PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Tour 2006

Phoenix
01-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Well seeing as we missed the Scotland Tour this year I thought it was about time I made sure we did it all again next ---- soooo.

Date 27th May to 3rd June 2006

Gonna be heading slightly further north than has been before so the chosen accomodation is likely to be something like this nr to Ullapool.

http://www.taighabhraoin.freeserve.co.uk/images/ull58.jpg

Dependant on takers cost is usually around £60-80 per person for the week for the hire of cottage.

It's a long way - but trust me it's worth it :D

There is also possiblity of hiring large van where we can put in several bikes to save tyre wear and share driving.

So plenty of warning guys - here's some photies from past years :)

MilesB
01-11-2005, 03:11 PM
My favorite part of the world... last time I was up there (6 years ago) I wasn't even a rider - but ever since I got on a bike I've wanted to go back.

Unfortunately, living in Kent makes Ullapool 650-700 miles away :( , and the Alps almost as close :rolleyes: On a monster it would realistically take 2-3 days to get that far - and I'd need new tyres when I got there as I'd have squared off the ones I'd started with :mad:

So its either van hire, trailer... ot use the TDM :o

I'd love to go, but got a lot of things to sort before then.
One day soon though :burnout:

Miles

Phoenix
01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Hence why i've mentioned hiring a van - ride up to mine - go from here.
It's a plan ish and cheaper on tyres for us all too.
Early days and all suggestions welcome :)

CK & AK
01-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Lin, we'll chat more on Sat nite mrs, tho we are already part committed to doing the RTL, which should be the following week :o

SazzaG
01-11-2005, 04:09 PM
Ooh, that's very tempting. Me & Rog stayed on an island at Badachro, near Gairloch, last year, which is very close to Ullapool. Stunning area!

Days off might be a problem though, as we're already planning on going to Borneo for 2 weeks on our honeymoon in April (back in time for the weekender, of course).

I'm off to do some adding up on my calendar!

Miles, I agree about the mileage! It took us over 12 hours to get to Gairloch, and that was driving non-stop overnight in a car....

Saz

Scotty
01-11-2005, 08:36 PM
im halfway there already :)

Phoenix
01-11-2005, 11:45 PM
im halfway there already :)

you got some great roads up your way as it is ;)

Phoenix
24-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Come on guys - lets make this Monsters on Tour year :D

Ade
25-01-2006, 01:29 AM
Myself and Mr Crust rode up from Marlow / High Wycombe and joined Lin and crew 3 years ago. We went up on our bikes, 630 ish miles, a days ride from Skye / Ullapool, bike is the only way to travel, and if your worried about squaring your tyres off they will soon round off again when following Lin, you might have to ask her to slow down. As long as the weather holds then it will be an experience of a lifetime, yes that good, a mate from Slough went up last year and got pissed off cos I didnt make him go sooner.
The cars on the road are so far and few between, as a result the roads are in much better nick than down south. I moved from Scotland when I was 20 and had forgotten the crack thats at the twist of a throttle. The crappy / boring bit is from London to Manchester, sorry Mancs and Brums.
On the way back down it took 10 hrs, and you dont get to the alps in 10 hrs.
Also met up with Mr & Mrs Ratchet, excellent local tour guides...remember the "Arctic" lorry that went up in flames...carrying BBQ coals, adventures

Phoenix
25-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Myself and Mr Crust rode up from Marlow / High Wycombe and joined Lin and crew 3 years ago.

If only we knew then what we know now ;)

Ade
25-01-2006, 02:54 AM
..and youve been worth waiting for..

But what have I told you about staying up late,
and I bet youve been smoking and drinking, I turn my back for 5 mins.....

DesmoDog
25-01-2006, 11:46 AM
looks great, anyone passing the North East is welcome to drop in for a cuppa/breather. I might even be able to offer floor space.

Phoenix
01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Righto - slight alteration and staying a little further south - so any late entrants raise your hand now otherwise you'll be in the shed with the midges :p

Scotty
02-03-2006, 06:58 PM
:yoparty:

booked holidays (i think, strange email calender thing :confused:)

Phoenix
02-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Cool - will pencil yer in then Tiger :mand: