PDA

View Full Version : EBike Insurance

andros
19-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Anybody had any dealings with eBike insurance or are they quite new.

Just got a quote much cheaper than Ducati insurance, but I would like to know something about them.
Thanks

Jim66a
19-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi, I have my Monster insured through E bike on a pay as you go policy. Gave me the best quote I could find too. Major deciding factor for me other than the price was the ability to gain 3yrs no claims bonus in just 24 months.
Not sure how new the company is. I took my policy out in june this year.

Gilps
19-10-2005, 04:21 PM
I just switched to Ebike about 3 weeks ago. Bennets quoted 475 to renew with them, Carol Nash 350, Ducati Insurance 275, and eBike 225. No contest. These were all based on same excesses, mileage, overnight storage, etc.
I guess you only really find out how good a company is when you claim, but as I don't plan on doing that, I should be OK. :D
Ducati was wierd though. I got a quote from them in mid-September when I first started looking around, of £225. It was only when I went back to them a couple of weeks later that they had gone up to 275. Needless to sya they didn't get my business.
My wife just insured her Honda Hornet 600 with Bennets for £125. She has 1 years no claims. I just don't get it.

Danny
19-10-2005, 04:42 PM
Try www.confused.com

I've found them the cheapest for the bike, my wifes car and our holiday insurance.

Grim
19-10-2005, 05:45 PM
Did the ringing round thing and found ebike were cheapest, guy from Insure my ducati (premium choice ?) called an pretty much matched them, so saved on the agro of changing.

He did say they were new (something like 3 mths old) so only time will tell if you get the service when you need it.

scrumpster
19-10-2005, 08:59 PM
I've just insured my bike through them. Very comprehensive, including breakdown and they cover my paint job. The paperwork arrived promptly, lets just see what happens next time I break down ha ha!!

andros
20-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the info guys.

Got a few days yet so will try insure my Ducati etc. If not it looks like I will be moving to eBike :rolleyes:

NBs
20-10-2005, 07:19 PM
As mentioned, they're unproven. But why not give them a chance!

I like the concept of being able to declare all the mods in the on-line process... managed to select everything that's been done to my 996 (lots) and still get a quote, where I usually only have the option to be laughed at over the phone!

They were however a few quid more expensive than my current insurer.