PDA

View Full Version : indicators

fordey
16-09-2005, 12:19 PM
I want to replace the standard indicators on my S2R with some small, bright and v.cool ones. Anyone got any ideas.

stef
16-09-2005, 12:36 PM
i paid £30 for some silver tinycators, which threaded nicely in the headlamp itself (remove headlight holding bolts, and replace with indicator). the indicator wires fed through the thread into the headlight housing, where i could connect to the loom. I had to feed the indicator wires through the hole at the back of the headlamp.
very neat, but disapointed with the indicators. they looked good for 12months, but i have paint flaking on one of them.
motrax i think

Pedro
16-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Motrax Billet look good - ask Natty Boy for a picture

Ped

Dave G
16-09-2005, 03:48 PM
Got the black tinycators,which look good too-they arent waterproof so a bit of care is needed to weatherproof them.
How did you get on with the front ones stef?,dont they get obscured by the brightness of the headlight,or have you managed to extend them?

stef
16-09-2005, 03:56 PM
looks like mine, in black.
i didnt extend them. as they sit where the headlight bolts use to be, they are almost level with the front lense (not behind it)

they looked the part, apart from the flaky paint.

NattyBoy
16-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Not sure if you can blow this pic up..its the best ive got !! There lovely quality and nice and bright..

Nat

Paranoid Dave
16-09-2005, 04:29 PM
i found that the smaller ones although looking good, are a bit on the dim side regardless of what the box they come in says. Still gotta be done tho for looks. :D

A Yerbury
16-09-2005, 06:13 PM
the motrax bullet ones are good (unbelievable I know given the shoddy standard of most of their wares) they are also not shaped like arrows or made of carbon fibre look...20 quid. they need a bit of silicone around the lens though (motrax....)

AY.

Paranoid Dave
16-09-2005, 06:18 PM
if you mean those little tinycators i have on the back, i lost a lens from one and motrax sent me a replacement after a long wait, then the next week the bulb in the other one blew and when i went to take it out the wire snapped. New bulb and some solder later its fixed but they are a pain in the bum, still look good tho :D

A Yerbury
16-09-2005, 06:22 PM
no they aren't the tiny ones, sort of normal size?

Little Monster
17-09-2005, 01:37 AM
mine are motrax and i think they're called dinky indicators or summit stupid. i'm with the great man yerbs on the anti-arrow stance, nice oval shaped, wee things, with a bit of lens at the side so the light can be seen coming off corners instead of just when you're behind. halogen bulbs so bright i think (who's ridden behind me to testify?) one bulb of 4 blew as soon as they went on tho and i've not found a replacement yet (although tbf i really haven't tried very hard)

they even sell these things in halfords! (but not the bulbs - duh uh!)