PDA

View Full Version : Jmo in BIKE magazine AGAIN!

MotoNik
08-11-2005, 12:16 PM
Well done Jen, you've won the best piccie for this month again! So between you and Julie you've managed to appear in there three months in a row now? Good effort!

I got a letter printed too, although sadly not letter of the month (I was after the free tyres!)

Nik

Julie
08-11-2005, 12:44 PM
Yes i won last month as well.

I went to boarders today to get it but it wasnt there!

Check out most of the other photos is there one by
Ruth Turner
Pat Burney

Julie
08-11-2005, 12:54 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=8159&stc=1

Ruth
08-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Is the crazy golf one in there?
That one's mine!

Paranoid Dave
08-11-2005, 03:38 PM
i dont get it, that photo, am i missing something.

A Yerbury
08-11-2005, 03:59 PM

I think it is a conceptual piece? brilliant probably? sublime take on mans inevitable decay and the futility of existence.

Paranoid Dave
08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
i though it was just a skeleton in a chair wearing a lid to give some link to the bike in the background :confused:

I'd love to have seen the other entries :lol:

A Yerbury
08-11-2005, 04:12 PM
i though it was just a skeleton in a chair wearing a lid to give some link to the bike in the background :confused:

I'd love to have seen the other entries :lol:

maybe you're right and I'm reading too much into it? I prefer the pictures in MCN though TBH, people in faraway lands reading up on the latest gatso stories "here's me!! on a live volcano!! yes, reading MCN" they're great.

Although Julie has a degree (get her eh?!!) in fine art so I am sure there is something subtle going on?!

yours in acrylic.
Alex.

MotoNik
08-11-2005, 04:12 PM
That one's mine!

Yes, that's in there too I seem to recall.

cheers,

Nik

Paranoid Dave
08-11-2005, 04:33 PM
Although Julie has a degree (get her eh?!!) in fine art so I am sure there is something subtle going on?!

And I have one in Design Studies as well as an HND in design communication, a national diploma in graphic design and a first diploma in design. And to me its still a skeleton with a vague link to something bikey.

Chris
08-11-2005, 05:05 PM
PD, you're getting very critical!!! Chill out a bit, it's an amusing photo, taken and printed for a bit of fun. Oh! I forgot, you're anti-fun. That'll be it then, maybe it isn't designed for a purpose, they should print more pictures of people wheelying or something like Fast Bike!

Well done Jen, another few minutes of fame! That new diet might be a bit OTT though!!!

Duncan
08-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Reminds me of a skeleton chair seen at Bristol bike show a few moons ago

Paranoid Dave
08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
Amusing? I am 30, i might have found it amusing if i was 12, now if the skeleton was doing a wheelie thanks to some clever staging of a photo with a hidden prop, false backdrop etc i'd see the effort and appreciate it more. I might even see the fun side of it.

Well done Jen, hope you're really proud.

Julie
08-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Dave dave dave why oh why oh why. Mr Fun Sucker rules the day..

Julie
08-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Yes, that's in there too I seem to recall.

cheers,

Nik
If it is Nik that is our very own McMonstro !

A Yerbury
08-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I made a spatula in woodwork, it broke eventually but it was a good spatula nonetheless.

Little Monster
08-11-2005, 06:40 PM
an amusing pic with things you found....erm.....laying round the house?

Emily
08-11-2005, 07:39 PM
That one's mine!

Ignoring a certain grumpy f****r, and getting back to matters in hand........

Yep! Yours is in there as well Ruth and the one by Pat Burney as well.

Everyone's a winner :D

Emily

JMo
08-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Erm Diddly, the caption that goes with the picture is meant to read something like "I stopped at this cafe but the service was atrocious..." - a touch obvious perhaps, but more of a giggle than the slightly more poignant visual referance to the death of trail riding in the UK this week, thanks to this C*NTING government... ahem.

xxx

spacemonkey
08-11-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm more concerned that that does actually resemble a real skeleton, probably an ex medical school skelly from some poor Indian no doubt. What the heck were you doing wandering around with that?

Oh, and can you explain in plain simple English what has actually definitely happened concerning trail riding and the scumsucking government of ours. Is it simply the banning of off roading, greenlaning etc or are they simply changing the status of most of our green lanes thus not allowing motorvehicles to travel on them? I've read the article in TBM but it is as clear as sticky gloop, and just descends into a political rant without being clear on what has actually happened.

Yours, confused of Islington.

Julie
09-11-2005, 05:49 AM
The photo wasnt a set up. I was taking photos of jenny on her XR in traffic for a feature UBG are doing on her and her bike. When we saw a lady sat outside a cafe Frankinsteens in Brighton with the skelly. We stopped and chatted to her and Jens bike was in the back ground and she popped her helmet on the head of skelly - hey presto a photo........

Nothing more to it.

but if you want to read something in to it as ART as jen says he represents the death of trail riding in the UK.

if you want to read something into it thats 'funny' its jen waiting for a coffee and the service took ages!!!

JMo
09-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Is it simply the banning of off roading, greenlaning etc or are they simply changing the status of most of our green lanes thus not allowing motorvehicles to travel on them?

That is tantamount to the same thing surely?

It would take far to long to explain the ins and outs here, but yes - basically the govenment wish to reclassify many of the routes that we are currently able to use legally, as Restricted Byways which will not have vehicular rights.

It will limit vehicular use to those routes that have been properly defined as Byway (open to all traffic) already - many of which are still in the process of being correctly classified (a process that was instigated in 1968, and which many local authorities have failled to undertake). However, they have also included a clause that from commencment of the new legislation, any claims lodged in recent months will be disregarded, and also given power to the local authorities to impose TRO (Traffic regulation orders) on those lanes currently under review, and in the case of National Parks, to impose a TRO on a Byway, as they wish, without going through the usual channels of public notice and enquiry etc.

It is wholly discriminatory legislation that is not only ill-concieved (hence the countless revisions to exempt agricultural traffic and access to property for example), but instigated by pressure groups such as the Rambers Association who cannot abide to share just 5% of the Right of Way network with the occassional vehicle, be that a bike or 4x4.

There you go...

xxx

stuartg
09-11-2005, 11:47 AM
And I have one in Design Studies as well as an HND in design communication, a national diploma in graphic design and a first diploma in design. And to me its still a skeleton with a vague link to something bikey.

I've got an NVQ and a STI, I obviously got it once, but dont wanna get it again, or I'll look like the skeleton

A Yerbury
09-11-2005, 12:09 PM

Unlike Julie you are not versed in "fine art" your qualifications mean nothing to the world of art..design communication? graphic wotsits? tish and pish, in my day it was called "technical drawing" aye with rulers, bendy desks and small pens, none of this computer rubbish.

AY.x
ps.I have a city and guilds!

mark cross
09-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Its quite obvious. Rider going so fast that all clothing was torn off and then the riders skin was flayed. should have fitted at least a fly screen to deflect some of the wind. Or could it be a commentary on fat bikers. Well done on winning the comp or whatever. Oh and Dave, You know what they say.

nik_the_brief
09-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I made a spatula in woodwork, it broke eventually but it was a good spatula nonetheless.

I made one of them too, mine was sh1te though. Apparently they call it (woodwork not the spatula) CDT now. Modern schools huh, it's all too complicated the first year is called Year 7 just to confuse the poor bastards!

By the way Alex, a wise old secretary once told me that there's a rat in separate - I've never spelt it incorrectly since. It's so unusual to be able to pull you up on a spelling mistake that I just couldn't resist the opportunity.

Back to the subject though - nice one Jen (though I don't understand art or anything poncey like that) - very Tracey Emin/Damian Hurst or maybe that weird German(?) guy who wears a big hat and flays people before plasticising them.

Dave - I can't believe you're such a young whippersnapper to hold such Victor Meldrew like opinions on life, the Universe and everything.

A Yerbury
09-11-2005, 01:03 PM
thanks Nik! I shall leave it unedited as evidence of my flawed genius. I just had a steak and kidney pie.

Alex.

ps.well done Jen! for whatever it was, you are my hero as always.

nik_the_brief
09-11-2005, 01:07 PM
Like a Persian rug you have to insert a deliberate flaw since only Allah is allowed to create perfection.

McMONSTRO
09-11-2005, 01:46 PM
If it is Nik that is our very own McMonstro !

Me....! In "Bike" for playing golf :confused: Surely not! I'd best get up to the newsagent and check this out!

Please tell me my scorecard from Skeggy isn't in as well!

McM

Julie
09-11-2005, 01:48 PM
Sorry McM

Its not you its stef Chris's mate

McMONSTRO
09-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Thats a relief! Id never live that down at the pub!

SAMMYE
09-11-2005, 07:53 PM
That is tantamount to the same thing surely?

It would take far to long to explain the ins and outs here, but yes - basically the govenment wish to reclassify many of the routes that we are currently able to use legally, as Restricted Byways which will not have vehicular rights.

It will limit vehicular use to those routes that have been properly defined as Byway (open to all traffic) already - many of which are still in the process of being correctly classified (a process that was instigated in 1968, and which many local authorities have failled to undertake). However, they have also included a clause that from commencment of the new legislation, any claims lodged in recent months will be disregarded, and also given power to the local authorities to impose TRO (Traffic regulation orders) on those lanes currently under review, and in the case of National Parks, to impose a TRO on a Byway, as they wish, without going through the usual channels of public notice and enquiry etc.

It is wholly discriminatory legislation that is not only ill-concieved (hence the countless revisions to exempt agricultural traffic and access to property for example), but instigated by pressure groups such as the Rambers Association who cannot abide to share just 5% of the Right of Way network with the occassional vehicle, be that a bike or 4x4.

There you go...

xxx

I'd like to see them police it! and the chances of catching our Jmo on a super moto or 4X4!?!

spacemonkey
09-11-2005, 08:03 PM

There you go...

xxx

****ing, ****ing, wankey bastards. Isn't it time we revolted against these ****ers properly? Where's Watt Tyler and Guy Fawkes when we need them?