PDA

View Full Version : Toseland and Laconi sacked

fatbloke
14-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Is this the worse kept secret in racing?
Our own James Toseland and Regis Laconi have been replaced
with Troy Bayliss and Lorenzo Lanzi.
more details (BBC News) (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/4342580.stm)
What do you think?
Good
Bad
or indifferent
Who would you like to have seen riding for Ducati?

craigie
14-10-2005, 08:13 PM
I think it will be good to see Bayliss back at the front, if he can do the Pirelli switch after years on the best Michelin had to offer. And to be honest Lanzi did a better job than Toseland whenever he got a factory bike so he deserves it whereas Toseland and Laconi didn't do much to save there jobs this year. It's a shame Lavilla couldn't be squeezed in anywhere as I'm sure he was hoping to be riding on sunnier tracks next year, good for BSB though.

So I think Good.

NattyBoy
14-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Never rated Laconi...but I do rate James and hope that his next move is a goodun as I think it will be pivotal in his career (hes still a pup). As for the new team..ive been watching lanzi for some time and like him...troy on a duke is great news..love the bloke and he has natural talent in abundance.

Looking forward (with confidence) to next year

MotoNik
16-10-2005, 09:52 PM
I'll side with Jack Burnicle on this one - risky having Bayliss back on a bike he hasn't raced, on tyres he's not raced on. Lanzi seems good, but he's unproven.

Can't stand Bayliss anyhow - I was chuffed to bits when Edwards beat him to the title. Arrogant tosser, and that's just his wife... :lol:

Shame for Toseland, but he's not exactly ridden like a champ this year has he? Moments of brilliance combined with moments of complete mediocrity. Another year in BSB will do for him what it did for Hodgson - make him learn how to be a fighter. Failing that, I think he could do a lot worse than partner Hodgson in the states for a year, instead of stubbornly refusing to leave the world championship and languishing on a second rate ride.

Nik

Pedro
16-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Romour has it that Winston Ten Kate are after Toseland if Vermuellen jumps to MotoGP.

SAMMYE
17-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Well I am dissappointed! both I think are great riders in different respects and bearing in mind Ducatis mechanical failings at the beginning of the season especially for Toseland I feel they both rode pretty well and didnt do to badly all things considered

Phoenix
17-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Where do you think JT/ Laconi will go now ? any rumours ?

craigie
17-10-2005, 07:34 PM
Where do you think JT/ Laconi will go now ? any rumours ?

from all the nonsense/rumours I've read, both Alstare and Ten Kate have a soft spot for Toseland. No idea about Laconi though.