PDA

View Full Version : Tick Over Problems

Smoo666
19-10-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm having problems with my 900ie hunting for the correct tick over. When I pull up to lights it can sit at about 3500rpm and I have to let the clutch out to the biting point for it to come back down. I bought the bike with Sil Moto up and over race cans fitted and wondered if this problem is being caused by not having the ECU properly mapped. Also when riding the revs drop off and I get a sqeak/pop noise which seems to come from the front cylinder which seems to clear after a few seconds and then won't happen again for a few days. Please help.

MotoNik
20-10-2005, 08:15 PM
Sounds suspiciously like an air leak to me - that would make the mixture lean, which would make it run fast.

Check the plugs - that'll tell you whether it's running lean or not. Plugs should be a nice chocolate (mmmmmm.....) brown on the ends.

I'd be a little bit surprised if this was all due to the Sils, but you never can tell.

To be completely certain it would need a bit of time on a dyno, but in the meantime I'd check the plugs, and then check things like the air filter is fitted securely, no obvious leaks to the airbox, the vacuum screws are present in the inlet manifolds etc - in other words, any trace of anything untoward which would cause the bike to run lean.

Good luck - keep us posted.

cheers,

Nik