PDA

View Full Version : Power commander or chip?

bignj
17-09-2005, 05:17 PM
I had my bike dyno'd today and the results were great, 84bhp at rear wheel and air/fuel mix almost spot on. The guy who did the test is a friend and recons I could take the bhp over 90 if I was to fit a power commander or rechip.

My bike is a 04 1000ie with high level Ducati Performance pipes (remus).

What are the views of the learned gents (and ladies) of the board? Will I get the results promised if I fit a power commander? Can I rechip? Which is best? Is it worth it for the results I would get?

fatbloke
17-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I had my bike dyno'd today and the results were great, 84bhp at rear wheel and air/fuel mix almost spot on. The guy who did the test is a friend and recons I could take the bhp over 90 if I was to fit a power commander or rechip.

My bike is a 04 1000ie with high level Ducati Performance pipes (remus).

What are the views of the learned gents (and ladies) of the board? Will I get the results promised if I fit a power commander? Can I rechip? Which is best? Is it worth it for the results I would get?

I've got a power comander on my M1000 and I really rate it
The bike has such a smooth power delivery and some serious
giddy yup (thats tech speak)
I would definatly recomend one

bignj
20-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Cheers FB!

Sounds like I'll be investing in one over the winter!

fatbloke
20-09-2005, 09:33 AM
Cheers FB!

Sounds like I'll be investing in one over the winter!

if you have the DP open air filter fitted theres a perfect map match on the power
comander web-site,
I installed the map and Asked Woody (DWR) to fine tune it,
He tried it on the Dyno and said it was spot on and he didn't have to touch it.
How lucky is that?

Rogerg
26-09-2005, 01:02 PM
I just fitted a Power Commander PCIII USB over the weekend - downloaded a user contributed Map from the powercommander website from a chap that has the same setup as me (high level Sils, Open airbox etc).

Amazing difference - loads more power, smoother delivery also completely eliminated the popping I was getting.

Can't reccomend them enough.

I saw a dyno printout of the DP chip, and all it seems to do is up the rev limiter by 500 revs.