PDA

View Full Version : That's it for another year ...

marchesini
30-10-2005, 10:58 AM
Well, managed to fit another trackday in before the gritters pay us a visit.

A few friends said they were going to Brands on the Saturday and earlier in the week, it wasn't looking too good. As usual, I left my preparation to the last minute so what I managed in the last week: had petrol tank, front fender and v-piece painted, made stickers for tank, ordered fairings and applied decals, collected bike (day before the track day), collected and fitted newly covered single seat and the high level screen. Since my last outing, I managed to get an Ohlins rear shock, Bucci slipper clutch and radial brake master cylinder fitted.

Had a totally spiffing day and I seem to be getting the hang of this lark now. Am slowly getting used to how to ride the 748 as it's totally different to the bigger capacity bikes but ultimately more rewarding (as well as frustrating when you get it wrong).

Luckily, it didn't rain and more importantly I didn't fall off. The bike survived and so now it will be put into winter hibernation until next year. More fettling will be on the cards but roll on next spring - can't wait. By the sounds of it, quite a few of us have caught the trackday bug so look forward to bashing fairings with you all next year.

Laters all

simon

NattyBoy
30-10-2005, 11:15 AM
That looks the dogs mate !!!! What a difference to whenI saw it at Lydden !! Really looking forward to next year...just gotta pull my finger out and get mine finished now !! :D

BTW - looking good

Nat

marchesini
30-10-2005, 11:31 AM
That looks the dogs mate !!!! What a difference to whenI saw it at Lydden !! Really looking forward to next year...just gotta pull my finger out and get mine finished now !! :D

BTW - looking good

Nat

Still lots to do when you look up close but now the problem now is that when you put new bits on, it makes the old bits look really tatty so I have to be careful not to let it get too out of control. BTW, got any carbon airtubes for a special price?

On another point, what I am most pleased about is the 'improvement' in my riding confidence. The 748 has really helped me explore the limits of the bike and really less on the capacity on the 996. More speed, less braking, more lean = more knee down and bigger grins.

So, Natty have you got your trackday diary ready for next year?

simon

NattyBoy
30-10-2005, 02:53 PM
Know what yopu mean about adding new bits.. :rolleyes:

Yep - I can do you some airtubes..got one set left - £150 posted if its of interest. Also got some VERY trick corse carbon heelguards for use with yer rearsets mate...the real deal (not the standard 'flat' ones, but the r/h side moulds round the pipes) ! List at £248 a pair :eek: - NIT velly special price £65. Will post a pic on my project thread.

No track diary sorted yet but watch this space (I can hear Jerez calling mate ;) ).

Cheers
Nat

Chris
30-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Looks like you're having great fun, and the bike looks fantastic. V Jealous!

marchesini
30-10-2005, 08:43 PM
No track diary sorted yet but watch this space (I can hear Jerez calling mate ;) ).

Oh, man, you know how bad I am when it comes to rationing 'goodies'. No, no, no, absolutely not, can't afford it, too busy, not interested, too far away and don't speak the language. Definitely not. Just out of curiosity, when were you thinking? ;)

Laters

simon

BTW, airtubes might be a goer. They are the race versions right - without the mirror mount holes?

marchesini
30-10-2005, 08:55 PM
Looks like you're having great fun, and the bike looks fantastic. V Jealous!

And what would you know about having fun on a bike! No, I wasn't having fun as I hear that some folks round these here parts take a rather dim view on those sort of shenanigans. Amazing what photoshop can do - a bit of motion blur and cloning brush and you too can get your knee down. I heard you were having 'fun' at Donnington - is this going to become a regular occurence next year - Natty chasing?

The bike was looking a bit tatty when I got it but being one of them designer tarts, I can't leave anything alone for too long. So, some £19.99 decals and a £250 trackday fairing and the bike has been transformed - well, looks a little neater at least.

Laters (and keep that front end down - makes your bike last longer)

simon