PDA

View Full Version : be aware !

LAURENT
31-10-2005, 07:49 PM
During my latest trip in France , I have discovered my chain covered with aluminium bits. The nearest Ducati dealer was 300M away. I drove there and
Ducati tells me the that it is usual on S4R that the sproket screws(mouted on rubber bits) are sometime getting loose and comes out. But when it comes out , they rubb against the Hub and the swingarm. Both lost about 10mm of aluminium.
I have been told it cost more than 1000 pounds to change all this.
After paying in France new spoket holder (80pounds) in order to drive the back without make it worst , I came back in UK and Ducati has accepted to cover this under warranty even if the warranty was over by 3 months.
Thanks Ducati. Ecxept that they advice me not to use the bike (mid august ) and Ducati Aylesbury received all parts only mid October !!!

I have still used the bike but the rear caliper fell off from one side (god knows how the screw was loose !!!) and it has lok the rear wheel !
I had to pay for a new disk and caliper and my rear wheel is badly scratched.

So be vary carefull with your sproket. If the sproket doesnt have a punch next to each screw, it may come off soon or later.

NattyBoy
31-10-2005, 08:00 PM
This is a common problem that afflicts all the earlier 748/9** bikes which led to ducati changing the design of the sprocket carrier. (as it should be on the s4r??!)

The reason its so expensive is that you can only buy a new hub..complete with swingarm (they dont sell the hub seperate :eek: )

If anyone has this problem, speak to Rich Llewellin at Louigi Moto as with some machining end engineering genius..it can be sorted...!

Cheers
Nat

DAservice
03-11-2005, 03:40 PM
The reason its so expensive is that you can only buy a new hub..complete with swingarm (they dont sell the hub seperate :eek: )

This isn't the case.

The hub is available seperately from the swingarm on the S4R.

spacemonkey
03-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Would thread lock not help in this situation?