600 miles hate to see what it will be like after a few thou :confused:

Gilps
13-11-2005, 04:18 PM
mine has 2 marks from staples. I saw on an earlier thread someone on here has managed to make a waranty claim. I intend to.

moony
14-11-2005, 10:46 AM

bigredduke
14-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I fitted some circular self-adhesive felt pads to the underside of the seat, they are usually used for putting on the bottom of furniture to stop scratching wooden floors. They seem to work.

S4Rs-Tone
14-11-2005, 07:29 PM
yes it would be worth the hassle , and no i would not expect a respray, just a new tank! im not gonna have my pride n joy prematurely rusting on me because of a design fault by ducati. having said that for my next tank i will put both your ideas in place. by the moony have you got shares in ducati?????????????

willow
14-11-2005, 08:12 PM
had the same trouble with mine after less than one thou miles. pointed it out to dealer but they don't seem bothered keep saying it happens to nearly every duke on the road,so i just taped mine up. and plastic tanks don't rust so no worry there

moony
15-11-2005, 09:20 AM

moor-ph0
15-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Hi,
Check out this thread:http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=12424&highlight=seat+staples

or search for seat staples. A guy with an S2R had both his seat and tank replaced under warranty. Personally my M1000ie has the same problem. I think it's a common problem but I've used insulation tape to mask off the staples which seems to help.
Geoff

Gilps
15-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I could bodge it with tape but why the hell should I. The best part of 6 grand on a bike and Ducati screw up with something as simple as this. And judging by the number of people here with this problem, it looks like it has been going on for a while. Ducati won't change until it hits them in the pocket. Lets all get it fixed under warranty then they'll take notice. If you spent this much money on a Ford Ka (not recommended though) then Ford would have issued a product recall and sorted it bacause they care about their reputation and repeat business. Why do we as bikers seem prepared to tolerate lesser service on bikes than we would on cars?

S4Rs-Tone
15-11-2005, 05:02 PM
had the same trouble with mine after less than one thou miles. pointed it out to dealer but they don't seem bothered keep saying it happens to nearly every duke on the road,so i just taped mine up. and plastic tanks don't rust so no worry there
this might sound pretty stupid but is the s2r a plastic tank?????????????????

willow
15-11-2005, 06:11 PM
sure is bud