PDA

View Full Version : Sunday lunch anyone???

benson
15-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Hello peeps - just wondering IF the weather is nice this weekend does anyone fancy a bimble out for lunch or afternoon tea somewhere? :lol:

The Moto GP is on so I guess it's more likely to be later in the afternoon and the usual dissection of Rossi's brilliance!!! :cool:

Happy pootling..... :bunny:

Paranoid Dave
15-09-2005, 07:29 PM
i will be mainly bored this weekend, oh hang on a mo, i hear there is afternoon teas or sunday lunch mentioned :D

its also tail end bmf but never mind about that. Where were you thinking? Maybe nonnie's new mini moto r6 friend will come?

benson
15-09-2005, 07:34 PM
:D I'm happy to go to the tail end doodah if you fancy it - just as long as it's not pouring down I'll be happy!!!

Check with Nonnie et al if they want to play out - should be good according to the met office.... Famous last words.....

See you Sunday - Peterborough or wherever!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Paranoid Dave
15-09-2005, 07:38 PM
i wasn't really planning on going, just thought i'd mention it in case others were. I'd rather sit somewhere nice and cosy with a coffee and cake. I know its Nonnie's weekend at home with the kids but we could gatecrash :lol:

fingers crossed on the weather, see who else is about first then decide on a venue, hell we could even ride at speeds of 18mph for the day, steady now!

Nonnie
15-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Gatecrash??? That's MY forte!

How many shall I do Sunday lunch for then?

Paranoid Dave
15-09-2005, 08:25 PM
i was only joking but if theres cheesecake ;) ...

benson
15-09-2005, 08:53 PM
and custard?????
Would be lovely to see everyone wherever we meet up - meanwhile let's plot for a ride when more are free as well - what about next Saturday - the 24th???

Paranoid Dave
15-09-2005, 09:44 PM
i have one of those jobs that means saturday are not an automatic day off. And is that plan to play on the boat still on for sunday?

BoozyBOB
15-09-2005, 11:13 PM
you could join the Hants ride.. ;) ...a sight seeing tour...... :twisted:

BoozyBOB
15-09-2005, 11:15 PM
and we stop for tea...then lunch...(cheese cake is extra)...

benson
16-09-2005, 03:24 PM
thanks boozy. However your start times for me are a bit prohibitive from my starting point!!!! :rolleyes:

Saturday i think I might head to the BMF as I need some new boots (shopping!!!) :D

Sunday I'm easy! (no comment) :o

Paranoid Dave
16-09-2005, 04:24 PM
benson, magic tells me she's playing rugby this sunday, do you fancy getting your pom poms out. I went to watch a few weeks back and its a laugh :lol: Have to find your own custard tho.

benson
16-09-2005, 04:32 PM
Aha - rugby - odd shaped balls and standing about in the COLD..... :eek: Wouldn't mind the ride but not too sure about 80 minutes of standing about outside - with or without my pom poms! :D They'd possibly freeze off methinks!!! ;)

Boats though the week after IF not pissing down!!!

Paranoid Dave
16-09-2005, 04:38 PM
stood in the cold? dressed in leather with the sun shining down, last time i went there was burger van and drinks on tap, chairs etc. And the game was only 60 minutes for some reason. Could always call in for a quick giggle if we're passing.

benson
16-09-2005, 04:53 PM
OK OK OK I'm sold - burgers and hot drinks... what a cheap lush and yes OK I'll get my pom poms out.....Will keep in touch then about meeting up....
xxxxx

Paranoid Dave
16-09-2005, 06:30 PM
just spoke to magic and she's playing in ipswich, kick off 2.15, drinks are available but probably no food but i'm sure that can be sorted before and after. She did say tho that if you could bring some shorts they are in need of players ;)

Seriously, we don't have to go but i'd like to call in if we're about. Haven't checked what time the GP is yet so maybe the video will have to be set. If it's just us we can take pick of places to go, maybe a little place on the river? Pub lunch? Some nice roads? Call in and hassle Nonnie for coffee ;) or a smoothie :eek:

Just thinking out loud dear, dont panic. x kylie's not been out for 2 weeks.

Nonnie
16-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Coffee - check
smoothies - check
I'm hunting all day tomorrow so with a bit of luck free Sunday.
Pop in, smooth out!

Have fun y'all
xx

stuartg
17-09-2005, 09:38 AM
Chappers is arranging to go to BMF on Sunday. I'm not sure how many are going or meet places etc but weather forecast is good, if anyones interested.

benson
17-09-2005, 10:29 AM
OK y'all I'll be up for smoothing and coffeeing around - Nonnie - you sound like you'll be out with the hare and hounds - I assume you mean house hunting dahling???

Nonnie
17-09-2005, 07:53 PM
Yes it's of the house variety. Think I might have found it too. Certainly room for Hector and perhaps Clive as well. I said I might need two as one might get lonely. A couple of chickens and a rather large dog. Wahey! (Cue Fast Food Rockers "A pygmy goat, a pygmy goat, two little chickens and a pygmy goat. A big dog, a big dog, two little chickens and a pygmy goat")

This all means I should be home tomorrow cleaning the country muck off Juan that I accrued upon him today (yes I do have the kids but got someone to mind them as I wasn't going to make 5 house viewings across Narfuk in 6 hours without the aid of my trusty steed). I don't care, incidentally, if anybody thinks I should infact clean my own bike, I have a handy chap, he enjoys it, I'm not exploiting him in any way. AND I do his ironing.

Feel free to pop in and we'll swop tales of daring exploits in Chavdom!

Hopefully see you's then

xx

Paranoid Dave
17-09-2005, 08:31 PM
well providing its dry and i can stay awake, something i am struggling to do right now, i shall head out on Kylie to give her a blast, intake of coffee and probably view some girls partaking in the wonderful art of rugby. Will prob check with benson in morning and hopefully meet and play, i feel a scrummy dinneer coming on, custard here we come.

benson
18-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Hello dears - glad to hear of the house hunting successes and of course PD ogling I mean admiring scantily clad females running around in the cold throwing balls....No comment!

Hope to makle my escape about 1.30 - will txt and PM when close enough for coffee!!!!!

xxx

Paranoid Dave
18-09-2005, 09:59 PM
i did indeed go to WATCH the ipswich ladies rugby team, no ogling involved, if you'd care to watch youd know what i mean. :D Not to say that Magic and her friends aren't lovely or anything... gimme a spade someone :rolleyes:

Sadly they lost today but a good game and a try at the end for Magic.

I have to say it was a good turnout today for the suffolksters, we - sorry I did a total of about 10 miles including such delights as lunch at asda, don't get too jealous will you. Coffee and food were as ever lovingly supplied at Nonnies. Thankyou.

Can't wait for the next meet, hopefully i'll have some company ;)

Nonnie
19-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Hey Dave, let's do something, like totally mad at the weekend. On Saturday I reckon I can get together you, me, Rod and Rachel! Wow! OMG what will we do? 15 miles? Us rough bikers can go have some cakies and lattes. I'm frankly appalled at the thought already. We could even venture out of Suffolk! NO! Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh brain hurty...

benson
19-09-2005, 05:08 PM
wow like wack yeah and in yer face totally blingtastic!!! (I have spent the day with unruly teenagers and consequently am a total expert yeah like in yoof slang nah innit) :D

Yes indeed, I too vouch for a weekend of delights on two wheels - thing is I would be better off having this advneture on the Sunday as Saturday I have to do work shaped stuff in the late afternoon....

SO if you're available Sunday then let's go for it - lattes with an extra shot even!!!!!

Nonnie
19-09-2005, 05:26 PM
My beloved is working and should be on earlies so we could always go and greet him when he finishes and you can try to persuade some pilot there to give you a lift?!!

benson
19-09-2005, 05:28 PM
oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! Not had a lift from a pilot in a while!!! :eek:

Nonnie
19-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Unlike me ;)

Paranoid Dave
19-09-2005, 06:04 PM
calm down girls, keep it clean (as i'll get jealous) i'm working saturday so can only play sunday.

Nonnie
19-09-2005, 06:08 PM
We'll go look at more houses Saturday (they rejected our offer) and play on Sunday then.

Hurrah.

Can't wait.

For Sunday.

Other people's houses are really boring. I'm supposed to be enjoying it but I think I'm missing something. A pygmy goat I think.

Nonnie
19-09-2005, 08:19 PM
Oh yyeessss! Benson me beer drinking chum.....

It's the Ipswich Beer Festival finishing on Saturday night. You seriously will not believe the star attraction. I mean, apart from the......

Over 200 draught beers on gravity dispense - plus cider, perry and a range of locally produced bottle conditioned ales - being served from the bars in the two halls.

Food available every session.
Family area plus quiet drinking zone.
Extra seating and commemorative glass (£2)
THIS YEAR BEER CARDS WILL BE USED - PURCHASE ON ENTRY
( unused card areas are fully refundable)....

I know, I mean, well who can it be? It just sounds so fab anyway doesn't it? But, well, the special star attraction Saturday night is......

..........wait for it..............

Chas n Dave!!!!!!!!!

Rabbir rabbit bunny bunny yap yap

Come on, you have to come up Saturday night now don't you?!

benson
19-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Hurrah for us and our powers of organisation - here's to the weather being fine on Sunday then!!! :lol:

Meanwhile I'm sorry for the boring houses and the fact that your offer was rejected - there will be something better just waiting to be found is all I can say having gone through ths house buying thing a couple of years ago and again many times before that - it's a horrid but necessary evil..... ;)

The best thing is there - you just haven't found it yet and your pygmy goats wouldn't be happy unless you are....... :cool:

So Sunday - lifts from pilots, pygmy goat chat, boring house detection - what more could we ask for? :p

As Rod is working and we are going to meet him from his whirly machine park I guess we should all head over to you then Nonnie - is that right? :)

Here's to sunshine and nothing rainy falling out of the sky...

benson
19-09-2005, 09:13 PM
oh yes yes yes yes yes I do!!!!! :D :D :D

Can I stay at yours then? than again, after all that beer I won't actually care where I stay will I???? :D

What a dream come true?? CAN'T WAIT!!!!! :lol:

Rabbit rabbit - or should that be goat goat?? :confused:

Hurrah!!!! who cares what the fecking weather is like with all that beer???

benson
19-09-2005, 09:14 PM
As you can see from my post I am rather looking forward to the weekend... :rolleyes:

Paranoid Dave
19-09-2005, 09:37 PM
can i come, i wont drink beer but i want to see chas n dave nad hang out with mates :D where is it, the usual???

Oh go on, let me play.

BoozyBOB
19-09-2005, 11:53 PM
:rolleyes: sounds good...you folks have all the fun...can i come too??...pygmy goats and pot belly pigs a speciality for chatting...
cant have one without the other... :lol:

Nonnie
20-09-2005, 10:19 AM
Right ok,

Rachel calm down. Of course you can stay! Can you believe we're going to see Chas n Dave. It really will be hilarious! Smoothies after too! Good ride Sunday to see those choppers and everything!

Dave, yes of course you can come too. I know how much you're looking forward to seeing the ****ney duo at their best. (Can't believe I can't say c o c k ney, ah well) It's at The Corn Exchange Dave.

Boozy Bob, yes of course you can come too! Not so sure about the pigs but, hey, it's all swings and roundabouts.

Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

Paranoid Dave
20-09-2005, 01:45 PM
will you have to book or anything as its at the CE?

Nonnie
20-09-2005, 02:05 PM
will you have to book or anything as its at the CE?
Nae lad, you turn up, pay £7.50, they give you a glass and a beer card and a menu, you then try lots of beers and they tick off your card. When your card has run out (or you fall onto the floor), you can go buy another one (or go home). You get to keep the glass for an extra £2 I think. In your case, I believe you may well have to pay the £7.50 but when you produce an empty beer card on your way out, you will have your money refunded. Or actually the rest of us may well nick it off you and try some more!

Simple really........??

I suppose it reduces the need to try to pay when you're drunk, you just hold out your card and they tick it.

Guuurcha!

BlueHaze
20-09-2005, 03:26 PM
Quality entertainment like C & D doesn't come cheap so the £7.50 only covers the admisssion fee. Even Camra members who normally get into festivals free have to pay £5.00. :(

Each beer card costs £5.00 which is divided up into 50 x 10p squares. As you pay for the beers, the squares are ticked off. Any remaining squares can be redeemed for cash when you leave.

The commemorative glass costs £2.00 on entry which is also refundable on exit. If you rather, then it's ok for you to bring your own glass.

benson
20-09-2005, 04:13 PM
OK I'm calm now :o - thanks Nonnie for the offer of a place to stay/lie/snooze - oh hurrah for weekends!

And Dave, we'll help you fill out that beer card I'm sure :D
Blue Haze - (I like that name) you sound like an expert - will you be joining us?

Can't wait - beer, more beer and then some.

Nonnie
20-09-2005, 04:46 PM
hehe quality entertainment! Would Ipswich provide anything less? (Yes, I've been to most of it)

So, Bluehaze, it's going to be £12.50 to get in for non camra members which entitles you to shout Gurcha and drink then?

And yes, will you be there?

Who else is still left round these parts? Jono?

Paranoid Dave
20-09-2005, 05:47 PM
could be a last night out for him before number two drops?

That sounds bad doesn't it, i mean baby number two. As in kids... you know what i mean.

Nonnie
20-09-2005, 06:02 PM
........................yes dear

Jono
20-09-2005, 09:29 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer :)

No idea, although having a cupboard full of beer festival glasses the chance to add to it is always appealing.....

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm beer (again)

I am on hols for a few days so there is a good chance I can get out to play, I have Dave's moby number so if I can I'll let someone know :)

Paranoid Dave
20-09-2005, 09:48 PM
we-hey! :D

BlueHaze
21-09-2005, 11:39 AM
So, Bluehaze, it's going to be £12.50 to get in for non camra members which entitles you to shout Gurcha and drink then?
Yes, £12.50 you give you what I would call the "budget" or "lightweight" combo of £7.50 entry and £5.00 worth of real ale. This would work out to be approx 2.5 pints.

However, I would recommend the "serious" package which is as above but you purchase 2 x £5.00 beer vouchers.
This will enable you to savour 5 pints of Scruttock's Old Tadger or similar plus you will get complementary Beer Goggles, A Beer Coat and a Beer Map! ;)

And yes, will you be there?
Cannot be sure yet but if I do I'll try to get in touch nearer the time. It would quite ironic if I did meet you all for the first time as I'll be travelling into town by 'bus :)

Nonnie
21-09-2005, 12:18 PM
You're not wrong Bluehaze! I had a little chuckle to myself earlier thinking that the amount of times I've posted bluddy ride outs and stuff to do and the first time we ALL meet up is without bikes, at a beer festival drinking ourselves into a stupor singing Chas and Dave classics. Actually, I can't think of a better introduction!

benson
21-09-2005, 07:32 PM
I think it will be a perfect way to enhance our social skills... :rolleyes: Not that I have many to start with but a rousing chorus of Rabbit Rabbit will certainly be a good start. What else dod they song/mime?? :confused: Was there anything else? :confused: I'm going to have to go and have google search I can feel it!!!

Paranoid Dave
22-09-2005, 12:00 AM
i dont care if he comes round ere :D

Blue, we should be easy to spot, Rod will be tall and drunk, nonnie will have long dark hair and be drunk, benson will look like richard hammond ;) only drunk, and i will be sober more than likely so i'll stick out like a sore thumb.

benson
22-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Blue - let's get this straight - I'm a girl (well slightly older than a mere slip of a thing...ok considerably older......and I'm taller than Richard Hammond.

PD - you are in for some serious punishment.....

Paranoid Dave
22-09-2005, 09:52 AM
:lol:

bring it on ;) :p

slob
22-09-2005, 10:08 AM
So to surmise BH, you'll be looking for Richard Hammond, Angus Deaton and Bingo(from the Banana Splits), all dead drunk and Jaques Villeneuve, stone cold sober.

BlueHaze
22-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the inside info Slob, I'm a great believer in fate and can now see why my guardian angels have placed obstacles in my path to prevent me meeting these people in the past ;)

Paranoid Dave
22-09-2005, 12:19 PM
scary pictures but oh so funny.

:lol:

slob
22-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I'd lose the guardian angel, I had one of my best weekends this year with these very reprobates.

Nonnie
22-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Oh, we're snooker loopy nuts are we!

Bluehaze, Benson and I will be very easy to spot. We'll be the ones on the stage doing the "dad dance" (Look and learn son, look and learn)

Benson and I are stuck on the pronunciation. Is it Gurcha or Urcha???

benson
22-09-2005, 04:05 PM
:D Oh Bluehaze, don't think of us as streange(rs) just think of us as friends you haven't met yet!!! :cool:

And yes - Nonnie and I will be there on that stage - any stage anywhere and you could bet you'd find us - singing along, dad dancing for Birtain and probably we will be unale to remember anything at all the following day!!!!! :D

Roll on/off/over Saturday night!!!!!

Jono
22-09-2005, 10:06 PM
OK........

sat here with chronic toothache seeing if red wine will cure it :)

Saturday night, what, if anything, is the plan. As we all know, the beer fes does indeed get packed on a saturday night, and, with such a high brow popular rocking combo as the main attraction we could be looking at crowds on the Reading Rock Festival level, only with more beards. I for one shall be in attendance and looking forward to meeting you lot and drinking Bishops Olde Belle Ende and other fine ales, despite the fact that I am severly out of practice due to all this baby stuff.

So, if anyone can give me a rough idea of time, i'll hunt ya down :)

Paranoid Dave
22-09-2005, 10:12 PM
nonnie, you are the queen of organisation. What time you thinking, what time's benson arriving in town. I'll meet you in town or at yours as i'm not going in alone.

You got my mob if you need it short notice Jono, otherwise keep your eyes peeled.

Nonnie
23-09-2005, 08:23 AM
Why don't I just pick you all up and we can walk in from here? Benson says she should be at mine for 7 or thereabouts so we can have a few while we're waiting? If not, then it's say 8 outside the Corn Exchange?

See? I CAN organise a **** up in a brewery!

BlueHaze
25-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Pity that the UKMOC site was down yesterday as I could have done with some rendezvous details.

I woz there from 7:15 onwards but couldn't really see a group of people matching the rather broad descriptions that I'd been given. :(

If you didn't go then shame on you for missing an entertaining evening of music from the Rockney duo plus real beer in excellent condition.

Perhaps my guardian angels were at work again... ;)

Paranoid Dave
25-09-2005, 08:39 PM
we were there, jon, nonnie, rod, benson, me and a few friends too. We mainly were standing by the wall at the right of the stage, up at the front. Was indeed a great nights entertainment, as indeed was today. my hair is now crispy salty :eek:

BlueHaze
25-09-2005, 08:50 PM
I did see a girl with a Ducati Corse top on - was she with your crowd?

We (I was with a couple of mates) started out on the RHS (stage left) sampling some of the milds, later we ended up near the t-shirt stand as it wasn't quite as busy there.

I looked quite lively down in the mosh pit! :D

Paranoid Dave
25-09-2005, 09:14 PM
wasn't exactly a mosh pit, there was room for nonnie and benson to dance like a grown up :rolleyes: i dont think there were any ducati tops in our crowd.
Maybe we'll just have to meet up on the bikes instead :eek: steady now eh.

PD
still salty

benson
25-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Ha ha me hearties!!! :cool: I too am salt encrusted and am about to go and riod myself of the sea wot is in my hair, nose and ears! But also to watch the GP... :rolleyes:

Had a fantastic weekend - thanks to everyone who made it special - it's a great life.... :D

Roll on our next adventure! Mind you, I think I'll be better off watching the aerial experience - not too good at climbing ladders!!!!! :eek:

Have a good week folks and catch up again soon - sorry we missed you bluehaze but nice to meet you Jonno!!! :bunny:

Nonnie
25-09-2005, 09:43 PM
I can't believe how many of the songs I actually knew. I find it quite disturbing.

I don't care, I don't care, I don't care if he comes round ere, I got more beer in the sideboard ere, I don't care if he comes round ere!

Dad dancing all round. Top work people. And a great Sunday too. Pootling, friends, food, sea trips and more food and more pootling. Can't ask for much more than that.

Paranoid Dave
25-09-2005, 09:50 PM
oh but there was more, hampster rescue by the RAC for a start. Chas is still sat on my fridge by the way :D

Nonnie
25-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Yes I forgot about the jump starting hamster thing. And Chas. I was drunk you know.

The funniest thing today was the French resistance saying goodbye to you "Dave, it's been real"

Classic!

Paranoid Dave
26-09-2005, 11:42 AM
so chav but soo cool :lol:

benson
26-09-2005, 04:21 PM
SO Chav, so cool, so much fun - thanks peeps for a lovely memorable weekend (well I remember bits of it anyway...) :)

See you soon, Frank is going into Parkinsons on Saturday to have his fuel hose (see I can type it but just not say it!!!) checked and I am test riding an S2R for the hell of it while I wait..... IF anyone wants to play there too I expect to be there about 10 (yeah right - wishful thinking...)

Be good, have fun and keep on training for the zimmer frame challenge.... :rolleyes: