PDA

View Full Version : Hey Yerbs, After A Favour!

madhatter
31-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Hi Yerbs,

I'm trying to decide between fitting an "Imola bellpan" (the shorter pointy one) or the "larger carbon fibre one" (available from Spareshack). Then I remembered you are a bit of a whizz on the "paintshop software thingy". Any chance you could have a go at seeing what it would look like with each of these fitted please (not both at the same time).

Cheers,

Madhatter.

stuartg
31-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Steve, if you mean the race belly pan, I had one and it looked daft. The short Imola one looks best IMO

grunter
31-10-2005, 05:12 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/html/see-image.php?id=193
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/html/see-image.php?id=172
not your bike but hey :D

McMONSTRO
31-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Heres the Imola, in the lounge and now avaliable, if Jakko or Zimbo dont want it!

madhatter
31-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Hi Yerbs,

I'm trying to decide between fitting an "Imola bellpan" (the shorter pointy one).......

Muppet!!! :rolleyes: I mean't the "Carbon Fibre Monza Style" (short pointy one) or the "Carbon Fibre Bellypan by DP" (both available on the Spareshack website).

I have one of the "Imola" bellypans fitted to the 750 Monster that Rebel is now Hooning about on.

madhatter
31-10-2005, 05:38 PM
Steve, if you mean the race belly pan, I had one and it looked daft. The short Imola one looks best IMO

Hi Stu,

See my post above, I'm talking about the large DP carbon bellypan or the Imola. Either way I'm looking for a carbon one this time, unless someone has a Monza already in Senna that they wan't to sell at a bargain price!!

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 05:38 PM
heres the big fellow, if you can find a shot of a monza then let me know, I have one but the angle is a bit diff in the picture. I prefer the smaller one but i think s4 etc suits the larger pan..

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 05:41 PM
hmmm I did the wrong one?!......anyway the imola looks better than the carbon one, IM correct O

madhatter
31-10-2005, 05:42 PM
heres the big fellow, if you can find a shot of a monza then let me know, I have one but the angle is a bit diff in the picture. I prefer the smaller one but i think s4 etc suits the larger pan..

You really are a Clever Clogs with that software :D ;) . The Imola actually looks neater than I expected, I'll see if I can find any other pictures of the Large Spareshack DP Carbon one or the Monza.

Thanks AY.

Steve.

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 05:52 PM
I think stuarts bike is featured on an american site? the monster list of "mad monsters" ?? he also has a grey bike..sorry "senna" :rolleyes:

glad to be of service, and yes my clogs are a bit smart (although I am not quite perfect)

Alex.

stuartg
31-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi Stu,

See my post above, I'm talking about the large DP carbon bellypan or the Imola. Either way I'm looking for a carbon one this time, unless someone has a Monza already in Senna that they wan't to sell at a bargain price!!

Aar yes, now I'm with you. They both look good. I've got the small one on mine, the Monza I think and that looks nice. Did I really say nice!!! However havin seen the pics of the other one, the Imola, that looks equally good.
Sorry not much help in the decision making process am I?

Be lucky

madhatter
31-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Aar yes, now I'm with you. They both look good....I've got the Monza and that looks nice....However havin seen the pics of the Imola, that looks equally good....Sorry not much help in the decision making process am I?

I thought I'd decided against the Imola, until the "PaintshopWizard" did his magic, now I'm trying to make my mind up between the three!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

McMonstro, I may also be in touch, once I find some "Senna" paint! ;)

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 06:44 PM
this was more photoshop although the monza belly pan was there (I just removed the sheep, it's dear berti...what did you expect?)

rebel
31-10-2005, 06:56 PM
this was more photoshop although the monza belly pan was there (I just removed the sheep, it's dear berti...what did you expect?)

I've logged madhatter off, so I can do some forum surfing, I'll let him see the monza (less the sheep) once he has finished loading the dishwasher and making the coffee! :lol: :bunny:

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I've logged madhatter off, so I can do some forum surfing, I'll let him see the monza (less the sheep) once he has finished loading the dishwasher and making the coffee! :lol: :bunny:

get him to scrub behind the loo while he is at it?

Alex.

ps.in fact while he is at it lets run away together? the man is a fool and I have nearly 200 pounds in my birmingham midshires savings account.

ps.The imola is the best for the s4 as I have IMO'd before.

rebel
31-10-2005, 07:07 PM
get him to scrub behind the loo while he is at it?
In fact while he is at it lets run away together? the man is a fool and I have nearly 200 pounds in my birmingham midshires savings account.

Coffee has just been served, but he has £300 saved up in the National Westminster Bank "Piggy Bank Collection", so you will need to save harder!! :lol:

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 07:17 PM
curses!!! I will have to do another paper round...

madhatter
31-10-2005, 07:48 PM
get him to scrub behind the loo while he is at it....in fact while he is at it lets run away together? the man is a fool and I have nearly 200 pounds in my birmingham midshires savings account...the imola is the best for the s4 as I have IMO'd before.

You turn you're back for 5 minutes and some swarve, monocle wearing g1t in a smoking jacket, clutching a bottle of bubbly, tries to make a move on the trouble and strife! :rolleyes:

Incidently AY, after much searching through the Gallery on this wonderful site, I am begining to agree with Stuart G that the big carbon fibre DP belly-pan is somewhat shapeless and non-streamlined in appearance, and as I have already had a monnie with an Imola, it looks like it's come down to a carbon monza or a monza that I can get sprayed Senna (that's grey to you). Time to weigh up the costs of each option.

Has anyone out there got a carbon Monza they want to sell or a painted one in nice nick that I can get painted? :D

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 08:10 PM
they come up on ebay quite often as "bugspoilers" I have one in the shed but I think I will keep it (sorry) the only odd thing about them is that they attach via the case bolts, all very well but the tension on the case bolt then becomes dependant on the bracket to the bellypan ergo they don't tighten up as they should, maybe thats just me being a bit silly? you could always get an imola and carve it down a bit?

stuartg
31-10-2005, 10:41 PM
Steve.
I think this is what Alex is talking about. I bought my tail unit from them.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BUGSPOILER-DUCATI-MONSTER-GFK-SPOILER_W0QQitemZ8010015548QQcategoryZ49927QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Danny
01-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Heres the Imola, in the lounge and now avaliable, if Jakko or Zimbo dont want it!

Put me forth on the list, very interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

madhatter
01-11-2005, 11:51 AM
heres the big fellow....if you can find a shot of a monza then let me know....

Hi Yerbs,

I’ve managed to find a reasonable shot of the “Monza” bellypan (it’s the carbon one which is my preference), plus one of the “Carbon Spareshack DP” bellypan.

Can you apply your wizardry skills to these and see if you can cyber-attach them to my Monster Photograph. I should then have a really good comparison between the Imola (you have already done for me), the Carbon Monza, and the Carbon Spareshack DP bellypans.

Many Thanks for breaking off from the Red Wine and Stilton, to assist a fellow Monster Modifier.

MH.

madhatter
01-11-2005, 12:00 PM
...if you can find a shot of a monza then let me know.....

...and heres the one of the Carbon Spareshack DP bellypan.

(Hmmmm, seem to be having trouble getting this one uploaded, may have to try later at home)...

madhatter
01-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Steve.
I think this is what Alex is talking about. I bought my tail unit from them.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BUGSPOILER-DUCATI-MONSTER-GFK-SPOILER_W0QQitemZ8010015548QQcategoryZ49927QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's the Kiddie Stuart, just need to finish making my mind up now, :rolleyes: following Mr Yerbs artistic assistance! ;)

A Yerbury
01-11-2005, 12:04 PM
bit busy right now but I will have a go later, the monza is slightly 3/4 on? if no side shot then I can shoot mine later with one of them digital camera things..

madhatter
01-11-2005, 12:17 PM
....the monza is slightly 3/4 on......

This Monza may be better if you can make it look like carbon. No prizes for guessing where it came from! :lol:

madhatter
01-11-2005, 04:47 PM
bit busy right now but I will have a go later, the monza is slightly 3/4 on? if no side shot then I can shoot mine later with one of them digital camera things..

Thanks AlexY, I did finally managed to upload a photograph of the "Spareshack Carbon DP" bellypan and a second "Monza" which is not 3/4 on.

See above posts.

Owe you a glass of splosh whenever we finally meet-up. ;)

A Yerbury
01-11-2005, 07:05 PM
here is the racy thing as for the monza c'mon tophatter! you've seen simons?! it will be like that but carbon or senna? if you need it Ill do one...(later probly)

madhatter
02-11-2005, 11:53 AM
here is the racy thing....

Cheers Alex, :D it's always good to see how it would look on my own bike, as everything else (except the pipes) is completely standard. Simon's & SpareGuru's bikes are so completely different with all there other bolt on goodies, that I can't get my limited imagination to see it on my bike :rolleyes: .

Thanks for your help, I bought the carbon Monza last night when I was bored because the Forum had crashed.

When it's fitted, I'll put up a picture of it in the flesh (so-to-speak).

MH

A Yerbury
02-11-2005, 11:56 AM
oooh the irony of it all,

madhatter
02-11-2005, 12:11 PM
oooh the irony of it all,

Ahhh......but the ones you did do for me confirmed my decision to go for the smaller Monza jobbie that you didn't....so valuable time invested by yourself to aid my procurement decision indeed me thinks! ;)

stuartg
02-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Ahhh......but the ones you did do for me confirmed my decision to go for the smaller Monza jobbie that you didn't....so valuable time invested by yourself to aid my procurement decision indeed me thinks! ;)

Good choice Steve. That Alex is a diamond geezer, no? Might ask him to do some pics for me dont know if he shares the same fetish's