PDA

View Full Version : Problem with viewing pics/avtars!

McMONSTRO
26-09-2005, 01:06 PM
I know the site was down for maintainance late last week, since then some of the avtars and attatched pics just come out as multi coloured blobs on my system! not all just some! Ive looked at a few other sites and no problems with them! Has something been changed? Coz my system hasnt! Any ideas from you PC guys out there?

McMonstro

Chappers
26-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Don't worry I've been experiencing the same.

Was well annoyed Saturday as I needed to log onto UKMOC to get the address of TP-996 so I could go collect my tyres that morning but couldn't get on the site - was not a happy bunny :mad:

Wabbitkilla
26-09-2005, 01:17 PM
A number of us had aranged to meet for the Rossendal Valley Bike Show, but the forum was down all saturday and most of sunday. We survived though!

But ever since these "updates", the avatars of some people look like they've been through a digital scrambler. Might be something silly, daft, simple - usually is.

fatbloke
26-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Please dont worry the site is still being updated and all problems
will sort themselves out soon.

Julie
26-09-2005, 01:31 PM

Was well annoyed Saturday as I needed to log onto UKMOC to get the address of TP-996 so I could go collect my tyres that morning but couldn't get on the site - was not a happy bunny :mad:

I bet you could of got it from DSC site? i'm sure if he was a member on here he's a member on there?

fatbloke
26-09-2005, 01:42 PM

dont get me started
I'll only go on about its pretty good for a FREE club etc
and bearing in mind Suart does all the web site stuff for
free.....etc etc :mad: :mad:

Mark Walker
26-09-2005, 02:01 PM
I was really annoyed when I couldn't get on 'cos I had to go OUTSIDE and ride my bike..... :D

fatbloke
26-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I was really annoyed when I couldn't get on 'cos I had to go OUTSIDE and ride my bike..... :D
now thats proper annoying!!

Mark Walker
26-09-2005, 02:20 PM
yeah it was, and it was sunny and everything........I was even late back and the wife didn't mind....typical!

Wabbitkilla
26-09-2005, 03:11 PM

Excellent - told it would be something daft, thankyou for the update.
There was me thinking - can't complain really, hiccups occur, and this place is SOOOO good considering it's free to us users.

Keep up the good work :)

McMONSTRO
26-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Good news then! Its not just me! I thought Id picked up one of those nasty diseases that are spread about, but it only affected Monster owners!

Virus's thats the word!

Nonnie
26-09-2005, 03:32 PM
I quite like the scrambled avatars. McMonstro, your looks like a work of modern art.

McMONSTRO
26-09-2005, 03:37 PM
Im open to offers for it :D

Chappers
26-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I bet you could of got it from DSC site? i'm sure if he was a member on here he's a member on there?

I don't use DSC and didn't know if he'd be a member on there plus since his accident he's hardly been online to be honest, so unless someone was gonna trust me off DSC and just hand his number or address out then that would of been an excellent idea my lovely - nevermind :(

Chappers
26-09-2005, 04:16 PM
dont get me started

Not having a pop hun, so don't get me wrong as I think you appreciate how great I think the site/members are on here and how I'm always plugging it everywhere I go :D

Just sods law something happens the one time I well and truly needed to be on it - just wished I had printed the darn address off at work Friday before I left :rolleyes:

Nevermind - it's set me back 3wks but I'll have to work round my pubshifts when I get back from Jamaica...mmmmmmmmm....Jamaica here I come :bunny:

Chappers
26-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Good news then! Its not just me! I thought Id picked up one of those nasty diseases that are spread about, but it only affected Monster owners!

Virus's thats the word!

At least we can still post on here and communicate, must admit, I did think something was wrong with my PC so shutdown and rebooted :lol: :o

MilesB
26-09-2005, 04:31 PM
dont get me started
I was a bit worried I'd got a virus on the machine... but only noticed it this morning at work :D

I agree Terry - we get a fantastic Forum to play with and all for free - complaints are not deserved when it does (very occasionally) go off line...
But of course it's always when 'we' need it :rolleyes:

Thanx Stuart... :cool:

cheeky monkey
26-09-2005, 05:25 PM
free or not for free this is the website for monsterees :rolleyes:

Jim66a
26-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Just goes to show what an excelent site this is, Its down for a few hours and so many people missed having it. Luckily I've not needed it for anything serious, But I hope its still here if I do :)

spacemonkey
26-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Gaaah! It's spreading to other forums I go on now! Oh, hang on, it might be the Absinthe... got a new flavour now-pomegranete flaovour and it's red. That might explain it...

Pugi
26-09-2005, 09:13 PM

What are you lot talking about? My avatar is just fine. Investment in quality I state.
Anyway, not having noticed any other changes to the site, may I enquire what has been updated at this fine virtual establishment?

JMo
26-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Anyway, not having noticed any other changes to the site, may I enquire what has been updated at this fine virtual establishment?

Art - schmart...

Tell you one thing, that new avatar of Julie's is bloody brilliant that's for sure! (ahem).

xxx

gary tompkins
27-09-2005, 12:01 AM
I quite like the scrambled avatars. McMonstro, your looks like a work of modern art.

Hmm.. yes very Tate modern :cool: