PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 22nd October.......

Tigerlily
12-10-2005, 09:54 AM
This is subject to the weather as usual.....but does anyone fancy a ride out somewhere on Saturday 22nd of this month (Yes, I know it isn't like me - I'm giving you a fair amount of notice for a change!)

I'll have a think about somewhere to go.....maybe Wales for a change :eek:
If anyone fancies it who isn't working....out of the country....or babysitting then let me know and I'll sort something :D

steviej
12-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Could be tempted. I've booked the weekend off work but I could be on STRIKE anyway.

We've officially given the Company the obligatory seven days notice and we're on strike as from 06:00hrs next Wednesday............... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tigerlily
12-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Negotiations not going well then?

You should console yourself with a good ride!

steviej
13-10-2005, 12:18 AM
You should console yourself with a good ride!

My lord..................................
......................an' there's me thinkin' you'd never ask!! :eek:

OOOOps :p

Little Monster
13-10-2005, 08:41 PM
My lord..................................
......................an' there's me thinkin' you'd never ask!! :eek:

OOOOps :p

Excellent punctuation for one of your early hours posts

I have mucho to do this weekend so should be complying with self imposed bike ban. weather looks poor anyhoo from what i've seen.

steviej
13-10-2005, 11:17 PM
Excellent punctuation for one of your early hours posts

I have mucho to do this weekend so should be complying with self imposed bike ban. weather looks poor anyhoo from what i've seen.

......................(P!ss Poor) excuse!! unless it REALLY pisses it down!!! :eek:

Black Ferret
14-10-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm up for it on the 22nd. I promise not to drink too much on friday so's as i turn up on time.

Tigerlily
14-10-2005, 09:43 PM
What do we think to the idea of a trip to Wales then boys?

steviej
14-10-2005, 11:01 PM
What do we think to the idea of a trip to Wales then boys?

I'll get me sheepskin out............................................... ......................

.................ironically I've just discovered my mam's maternal side hail from Denbighshire.

Puts a whole new light on "Mary had a little lamb....etc". :eek:

Little Monster
15-10-2005, 12:25 AM
......................(P!ss Poor) excuse!! unless it REALLY pisses it down!!! :eek:

Don't even think about starting on me. I'll kick your arse. (and you won't enjoy it!)

laterzzzz...........

Leon
15-10-2005, 10:28 AM
Hi,
I wouldn't mind going out for a ride... Can I come :lol:
Wheather is of course the biggest pain this of year - nice today though - well getting there...

steviej
15-10-2005, 10:28 AM
I'll kick your arse. (and you won't enjoy it!)

Oooooer........................I beg to differ!!!! :eek: ;)

Little Monster
15-10-2005, 02:44 PM
....and read the thread title!!! Confined to barracks THIS weekend but not THAT weekend. Dufus. So, yes, I'm in.

Banshee
15-10-2005, 07:55 PM
cant be arsed to read whole thread, where you riding to?

Little Monster
15-10-2005, 10:32 PM
cant be arsed to read whole thread, where you riding to?

it's not even a page yet!!!

Meet us at 10am at the Peterborough services of the A1. We'll be there. :twisted:

Jim66a
16-10-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi, Looks like I have next weekend off. What route will you be taking?

Little Monster
16-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Hi, Looks like I have next weekend off. What route will you be taking?

Don't be thrown by my A1 comment - that's just for the benefit of Bansh :lol:

Banshee
16-10-2005, 05:17 PM
it's not even a page yet!!!

Meet us at 10am at the Peterborough services of the A1. We'll be there. :twisted:

Your nasty. :bunny:

Little Monster
16-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Your nasty. :bunny:
.................bet it made you read the entire thread tho.......... :p

Tigerlily
16-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Looks like we've got a bit of interest going for this one, so I'd best get me map out and start doing some planning!

Everyone and anyone is welcome........ I'ts always good to scare, errr I mean see new faces :D

Off to find me map...........back soon!

w108rna
16-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I'd be up for a trip into Wales. I'm off that weekend so if the weather is ok, i should be able to play.

Little Monster
16-10-2005, 08:16 PM
....just wanted to look at metcheck to suss weather for next sat and typed in wetcheck instead - oh how I laughed

anyhoo - was suprised to see fried eggs with just a smattering of mashed potato.....there's time yet of course.

Tigerlily
16-10-2005, 08:25 PM
....just wanted to look at metcheck to suss weather for next sat and typed in wetcheck instead - oh how I laughed

anyhoo - was suprised to see fried eggs with just a smattering of mashed potato.....there's time yet of course.

Anyone would think that you want it to rain! :eek: :lol:

Little Monster
16-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Anyone would think that you want it to rain! :eek: :lol:
just being my usual positive southerner living oop north self m'dear - I've washed the bikini just in case really :cool:

Tigerlily
18-10-2005, 06:54 PM
Not come up with a destination or route as yet but......

......can we meet either at my house (I'll be leaving at 10:30) or at Ducati Manchester at 11:00?

What do we think about going to the seaside for possibly the last ice-cream of the season? I'm thinking North Wales, so possibly Rhyl or Angelsey.

Vincent Jones
18-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Count me in if the weather is favourable.

claicerrig
18-10-2005, 09:41 PM
ANGLESEY :bunny: :bunny: ANGLESEY :bunny: :bunny:

Tigerlily
18-10-2005, 10:09 PM
Are you going to make us a brew if we come to Angelsey then Clai? :D

The more I think about it, the more i like the idea....... Angelsey it is!!!!

claicerrig
18-10-2005, 10:12 PM
TOO RIGHT :D :D And home made shortbread biscuits and flapjacks

Its lonley here you no The only monster in the Village :(

Tigerlily
18-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Stuff the weather......I'll be there even if it snows! :D We can't have your Monster getting lonely either can we!

I'll pm you my number Clai

Tigerlily
18-10-2005, 10:38 PM
2 full pages and no list yet, so here we go!

Tigerlily (whatever the weather....flapjacks, mmmmmm!)
Steviej
Little Monster
Black Ferret
Leon
Banshee
Jim66a
w108rna
Vincent Jones
Claicerrig (providing flapjacks and shortbread!.....More than enough reason to come out and play, as far as I'm concerned!)

Just because your name's on the list it doesn't mean you're committed....... although there's probably more than 1 person on there who should be! :eek:

Sorry if I missed anyone off ............ just add your name if I did! :)

steviej
18-10-2005, 10:48 PM
....... Angelsey it is!!!!

Steady on flossy, I'm no kill joy but just getting into Wales is less than half way..............

..........Clai me owd lad your gonna 'ave to come toward us a little bit at least.

Seriously though, Manchester/Anglesey/Manchester gonna take up a lot o' daylight hours at this time of year. :confused:

Tigerlily
18-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Your better with time and distance than I am Stevie.... Do you think Rhyl would be better? :confused:

steviej
18-10-2005, 11:12 PM
Your better with time and distance than I am Stevie.... Do you think Rhyl would be better? :confused:

You know the score........................................ :p

Tigerlily
18-10-2005, 11:24 PM
OK..... OK...... Angelsey is a bit over ambitious for this time of year.... (Sorry but the offer of the homemade flapjacks sent me a bit silly)

Is Rhyl OK with everyone?..... We can still go to Angelsey sometime (when the days are longer and warmer!)

steviej
18-10-2005, 11:30 PM
OK..... OK...... Angelsey is a bit over ambitious for this time of year.... (Sorry but the offer of the homemade flapjacks sent me a bit silly)

Is Rhyl OK with everyone?..... We can still go to Angelsey sometime (when the days are longer and warmer!)

Sounds EXCELLENT to me baby..................... ;) :cool: :D

claicerrig
19-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Ok i`ll bring the Flapjacks and Shortbreads to you lot :D :D

Anglesey next Spring / Summer I`ll hold you all to it for a Manky / Welsh type BBQ.

Banshee bring your own Sheep all ours are taken :p

Maybe tie it up with a mini track day or a Race meeting @ the TY Croes Circuit :burnout:

Whats the plan then Where are we meeting up Times etc?????

I have a 4hr play pass 4 Saturday now :cool: :cool:

Kev Bunney
19-10-2005, 07:01 PM
An Eskimo was driving through Wales when his car broke down, the AA man arrived and after a check of the engine he said "you`ve blown a Seal" so what said the Eskimo, you Bugger sheep !!!

cheese
19-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Everyone and anyone is welcome........ I'ts always good to scare, errr I mean see new faces :D

I would love to join you all on this ride to wales but i'v just striped me bike to work on it :( so is it ok if i join you all when its back together

Tigerlily
19-10-2005, 08:50 PM
How long will it take you to put it back together? We're only going for the day ;)

Your welcome to come out with us another time, keep your eyes open for other events :D

Clai....... Your a star! :D I'll let you know where and when as soon as I know :)

cheese
19-10-2005, 09:04 PM
hi Tigerlily knowin me a long time i have to do the work in me kitchen :eek: . Prob will need to ask lots of questions on how to put it back together :lol:> I will keep an eye open and hope to catch up with you all soon.

w108rna
20-10-2005, 05:24 PM
Rhyl is good with me, just put my bike back together this afternoon! Just hope the man upstairs does his bit on the weather front!

If you lot are meeting at Ducati Manchester, i will probably wait for you at the Shell Service Station on the M56 (junc 14) at Helsby, thats easy for me to join you all. What time to you recon on leaving Duc M'ster?

Here's hoping for great weather!

Ta ta, Mark

Tigerlily
20-10-2005, 08:12 PM
If we can all get to Duc Manchester for 11 (sharp!...... Yes I know that's a bit rich coming from me but I'm going to make a special effort! :p ) Then hopefully we can leave at 11.15

Bearing in mind the lack of daylight hours I think it's best if we get on the M56 and stay on that until we get to Chester, then we could take the coast road (A548) to Rhyl.....or......we could go through Mold, Ruthin and Denbigh,then up to Rhyl. It's a longer way round but probably nicer roads.

Which route do you prefer people?

I'm thinking that we're gonna get to Rhyl at something like half 1...... possibly :confused:

Little Monster
20-10-2005, 09:15 PM
metcheck this morning was looking very rosey

now, it's looking uber pants - particularly in Rhyl

Might be one of those 'look out the window on saturday morning' jobbies.

LM

ps - If I don't catch you before then TL, I'll text you sat a.m. but i'll be meeting you guys at Duc Manc as it's nearer me, on the way etc.

claicerrig
21-10-2005, 06:18 AM
A & D Bikes is in Denbigh but beware of police camera vans on that route :eek:

Check Arrive Alive for north wales they give details of where they are suposed to be over the weekend Also the Daily Post

Are we meeting in Woods Ducati In Abergeley? Or where abouts in Rhyl :confused:

See you all tomorrow....... :bunny: :bunny:

I wont be back on line now untill Saturday morning to check unless you want to bell me TigerL

Leon
21-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Hi all,
Hope you've decided on going through Ruthin coz that's a cracking road :bunny:
Plus I could meet you on the way-Coedpoeth is just up the road from me...
Let me know if/when you're in the saddles and I'll join you up here..
I'm gona regret this :lol: 07906 081511 give us bell or text.
Cau

PS: It's meant to be OK ere tomoz ;)

Tigerlily
22-10-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm up and about folks....... What do we think about today then.....Yay or nay?

It's dry but grim looking here.

Tigerlily
22-10-2005, 08:42 AM
I've just had another look at the weather forcast and its saying showers all day between here and Rhyl....... I'm seriously thinking about not going now.

steviej
22-10-2005, 08:49 AM
I've just had another look at the weather forcast and its saying showers all day between here and Rhyl....... I'm seriously thinking about not going now.

The weather gets worse the further west you get, from Horwich anyway. In fact it gets worse if you go anywhere. I'll have a ride round the block me thinks and hope the weather picks up for next SUNDAY if anybody fancies it!! :confused:

Leon
22-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Hi boss ;)
It's breaking up above Wrexham but the roads are still wet from yesterday...
It's not 'fair', is it and I'm feelin bike sick coz I've not been on it all week due to bad weather and other reasons...
Will stay on line and see what you all think...
Cau Leon.

Little Monster
22-10-2005, 08:58 AM
the hardcore (steviej and tiger) buckle

chester? or another direction? or can i go back to bed?

steviej
22-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Knutsford (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=knutsford)
Chester (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Chester)
Wrexham (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Wrexham)
Ruthin (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=Ruthin)
Rhyl (http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/today.asp?zipcode=rhyl)
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

steviej
22-10-2005, 09:06 AM
the hardcore (steviej and tiger) buckle

chester? or another direction? or can i go back to bed?

Chester looks good......................

Tigerlily
22-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Go get yourself back to bed LM........

Stevie, next Sunday sounds good to me!....................(I think :confused: )

Sorry folks....Looks like this is officially rained off :(

steviej
22-10-2005, 09:11 AM
Go get yourself back to bed LM........
Stevie, next Sunday sounds good to me!....................(I think :confused: )
Sorry folks....Looks like this is officially rained off :(

OK Boss.......................... :rolleyes:

Little Monster
22-10-2005, 09:18 AM
I am up. it's only light rain everywhere and I have waterproof stuff. as long as we don't go too far afield.....

Chester for a cuppa? not been out for ages

Tiger?
Steviej?
Me
is Vincent up here?

Leon
22-10-2005, 09:21 AM
It's sunny ere :cool:
Anybody from round Chester fancies it?
Leon.

claicerrig
22-10-2005, 09:22 AM
:( still the only Monster in the Village :lol:

Cant make next week but things might change ;)

Any one want loads of Flapjacks And Shortbreads cal round :D

Little Monster
22-10-2005, 09:27 AM
come on girl

i'm hopping in the shower now and expect lots of 'oh, go on thens' next time i look at this screen in a minute

if it's just our mob, meet at my place? to meet at duc manc for 11 i'd have to leave now and i am half an hour off being ready but I guess that's the same for you lot anyhoo.

decisions,,,,decisions.

edit - just spoke to steviej - raining where he is. Back to bed for me then, might go for a trundle later - RHYL IS OFF, CANCEL THE FLAPJACKS! :(

w108rna
22-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I went to Duc M'ster for 11 as wasn't sure if you lot were going. I was in my car as the bike was playing up this morning, good thing in the end i guess, the weather has been pants! Hopefully the weather will come good later on in the year (whats left of it).

Ta ta for now anyway and keeping an eye open for the next chance of a ride out.

Mark

claicerrig
22-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Just Back from a nice 2 1/2 hr Ride roung the Island :twisted:

The Anglesey micro-climate strikes again :p :p :p

Hot Sunshine but Very Damp to wet roads in places :eek:

Still the only Monster in the Village :o