PDA

View Full Version : Touring seat for s4

Suicidal Pete
20-09-2005, 11:54 AM
My lass is always complaining of a sore arse with sitting on my monster (the bike, that is). I'm sure I've seen a touring seat on a website somewhere but can't find it. I thought it might be more comfortable for her and if so I need to get one to stop the ear ache that im getting. If anyone has had a similar problem, please help because I might just end up pushing her off the back.

NattyBoy
20-09-2005, 03:22 PM
There is mate...stuart from spareshack can help you..certainly more comfortable for the rider but not taken wifey on the back yet since ive fitted it..

Cheers
Nat

Suicidal Pete
20-09-2005, 03:42 PM
Cheers mate, was it expensive?

MilesB
20-09-2005, 03:50 PM
I think Stuart has one in his clearance sale,
Check out
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=13512

Having had one of these for 18 months :cool: - and been on the back :rolleyes: , I can recomend it as a vast improvement for pillions, as
(a) Its more comfortable, and
(b) as it is softer, you sink in - so it feels like you are less likely to slide off of the back ;) .

I know Nattyboy got one recently for his S4R, which wasn't quite a 'perfect fit' :eek: - but I hear they are OK on the S4 - something to do with the frame and side mounted cans.

The going rate is about £200 - if you can get it cheaper then well done.

Miles

Suicidal Pete
20-09-2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks, ive sent him an email about one. If I spend £200 on one, she'd better not winge. I think she should at least pay half, if not all, cos im fine with the original seat.

Pete