PDA

View Full Version : slave cylinder upgrade ?

stef
31-10-2005, 01:04 PM
to cut it short, i need to replace the oem slave cylinder on my 98 m900, coz it's leaking.
the question is:
should i just get a piston upgrade from spareshack (£17), or fork out much more for a new cnc slave cylinder.
Opinions anyone ?

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 01:15 PM
get one of them yoyo ones.. it's not about being cheap (thats my job)

rich
31-10-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi there

try here:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-Clutch-Slave-Quad-Seal-no-more-leaks-unique_W0QQitemZ8010500884QQcategoryZ10448QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

hope this gets you going

rich

stef
31-10-2005, 01:28 PM
some conflicting opinions here.
i saw the quad seal one.. that's another option...anyone used them ?

less cash spent on fixing the clutch= more cash for other goodies.
(I made contact with a chrome plating company to get a full tank job, i just bought an engine case, i need to replace the rubber clutch line for a braided one, while i am in there, i need new clutch plates, i need to get both engine cases + pressure plate polished, i need new mirrors, i need new shiny rear wheel spindle adjuster plates, i need a carb synchroniser... and that's probably it for this month.. )

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 01:33 PM
I have just put a braid on my clutch, it was meant for a honda but was the same length, have a quick measure than have a peek on ebay. If you have a shiny line you cant have a scruffy cylinder though? the stainless adjusters are also good and cheap.

stef
31-10-2005, 01:43 PM
the outside apearance of the slave is fine.. it's just leaking at the seal. would be daft to stick a spanking engine cover on that leak...

i'll just take my current hose to ducati leeds, and they can build me a shiny line while i wait. all for £20.

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 01:50 PM
the outside apearance of the slave is fine.. it's just leaking at the seal. would be daft to stick a spanking engine cover on that leak...

i'll just take my current hose to ducati leeds, and they can build me a shiny line while i wait. all for £20.

that would be daft...a spanking engine sounds like fun?

stef
31-10-2005, 02:00 PM
spanking ? I am going for an overall kickass look
i am still a little unsure about polished covers over a black engine..but maybe it will be a grower.

Zimbo
31-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Loigi Moto does refurbished exchange slave cylinders like yours using the quad seal for about £15, that would be my recomendation.
Changing the slave cylinder costs a fair bit, £60 odd for the slave unit, and another £25 for a longer 748 clutch pushrod.

A Yerbury
31-10-2005, 05:55 PM
spanking ? I am going for an overall kickass look
i am still a little unsure about polished covers over a black engine..but maybe it will be a grower.

get the covers powdered black? black is kick bottom, shiny is for poofs, harleys and Jmo.

stef
01-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Loigi Moto does refurbished exchange slave cylinders like yours using the quad seal for about £15, that would be my recomendation.
Changing the slave cylinder costs a fair bit, £60 odd for the slave unit, and another £25 for a longer 748 clutch pushrod.
do you have some contact details ?
sounds very good to me.

stef
01-11-2005, 10:39 AM
I look butch, even on a pink chromed-up electraglide. it's all about the stare.

stef
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM

umm..
why would i need a longer pushrod ? i should be able to get a upgraded slave for around £80 (spareshack)..surely that would just bolt on, right ?