PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic............

Didge
16-09-2005, 08:04 AM
The scenes in the news of these idiots panic-buying petrol and actually causing a shortage of fuel when there was no shortage, was pathetic to say the least, was it not?
Obviously, some drivers in the garage forecourt queues genuinely needed fuel, and were probably running on fumes, but most of them were panic-buying, pure and simple. It just goes to show how many bone-headed moronic simpletons we have in our society.
As we become more and more less self reliant for most of our commodities in this country, I am dreading a time of REAL shortages of anything. People start acting like animals, and causing the situation to deteriorate rapidly. I've seen it happen over the years with things like sugar & bread, whenever there's been an announcement that something may be in short supply.
It's a sort of self-perpetuating disease that seems to take over some people.
PATHETIC!!!!!!!

Nonnie
16-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Hey Didge me old mucker. I went out to try to get some ciggies and a bottle of coke. Only place open was the petrol stations, couldn't even get on the forecourt! I was very low on petrol but frankly, couldn't be bothered to queue. There weren't even any protests. I think it was an exercise by certain powers that be to see how crap as a nation we really are.

JMo
16-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Personally I think it was a con by the government and the oil companies - bung the price up to a £1 a litre, then flood the media with stories that there is going to be a shortage and watch the saps fill their tanks at maximum price/profit...

xxx

Nonnie
16-09-2005, 09:22 AM
The last time there was this sort of incident, I was running an old car on 4 star. It was great, straight to the pump!

slob
16-09-2005, 09:23 AM
It's a real pi55er when your tank will only hold about 14 litres when bone dry, on a brighter note: Once the morons have full tanks they can't fill up again for a while, so I'm hoping to get some fuel this morning, otherwise I may be stuck in Southend with no way of getting home.

Try to remember kiddies, put forty quids worth in your tank and the average car suffers by about four miles per gallon!

claicerrig
16-09-2005, 10:48 AM
LPG rules :D :D :D

Up 2p a liter :eek: still only 36.8p a Liter :D

Both my Honda CRV and Nissan 200 sxturbo run on it ............running costs of aprox 8p a mile :burnout:

Richard_S
16-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Happily sitting back waiting for the obligatory 'Mad Max' rules to kick in.

It’s all about the final finale etc

Yours anticipating a redux whilst steam-cleaning my hide based armour x

A Yerbury
16-09-2005, 12:00 PM
why oh why oh why the govt don't just invade Iraq or Afghanistan or....the other one, I'll never know? they've got loads of oil!

Yours beyond the thunderdome etc.

Alex.

ps.yes, internet at work now, three cheers for me!

Paranoid Dave
16-09-2005, 04:35 PM
working in a supermarket i know just how stupid people can be, try buying milk and bread... fortunately its not too bad as theres a bus strike on at the moment so no bugger can get into town. :lol:

Pugi
16-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Personally I think the worst part is to see how 'civilised' people turn into animals and become vicious in their behaviour against others. On a second reflection though...it's probably there all the time, latent until their amount of intelligence is no more able to comprehend the situation.

A Yerbury
16-09-2005, 06:04 PM
Personally I think the worst part is to see how 'civilised' people turn into animals and become vicious in their behaviour against others. On a second reflection though...it's probably there all the time, latent until their amount of intelligence is no more able to comprehend the situation.

Not here my friend, civil war could break out and I would still partake of tea and biscuits at 11 am sharp, bath on Sunday and doff my cap at the womenfolk. You are right though, most people are cretins...but what can you do? smile and wave I say!

Yours with a G & T (It's after 6.30)

Alex.x

Pugi
16-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Not here my friend, civil war could break out and I would still partake of tea and biscuits at 11 am sharp, bath on Sunday and doff my cap at the womenfolk. You are right though, most people are cretins...but what can you do? smile and wave I say!

Yours with a G & T (It's after 6.30)

Alex.x

Words of a true gentleman. And as one, I am convinced you have the perfect smile to go with that wave of yours, to make said cretins feel what they are worth. Alas, wave and smile, and you have done your part.

gary tompkins
16-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Witnessed the truckers go-slow demo on the M4 is South Wales today. The convoy bought the motorway to a near standstill, but luckily I was on the opposite carridgeway both times and missed it :p

Ah well I suppose it keeps them from worrying sheep for a few hours :D

Yours with a tankfull of liquid gold X