PDA

View Full Version : Bloody Thieving B*stards

DevilBoy
03-11-2005, 03:30 PM
Hiya guys

My sisters Car has been broken into outside our house, and im bricking it.

Time to get an alarm methinks.

Anyone recommend a good one? I need something really good I think. Money not too much of a bother.

Maybe one that sets itself automatically or something?

Cheers
DB

Chappers
03-11-2005, 03:38 PM
I found the Toad alarm was pretty good, it used to set itself after 30 seconds or something like that and was really loud when it went off and every bulb on it flashed.

spacemonkey
03-11-2005, 07:55 PM
I got an alarm with a microwave sensor. This, if set up correctly, gives your car a 'force field' which if someone enters the zone (usually a foot or so) the alarm beeps to warn them that the car is alarmed. If they continue then it will eventually go off. The upside is that if you have a convertible like me then you can set the alarm even with the roof down and still have full protection. The secret though, is to get a good one and get it properly fitted. Then chain a ****ing big hard dog inside, preferably a very quiet one...

A Yerbury
03-11-2005, 08:32 PM
I got an alarm with a microwave sensor. This, if set up correctly, gives your car a 'force field' which if someone enters the zone (usually a foot or so) the alarm beeps to warn them that the car is alarmed. If they continue then it will eventually go off. The upside is that if you have a convertible like me then you can set the alarm even with the roof down and still have full protection. The secret though, is to get a good one and get it properly fitted. Then chain a ****ing big hard dog inside, preferably a very quiet one...

..and that does not move very much? like those porcelain spanials my Nan had on her mantlepiece?

grunter
03-11-2005, 10:11 PM
if you heard an alarm going off would you go and take a look?
look around the corner and a bloke is standing there shaking his head and pretending to try and stop his alarm going off you walk away?not worth a w@nk imo but if it makes you happy buy one? ive seen bike being loaded in back of van with lights and bells and still no one pays a blind bit of notice?
take it indoors and sleep with it and if you can work with it ,then all should be fine?
yours
alarm hater
of burnham

Chris
03-11-2005, 11:43 PM
Cobra are good.

I know what you mean about theaving B***ards though

Our Car Audio business was broken into last night

Fortunately not too much stock taken, but still a big kick in the teeth