PDA

View Full Version : Ducati London ?!

slob
29-09-2005, 05:24 PM
I just dropped by Rosso Corse and heard that DLS and DLC have just shut down. Is it true? Has anyone else heard this? I tried ringing them and no-one answers. It looks as though Ray and Marcus may be doing a lot more work if it's true, the capital seems to be running short of places to get a Ducati serviced.

CK & AK
29-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Just got home today from hols in Cornwall (good to meet you SAJ999R)

Have heard this week Rob, from one of their racers that:
DLS & DLC ARE 'insolvent'........... the lads cant even access their race bikes to complete the season next week at Cadwell! :eek:

C

slob
29-09-2005, 08:55 PM
the lads cant even access their race bikes to complete the season next week at Cadwell!

That sucks!

spacemonkey
29-09-2005, 09:07 PM
Well, that didn't last long, did it? Not suprised though due to the amount of complaints we heard on here.

gary tompkins
29-09-2005, 10:15 PM
What a joke :mad:

Paranoid Dave
29-09-2005, 11:03 PM
just what i was thinking, the only things i remember reading about DL are bad. Something like rich man buys son a ducati shop for birthday? Any ducati dealer has to buy a huge amount of stock to keep the dealership but customers will only stick if the service is good. We all have 'someone' we trust our bikes with and it dont matter if they are a dealer or an ugly bloke in a shed with a big spanner. Ducati should worry and get some good honest bike shops under the belt, the more the better.
Long live dukes and decent delaers

NattyBoy
30-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Was just saying somewhere else..t*****s insulted me by offering £75 off a new S4R !!! When I questioned the generosity of this discount I was told by Marcello that because I wanted a black one and they were hard to find at the time, I wouldnt get a better offer anywhere else !! About an hour later I was offered a grand off at Pegasus !!

As someone else said..long live the independents !!

Nat

Unit 18
30-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes it is true, if its of any help there are three of us independants that I know of in the London area.
Rosso Corse Bethnal Green 0207 780 9764
Dave Robinson Wandsworth 0208 871 0503
Ducati Proteam Wimbledon 0208 947 7555 (used to be GR Ducati)
Only put this here as with DLS gone there is a shortage of people to do the work in London.
Hope its OK with everyone.

tommo
30-09-2005, 02:48 PM
Drove past DLC yesterday at 11.30 ish, full of bikes but no lights on and the shutters down.

slob
30-09-2005, 03:19 PM
the lads cant even access their race bikes to complete the season next week at Cadwell!

Surely they're privately owned and can be reclaimed by Clint and Mike, just like customer bikes. I assume customer bikes can be collected by their owners!

Darry
03-10-2005, 11:11 AM
Booked 12000 service with DLS for today. Got there this morning to find the place closed!! Would have been nice to have got a phone call/email!

Can anyone recommend another Ducati certified dealer for servicing? I live in Putney (London). And what price should I expect to pay... DLS wanted £565

Duchess
03-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Booked 12000 service with DLS for today. Got there this morning to find the place closed!! Would have been nice to have got a phone call/email!
Not sure how you wrote that without including a few expletives!! Got there at 9 this morning having booked Monster in last week. Bike never normally goes anywhere near a garage but didn't have a choice as got a product recall on the clutch slave cylinder. So I got to drive all round South London this morning, used up favours at work, have got to work through lunch and finish later, all because some pr1ck couldn't be ****ing arsed to pick up the phone. Sorry but I'm not as restrained as you! And now I've got to do it all over again some place else - aaarrgh!! :mad:

The Kevlar Kid
03-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Would have been nice to have got a phone call/email!

To be fair, when this sort of thing happens the staff are usually the last to know.

If you've just been told you've lost your job (and probably that you're not getting paid), would you want to hang around phoning customers that will probably only have a go at you because your cancelling their service? I think not.

Not good for the customer I know - but understandable...

JMo
03-10-2005, 12:37 PM
ProTwins are in Godstone (just off J6 M25) - not far from DLS, and a damn sight more conscientious than what I've heard about DLS customer service/servicing etc.

They are not cheap, but they are good - and certainly less than £565 for a 12,000 Darry! - I think I paid about £380 last time... they are an official Ducati franchise, but have the feel of an independent shop - and plenty of people (including me) can recommend them...

Give them a call on 01342 892888

xxx

mack541
03-10-2005, 01:31 PM
hi there got told about it on friday by one of the guys in riders in bristol, DLS had closed down his comment was "probably outpriced themselves"

later neil

CK & AK
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
Darryl - could also try WM Snell at Alton.

Bit further for you, as they are off the A31, but quite a few Londoners use them, as they are on the mainline railway (200yds walk from shop!) and its a nice ride there.
Good old fashioned family outfit with great courtesy & service:)

Also should save yourself about £200 or so on the price!

01420 84480

Say Charlotte said to call :)

farl
03-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Brought both my monsters from DLC. Always found Martin to be very helpful. But it's like most things you buy ~ you ring around and get figures then you've got something to work on them with. Both mine were financed so I was looking at costs to change and APRs and he always did well here.

BUT I got the S4R serviced at Snell's after looking at threads on here. They were much cheaper and took time to talk through the job with you. There's also something reassuring when the bloke booking you in turns to the bloke next to him and calls him dad.

Do think that Ducati need a London presence though. Harley can manage it so why not Ducati?

Pugi
03-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Do think that Ducati need a London presence though. Harley can manage it so why not Ducati?

Yeah, but there is a surplus of accountants and insurance brokers in London...

Melnie Mouse
03-10-2005, 05:02 PM
What a shame, that's 4 I've heard of gone this month!

AND, a BMW car dealer in London, the congestion charge is costing everyone too much too, and they're losing business big time, as it costs them money to customers just for the garage to keep their car until customer can pick it up too, now it's gone to £8.00 a visit, and I heard it was costing them crazy money a month to keep their business ticking over before they've earnt anything!

Very sad times... Bad recession...

NattyBoy
03-10-2005, 09:57 PM
Darryl - could also try WM Snell at Alton.

Bit further for you, as they are off the A31, but quite a few Londoners use them, as they are on the mainline railway (200yds walk from shop!) and its a nice ride there.
Good old fashioned family outfit with great courtesy & service:)

Also should save yourself about £200 or so on the price!

01420 84480

Say Charlotte said to call :)

There goes some more commission eh C ??!! :lol:

On a serious note..based on my experience recently with my S4R service, I woudl also highly recommend snells..

Nat

Darry
04-10-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the Service advice.

Charlotte, sorry but I will probably give ProTwins (cheers JMo) a try, as they're a tad closer to London. Besides the last time I went on a mainline train they wouldn't let me take the bike on during the rush-hour! :D

spacemonkey
04-10-2005, 06:40 PM
Very sad times... Bad recession...

I don't think a recession is to blame, it's that thieving, commy firkwit Livingstone! I vote that he's the first one up against the wall, followed by that asswipe Nanny Blair. Both barrels I say... :mad:

LeMarsu
05-10-2005, 10:18 AM
I was in Ducati London Central not to long ago Friday 30th Sep. and there were fewer bikes then usual, that is the only thing I have noticed when I walked in.

Is that it for Ducati London (although they where very bad they where in London and that was handy)....

LeMarsu

LeMarsu
05-10-2005, 10:21 AM
just noticed that www.ducatilondonsouth.com is no longer working...

Pedro
05-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I don't think a recession is to blame, it's that thieving, commy firkwit Livingstone! I vote that he's the first one up against the wall, followed by that asswipe Nanny Blair. Both barrels I say... :mad:

Hear,hear!!