PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the dogs!

Nonnie
30-09-2005, 08:54 AM
It's my birthday next week (email for my list of required goodies!) and I have been persuaded to go to Walthamstow Dog track for a Saturday (8th Oct) evening of drinking, betting and possible dognapping.

Benson is mostly to blame but promises a good old fashioned East End knees up. I am looking for my pearly queen outfit. I know it's here somewhere.

So I thought I'd issue an invitation to all my biking chums........

slob
30-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Damn, just down the road from me but sadly, also the eve of the final DesmoDue round at Cadwell Park.

SAMMYE
30-09-2005, 09:43 AM
It's my birthday next week (email for my list of required goodies!) and I have been persuaded to go to Walthamstow Dog track for a Saturday (8th Oct) evening of drinking, betting and possible dognapping.

Benson is mostly to blame but promises a good old fashioned East End knees up. I am looking for my pearly queen outfit. I know it's here somewhere.

Would have been up for this hun, but it clashes with another friends birthday who I'm already signed up for! You'll have a great time. I used to go occasionally to the one at Catford before it closed and have been crayford a couple of times. Never bet on Lane 7

I knew you liked "DAGS" Nonnie

Nonnie
30-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Well, you're all dropping out like flies you skanky wack lot! You will just have to make up for your absence with my presents! (I haven't received any emails yet asking for "the list")

gary tompkins
30-09-2005, 12:50 PM
Tip of the day - make sure the race is over before you tear up your ticket. A mate ripped up his after the dogs crossed the line, then realised everyone else was still cheering and they still had a lap to do!

The dog came in 2nd, and he ended up rummaging through 100's of spent tickets in the bin to find his :lol:

Dog racing is great fun, and we had a superb night at Crayford. Ended up about £100 up on the night, and won £65 on one race for a £1 bet. Not bad for a novice :D

Paranoid Dave
30-09-2005, 03:17 PM
what sort of times were you thinking as i'm working on saturday (as normal) you might need my help to get that dog in the carrier bag - which i can provide by the way :D

Nonnie
30-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Ummmmmm, not sure. Benson?!

Nonnie
30-09-2005, 08:38 PM
RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!

i DONE A GOOGLE ON IT AND IN THE STADIUM THERE ARE 7 BARS, 2 RESTAURANTS AND A DISCO AFTER!!!

i BET YOU'RE LAUGHING AS MUCH AS ME NOW!

ANOTHER CHAVTASTIC ADVENTURE!

A Yerbury
30-09-2005, 08:52 PM
My hound threw up, wee'd himself and generally looked rather pathetic, I took pity on the beast and laid 50 english pence down (I'm all heart) ...I won 18 pounds! Walthamstow is better than Catford bar wise (they use plastic oxymoronic pint glasses in catford, unforgiveable)

Alex.
ps.the only downside is that you will be in E17.

Nonnie
02-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Well, checked out the nightclub venue and the night is called "Motherfunkers".

Sounds like Rachel and I will be well catered for.

Well done Benson! I am very impressed!

scrumpster
02-10-2005, 12:03 PM
Well, checked out the nightclub venue and the night is called "Motherfunkers".

Sounds like Rachel and I will be well catered for.

Well done Benson! I am very impressed!

Another knees up I have to miss cos I have to be up for Brands very early on Sunday :mad: And what about the Chav jokes I posted - no comments :confused: But have a great one mate :D

Moley
02-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Have a great birthday Nonnie. Cannot make Saturday. Do a 1 and 6 reverse double and you will not go too wrong!

slob
02-10-2005, 12:19 PM
Has anyone noticed that neither me OR sammye can make it, suspicious or what?
Thuli might be up for it though.

Nonnie
02-10-2005, 01:29 PM
Then send Thuli along! Ask her to bring a lead because we gotta get that duggie home somehow. I'm not sure how to attach said duggie to Juan to get him up the A12 but there is time to think about that problem. It's surmountable I think.

Long live my imaginary animals!

gary tompkins
02-10-2005, 03:38 PM
Have a great birthday Nonnie. Cannot make Saturday. Do a 1 and 6 reverse double and you will not go too wrong!

I thought she was going dogging not diving?

Nonnie
02-10-2005, 03:57 PM
I only found out recently (seriously) what "dogging" was and I am quite sure it's not on the agenda for Saturday night. I am happy (and used to) going to the dogs but that's about it!

emily's driver
02-10-2005, 05:28 PM

Sadly i cant make this one as much as I would love to go and join in the mayhem. I shall be mostly playing with the company's toys at the weekend, so I have made up for it by dreaming up my own list of goodies for you, which await unravelling !! Anyway have a good time one and all. Daresay I will get to hear all about it all in due course. Pictures are a must methinks.

Paranoid Dave
02-10-2005, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure how to attach said duggie to Juan to get him up the A12

One lead and 4 roller skates :D

or

Tie chas to your number plate and dont slow down til you reach ipswich.

Nonnie
02-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Tie chas to your number plate and dont slow down til you reach ipswich.

Aye that's the one! See? Surmountable problems! Thank you.