PDA

View Full Version : ouch... my first crash!

Devilish
26-09-2005, 09:37 AM
no you lot dont laugh coz im arleady kicking myself!!!

comeing home from the nigth shift on friday morning at about 0430 in the morning, down the M3, which currently has a horrid 50 mph limit and speed cameras to match. As expected traveling 38 miles at this speed, in the fog, you start to ache, as you do and was alot on the too tired to ride side of things. so i thought what a good idea, ill stop at fleet services and get some fags and a coffe. so as i was going round the main service road a took my right hand off to ease my wrists. unfortunatly when i wen to put my hand on my handlebar, whislt yourning i may add, i kinda missed, completely lost my balance ( as expected when you put a limb down on something and it not being there all your body weight tends to go with it).

ha ha ha i here you say! gits

so basically my body went into survival mode and went stiff, pulling my left arm in slightly sending into a kerb, highsiding me off and sinding my monnie into a 10 foot deep ditch, destroying my leathers in the process.

arse.

luckily i missed every bit of road furniture and all thw trees so the monnie is reasonable unscathed, a few peripherals and a dent in the tank.

oh well. i came off not too bad my self a load of cuts and bruises and a sprained ankle. result. couldnt have asked for a better off at 35 mph. and destroyed the tea tray as well. hack saw has already been out and the monnie is distinctly shorter. nice

feel free to laugh

nick

Chappers
26-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Did anyone see this happen, if so, that's even funnier :lol:

Seriously though, as long as you're ok and your bike isn't too bad that's the main thing :)

Melnie Mouse
26-09-2005, 11:24 AM
sounds like you were quite lucky then, if it was busier time it could have been worse!

moral - be careful when exercising on bike then folks :)

Pugi
26-09-2005, 12:02 PM
The shame... I'm sure I'll feel it soon enough when my 1st comes.
Sounds like you came off lightly and 'got away' with it though.

And yes....I did s n i g g e r. :rolleyes:
Stupid censorship...

w108rna
27-09-2005, 08:01 PM
I can nearly beat that.
I fell off my old M750 at Oulton Park whilst watching the BTCC once. I was moving my bike around the infield to where i was watching the racing with my brother. The bike had Micron pipes at the time and was sounding rather sexy, as Monsters always do ,and attractting a fair amount of attention. Next thing i know i'm going over a little strip of grass at about 5 MPH, clutch bites, rear end spins up, lots of noise, my arse on the deck!
My brother saw what happened and once he stopped laughing came over to help me. He couldn't lift the bike off me, but i was now super angry and litterally threw the bike back into an upright position where my brother could catch it.
I checked over the bike and saw that i had bent the foot brake and snapped the O/S indicator. Then i noticed that the O/S mirror had smashed, got really, REALLY pissed of and punched the mirror off into the trees somewhere! Now i notice that there is blood pissing out all over the fuel tank from my nicely split knuckles, freshly damaged from punching the mirror.
I finally composed myself after my major strop and walked over to the First Aid tent, cap in hand to have my knuckles looked at. They asked what had happened to which i sheepishly replied 'fell of my bike........at 5mph'. They too had a laugh at me, pulled some glass out of my hand and bandage me up. I had a very painful ride home but had survived my terrifying first off.

Does anyone else have funny/silly/daft falling off tales?