PDA

View Full Version : Problems with M600's

Shauns4
05-10-2005, 05:28 PM
I read this forum a fair amount and I have noticed that the majority of problems that are listed seem to related to the M600? Is it more people have M600's so the law of averages is increasing the 'problem threads' or is the M600 is more troublesome?

We have 2 Ducatis (wife + me) and neither thus far have given any problems (touch wood!).

Shaun

A Yerbury
05-10-2005, 05:45 PM
They are a lot older so there is more wear and tear, the early electrics are/were pretty bad and they suffer from carb icing. however a lot of novice riders ergo people with little or no mechanical savvy tend to buy them hence so many "should I worry about this" type threads. On the up they are very cheap to buy, cheap to run, cheap to insure and cheap to service as well as being very simple to work on once one has mastered the basics of what does what. Wiring-simple (if tedious) carb icing (pro fst) most of the other problems seem to happen to many bikes, compounded by the fact that there seem to be a lot of cowboy mechanics out there who play on owners "ducati = exotic = difficult" paranoia. Mine has had it's share of quirks and wear and tear issues but nothing too serious, also, lets not forget the interchangeability of parts across the range which means that a pair of calipers, a pair of forks etc can normally be snagged on ebay for a pittance. They look nice too.

Alex.

Scotty
05-10-2005, 09:04 PM
the two bikes ive had have been just as bad as eachother but i blame the previous careful owners