PDA

View Full Version : Broken Down

scrumpster
07-10-2005, 03:14 PM
My bike is at it again. The ignition was playing up earlier in the week, but seemed to sort itself, so off I go to Somerset this morning. Get 4 miles up the M27 and it dies!! Won't start, leave it a while, use choke and it starts! Get back on, dies again, and smells of fuel. Pull in and phone recovery guy, by the time he arrives it starts without choke, but still smells of fuel, so my poor old bike is strapped onto a truck and home we go. Needless to say I'm pretty pissed off :confused:

NBs
07-10-2005, 04:29 PM
That's what you get for taking it to a dodgy mechanic!
Sounds like it's easily fixed... that's my day off on monday spoken for then!

see you tonight scrumpy :)

Nonnie
08-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Scrummy, is Munch sorted?

scrumpster
08-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Not fixed yet, but good old NB coming over Monday, if he survives Cadwell, which I'm sure he will :D

benson
11-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Any updates on the bike? :confused:

Mine has just had a recall (M900ie) for the fuel line which was replaced - might be worth a thought?

Meanwhile you have to come to London and we have to go to the dogs lke we did last weekend - we had a giggle!!!

Hope you're ok and not too pi55ed off now...

xxx

scrumpster
11-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Cheers mate and the fuel problem is sorted, and hopefully the electric problem is now I have a new ignition relay, just need a rear shock now! :rolleyes: I'll get up to you deffo one day soon, I'd love a night at the dogs with you crazy people! :lol:

MilesB
13-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Mine has just had a recall (M900ie) for the fuel line which was replaced - might be worth a thought?
Recall on M900ie :confused:

Not had that - was this recently... as I've just moved house and the post may not have caught up with me yet :rolleyes:

Miles

benson
13-10-2005, 05:38 PM
just PM'd you about it - hope your's is OK!

scrumpster
14-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Well, sorted fuel problem out, same as Plum's before weekender, so put a loop in it and now it's fine, rode up to Snells in my lunch 2 hours :D and bought a new ignition relay and that seems to have sorted the electrics problem out. Just hoping to sort the rear shock this weekend.............fingers crossed!

Paranoid Dave
14-10-2005, 04:21 PM
hoorah :D :D