PDA

View Full Version : Donington Park 04/10/05

fatbloke
04-10-2005, 06:39 PM
What a great day (for most of us) weather dry, track great, company even better,
Not so lucky where sparesgeezer nasty high side coming out of the melbourne loop.
Slob off somewhere else (dont know corner names)
Kierons 996 a non starter
Nattyboy was so excited to be taking louigi's race bike but it was another non starter.
Fatbloke melting the preload adjuster cable (back very floppy)
Highlight of the day was meeting UKMOC's youngest member, Spike and Drcuillas
beautiful daughter Eleanor (she's a babe)
And more stories I'm sure will follow on this thread.
But thanks all I had a great day and hope you did

Mand
04-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I was there! Guess what? It was dry!!!!!!

Pictures to follow.....

NattyBoy
04-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Can you believe that...bloody thing wouldnt start.. :mad:

By 11.00, I was suicidal watching everyone going round as I was really looking forward to it.

Shortly after I was made a very very happy man by Claicerrigg lending me his S4 Challenge for 2 sessions (very well setup and lovely slipper clutch), my mate Neal lending me his 998s after lunch (lost the back end at the melbourne loop right in front of him with the camera - doh !!), and finally Ade lending me his M900 for the last session (my ears are still bleeding from those new harris cans mate !!! :lol: ).

I cannot emphasise enough how these guys turned my worst nightmare into a very enjoyable day ... a number of guys parked up by Neal and I commented on what a bloody good club we must have to get those sort of gestures...

The best I replied :D

So Ade and Claicerrig take a bow..you truly are gentlemen and I look forward to repaying the favour sometime soon.

Hope stu and slob are feeling better BTW..Stus highside was right in front of my mate Neal..and he assures me it was very nasty indeed..

All the best..good to catch up with everyone..

Nat

Chris
04-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Ditto,

What a great day! Lovely to see everyone, and great to see a good collection of Monsters taking on the rice rockets in style.

Think I need to get some new tyres now though!!!

Pedro
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
and finally Ade lending me his M900 for the last session (my ears are still bleeding from those new harris cans mate !!! :lol: ).

Nat

Blimey, I hope you washed your hands afterwards!!!

:lol:

Sounds like an eventful day, hope the fallers are feeling better!

Ped

Scotty
04-10-2005, 07:50 PM
looks like i was well beaten in the 'race' home then ahh well
many thanks for the petrol to get me off home ( i really should get petrol light fixed)

Mand
04-10-2005, 07:51 PM
Ditto,

What a great day! Lovely to see everyone, and great to see a good collection of Monsters taking on the rice rockets in style.

Think I need to get some new tyres now though!!!

mmmm I wonder why.....

Mand
04-10-2005, 07:52 PM
First outing?

Mand
04-10-2005, 07:53 PM
The rest of of the piccies will be posted in the next couple of days. I am pooped!

Nite nite!

CK & AK
04-10-2005, 08:01 PM
which race bike was it you borrowed Nat?

MrsJel
04-10-2005, 08:10 PM
Mand, does this mean the curse is lifted?

Mand
04-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Mand, does this mean the curse is lifted?

It seems that way. Hurrah!

Mind you, Terry (Fatbloke) was there and he is the official bringer (if there is such a word?) of good weather.

Banshee
04-10-2005, 08:38 PM
It comes out his bottom.... Come on more pics people....

fatbloke
04-10-2005, 08:40 PM
It seems that way. Hurrah!

Mind you, Terry (Fatbloke) was there and he is the official bringer (if there is such a word?) of good weather.
tis true I am lucky with weather but who needs the sun when you have Mands
never ending smile

spares geezer
04-10-2005, 08:58 PM
currently in Coach & Horses getting my 6th pint of medicine. Believe me I was sore this afternoon but bugger me it's only getting worse despite my best efforts to cancel out the pain. wish I had a video of it as somehow the bike went down the track on it's roof before hitting me. Still, nothing broken (I think!), just had the sh*t kicked out if me for being to confident...here's to a few days off.

Banshee
04-10-2005, 09:02 PM
trust me, ya dont want footage.....i still have it sent to me. glad your ok, you wont feel better till the 10th so drink up.

if anyone has footage you will prob get a prize at arrow mill....

Phoenix
04-10-2005, 09:40 PM
and finally Ade lending me his M900 for the last session (my ears are still bleeding from those new harris cans mate !!! :lol: ).

Nat

Now you know why I make him follow me - cos if you're following him you get blown off yer bike and deafened :lol: :eek:

Good day except for the offs. Spectacular Stu - 10 out of 10 mate :eek: Destruction Desmo is calling you :lol:

Slob's not long left here -chauffered home with spare handlebars in his bag. He's somewhat stiff but seems in reasonable spirits.

Chris - mate - you're a nutter and i've the evidence on video too :D

Laugh of the day - gotta be the Multi ( not so carbonised any longer) strudel. It was making me squirm watching it scrape all and sundry round the loop :eek: And as for 'those' boots - I have the photos - blimey :eek:

Monsters - ickle baby - scraping of carbon - excellent friends - great track. Very enjoyable day.

Heal well Stu and Rob :)

Phoenix
04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
Hmmmmm - how to wear things out a bit :eek:

spares geezer
05-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Still alive 24 hrs after my high side but one hell of a struggle to get out of bed this morning.Have pain now on places that seemed okay yesterday!!

Have attached a couple of pics prior to the crash and a couple of the bike afterwards.Whilst I only have myself to blame I did notice that my rear tyre wasn't chewed up as you'd expect after a few thrashing around a track, very smooth infact whilst my mates bike having done the same number of laps had plenty of rubber hanging of it (!!???).......now where will I find some spares??

spares geezer
05-10-2005, 10:11 AM
and another pic showing the top of the seat cowl ground away when the bike went down the road on it's roof...

CK & AK
05-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear you are in one piece Stu -even if you are horribly bruised :(

Tyres? - one of our riders - doing well in the championship - hardly wears at all.
Another - just used the bike for 2 races, and there is more 'chewing up' than the other 8 race used set!

Obviously it dpends on type of tyres, but also a lot then comes down to how sympathetically you ride too.

C :)

ps: any idea of delivery date for AK's bits - no rush, but could do with at the end of next week

slob
05-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Great company and a mostly good morning! Brilliant circuit... when can we go again?
Much to my surprise I'm no worse today. Right shoulder still bloody sore.
I'm going to have a hot bath and put some ice on it and see if I can't sort out my bike in time for Cadwell this weekend.
Both me and the bike got off very lightly but then we must have lost 80-90 mph across that field before I highsided it somewhere nice and soft.
Just for the record FB, I left the circuit halfway round Schwantz, bypassed McLeans completely and binned it halfway to Coppice.
Oh and I mustn't forget, Ade you're a fooking saint for getting me and my bike home, thanks mate!!

yours, looking a bit like Dr Strangelove(fortunately without the wheelchair)

NattyBoy
05-10-2005, 10:31 AM
which race bike was it you borrowed Nat?

This un C..

http://ee.domaindlx.com/nattyboy/748RS%20Racer.jpg

Tried bumping it..then realised it had a slipper..doh..!! :lol:

Think rich was as gutted as me when I rang him..sods law..it runs like a dream for everyone else..!!

Nat

Julie
05-10-2005, 10:57 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=7781

Nice rear sets Stu - sorry to hear of your highside tho.

Looking forward to seeing all the photos from the day

Julie
x

Mand
05-10-2005, 11:51 AM
I took about 300 + photos yesterday and I need to go through them and sort out the best.

Give me a day or so and I will come up trumps! I promise.

Nonnie
05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
trust me, ya dont want footage.....i still have it sent to me. glad your ok, you wont feel better till the 10th so drink up.

if anyone has footage you will prob get a prize at arrow mill....

Humph...I never got a prize.....

Hope you all get better quickly.

xx

JMo
05-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Humph...I never got a prize.....

There's a good chance you will next year though x

xxx

Nonnie
05-10-2005, 12:53 PM
There's a good chance you will next year though x

xxx

Oh my gosh! Really? Yay!

I like prizes. I don't ever win much but I'm good at winning prizes for being duff. Yay! Can I book my room yet?

Ruth
05-10-2005, 01:40 PM
Oh my gosh! Really? Yay!

I like prizes. I don't ever win much but I'm good at winning prizes for being duff. Yay! Can I book my room yet?

Oooo, me too, I'd like to book my room as well!

(oh and you're not duff nonnie - sorry, i should have said that first, shouldn't i? :o )

Nonnie
05-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Thank you Ruth! Last duff prize I won was for "most entertaining musician". Party full of seriously accomplished musicians and we had to perform a piece of music using an instrument we had never played before. I opted to run around picking up the empty beer bottles, filling them with various levels of water and blagging the wooden spoons from the kitchen, sat there and played away totally mullered and won! Hurrah!

Spike
05-10-2005, 02:49 PM
Great day thanks for the discount Terry whens the next one :burnout:

claicerrig
05-10-2005, 10:03 PM
What a cracking day :D :D

Thanks to all you Guys and Gals for making my Bro Wecome...........Who says MultiStardas cant handel :confused:

Stu Slob get well soon

I thought it was me riding poorly :o but even Nattboy cant get rid of that last 5mm of chicken stripe.We now have proof that a 190 section tyre will not go to the edge no matter how hard we tried :mad:

Next year Anglesey ???????????????????????????????????????????

Scotty
05-10-2005, 10:05 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=7789&stc=1

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=7790&stc=1

DOH

all the post bolts were 'loose' but only a couple of turns left in that one

Phoenix
05-10-2005, 10:47 PM
Next year Anglesey ???????????????????????????????????????????

Sure .............. :D

Chris
06-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Chris - mate - you're a nutter and i've the evidence on video too :D

I'll look forward to seeing that :D :burnout:
And I hope you mean I'm a nutter in a nice way :lol:

Spike
06-10-2005, 09:03 AM
Clai you've not seen my 595's rear tyre then 190 section to the very edge no chicken strip on that and I'd love to do Anglesey :burnout:

Drucilla
06-10-2005, 09:05 AM
It was great to see everyone, hope all the injuries heal and the bikes are all restored to their former glory. Eleanor enjoyed it, even managed to sleep through Ade's bike starting up - oh those lovely exhausts..

Phoenix
06-10-2005, 09:50 AM
I'll look forward to seeing that :D :burnout:
And I hope you mean I'm a nutter in a nice way :lol:

Change that bike for a 600 and come out to play with the Desmo's - or alternative ride my bike number 2 ;) :twisted:

Scotty
06-10-2005, 10:16 AM
you recon the 600 makes a good trackday bike then :rolleyes:

on reflection of donnington im wondering if im trying to run before i can walk with the s4

Phoenix
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
you recon the 600 makes a good trackday bike then :rolleyes:

on reflection of donnington im wondering if im trying to run before i can walk with the s4

The 900 would be better but we're restricted to 600's in Desmo.

Whats up Scotty ? Why you think that ?

slob
06-10-2005, 10:46 AM
or alternative ride my bike number 2 ;) :twisted:

Now that's a bloody good idea, after our conversation on Monday.

ps Those lads at Rosso Corse are my next best friends after Ade, they just sorted me with headlight bracketry and a choke lever for next to nought.
New bars should be with me tomorrow.

Scotty
06-10-2005, 11:09 AM
just semi convinced all the overtaking i did was because of engine power rather than cornering ability

Julie
06-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Change that bike for a 600 and come out to play with the Desmo's - or alternative ride my bike number 2 ;) :twisted:

I've been saying that for ages! I think Chris would finish in the top few if he raced Desmo. CK do you need a rider next season?

slob
06-10-2005, 11:12 AM
It's all good Scotty, as long as they're not coming back past you in the next corner.

Phoenix
06-10-2005, 11:20 AM
You looked fine in Redgate Scotty. Having less power can also be frustrating at times and do or die manouvers are not a good option - just - so you can finally get past someone.
You did well - spend more time on the track :)

Chris
06-10-2005, 11:26 AM

Are you serious?! Didn't know you had a bike no. 2

Would love to have a go in the Desmo's, just can't commit the cash to it at the moment having started up a business this year

Anyway, I'm sure half of it's down to my bike being a super dooper monster with a secret 200bhp conversion! and super glue stuck to the tyres. All I have to do is hang on (or hang off!)

Phoenix
06-10-2005, 11:43 AM

Yes I am serious - and no I haven't got bike number 2 yet - but it has been in my mind for a wee while now and the more I think about it the more it makes sense.
Would be more than happy to have you as one of the team ;)
The finer points still need sorting and wheels put in motion, will know more after weekend.

Mand
06-10-2005, 12:46 PM
just semi convinced all the overtaking i did was because of engine power rather than cornering ability

Listen mate, I was watching you on the track (in a non stalker kind of way) and you were flying and your bike sounds awesome, almost as loud as Ade's!

Mand
06-10-2005, 12:48 PM

Would love to have a go in the Desmo's, just can't commit the cash to it at the moment having started up a business this year

Anyway, I'm sure half of it's down to my bike being a super dooper monster with a secret 200bhp conversion! and super glue stuck to the tyres. All I have to do is hang on (or hang off!)

Yeah go on Chris - you would be ace! Can I have your autograph? :D

Ruth
06-10-2005, 12:50 PM
Are you serious?!

Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaw!
Go Chrissy! Go Chrissy!

You just know we'd all be falling over each other to be your pit bitches!

Mand
06-10-2005, 12:52 PM
Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaw!
Go Chrissy! Go Chrissy!

You just know we'd all be falling over each other to be your pit bitches!

can I be your brolly dolly (sorry to Al in advance!) :bunny:

Chris
06-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Yes I am serious - and no I haven't got bike number 2 yet - but it has been in my mind for a wee while now and the more I think about it the more it makes sense.
Would be more than happy to have you as one of the team ;)
The finer points still need sorting and wheels put in motion, will know more after weekend.

Sounds like we need to talk some more then :D :bunny:

I'll try to get up to Cadwell at the weekend. What time and which day/s should I be there?

I expect I may be able to sort out some sort of company sponsorship out

Chris
06-10-2005, 01:27 PM
I'll start auditions for brolly dolly's, pit bitches etc. in the next few weeks...

Although I'm sure there's opportunities for everyone!
Brolly Dolly, Refreshments, Photographer..... post race stress relief & masage?!?!

Phoenix
06-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Sounds like we need to talk some more then :D :bunny:

I'll try to get up to Cadwell at the weekend. What time and which day/s should I be there?

I expect I may be able to sort out some sort of company sponsorship out

I'm there from this evening as i've practice tomorrow- Race is on Sunday :)

martin b
06-10-2005, 04:43 PM
chris
you wanna swap mine for yours ? :lol: :lol: :eek: :eek:

had a great day must do that again ........ :D :D

Chris
06-10-2005, 11:35 PM
After you've seen how I ride mine, would you want it?!

gary tompkins
06-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Only just caught up on this thread. Sorry to hear about the fallers hope Slob & Stu are on the mend (bikes & bodies) soon. Glad everyone else had a cracking day - looks like this trackday malarky is getting addictive?

spares geezer
07-10-2005, 05:25 PM
will do my best to get them through quickly, need to soften him up so he'll take a look at the 2 bikes I've bought for next years Desmodue series..... bikes are probably okay but at least one of the riders is past it!

Glad to hear you are in one piece Stu -even if you are horribly bruised :(

Tyres? - one of our riders - doing well in the championship - hardly wears at all.
Another - just used the bike for 2 races, and there is more 'chewing up' than the other 8 race used set!

Obviously it dpends on type of tyres, but also a lot then comes down to how sympathetically you ride too.

C :)

ps: any idea of delivery date for AK's bits - no rush, but could do with at the end of next week

gary tompkins
10-10-2005, 07:17 PM
OOPs! dreaded double post syndrome!

Is it just me or is the forum playing up a lot at the moment. Seems really slow loading pages and replying to treads etc...?

Still getting the portal page load error and message below too? :confused:

Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /home/devweb/ukmonster.co.uk/user/htdocs/monster/portal.php on line 144

Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/devweb/ukmonster.co.uk/user/htdocs/monster/portal.php
Line: 144

S4 Tank on Ebay

Post since vanished so here is the link again Stuart

Hope it helps...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tank-Ducati-S-4-Monster-916_W0QQitemZ8005500539QQcategoryZ49914QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

spares geezer
10-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the tip Gary, at the right price a tank like that's always worth having so I'll keep an eye on it.

All the best
Stuart

Ade
10-10-2005, 10:22 PM
That was beauty of a day, the reception that we all get from monster folks is second to none, you all made it a very memorable day to remember.
Fatbloke sorry your bike let you down, hope you got it sorted
Tonys holey boots.
Chris and his funky (fast) monkey hangin style.
Slob that was tough **** mate even I thought it was tough seeing all that dirt on yer bike.
Stu I use the cheaper end of your product range in readiness for that unwanted off, hope your ok.
Baby Ellie, what a little beauty.
Pheonix, always good to see you.
That prat who forgot to put tape in his DV camera.
Natty, your welcome.
and what a brilliant track, suppose we had better have another one........

slob
11-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Any photo's yet Mand? or are you still hung-over?
It would be nice to have something to show for the day,
besides dents, scratches and bruises.

Mand
11-10-2005, 07:56 AM

Hungover? Moi? Nah, I stayed completely sober on my birthday.

I emailed some photos to Terry on Friday, perhaps he didn't receive them?!?

Terry, did you get them?

slob
11-10-2005, 08:26 AM
Thanks Mand, perhaps he has something else on his plate(work, family etc. shock horror! a life outside UKMOC perhaps? maybe he's just down at Woody's eating donuts!). Same deal as Muttley? Donation to Riders For Health in exchange for a CD?

Mand
11-10-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanks Mand, perhaps he has something else on his plate(work, family etc. shock horror! a life outside UKMOC perhaps? maybe he's just down at Woody's eating donuts!). Same deal as Muttley? Donation to Riders For Health in exchange for a CD?

A life outside UKMOC? Never! Mind you it took me an age to sort though the photos too, work just gets in the way of my social life! I can do you a CD if you want one? Just PM me with your details.

NattyBoy
11-10-2005, 09:20 AM

Heres a few of mine that mand took..!

Me on claicerrigs S4 Challenge round the melbourne loop..
http://ee.domaindlx.com/nattyboy/me%20claicerrigs%20Challenge.JPG

And playing with Chris..(ooeer missus!!)
http://ee.domaindlx.com/nattyboy/me%20and%20chris%20clais%20challenge.JPG

Back from abusing ades poor old 900..slobs bike in background pre off I think..
http://ee.domaindlx.com/nattyboy/me%20ades%20m900.JPG

Cheers Mand.. :burnout:

Nat

fatbloke
11-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Hungover? Moi? Nah, I stayed completely sober on my birthday.

I emailed some photos to Terry on Friday, perhaps he didn't receive them?!?

Terry, did you get them?

here you go
Thanks Mand

DONY TRACKDAY PICS (http://www.fatbloke.devstars.com/gallery_dony05)