PDA

View Full Version : My Weekend with James Toseland

McMONSTRO
07-09-2005, 08:10 PM
Got back from Assen WSBK late on monday night after having 4 brilliant days in Holland! Left at stupid O'clock (6am) from leicester services in the company of 13 other mates for the ride to Harwich, ferry to Hook and then a ride up to Assen, arrived there about 7ish, and the Hotel has a few Team vans in it. So quick shower and in to the restaraunt where the entire Ducati WSBK team are having dinner! James Toseland, Regis Laconi and the "Boss's" Paolo Ciabatti and David Tardozzi, so after our nosh we retire to the bar and "enjoy ourselves" as you do!
Next morning down for breakfast and had a chat with JT about qualifying etc and then headed for town after the "car park GP" which was 13 blokes doing a le mans start in full leathers and helmets and doing 2 laps of the car park...........on Dutch push bikes we hired! Bloody hot!
Off to the circuit on Sunday for a brilliant days racing all for 40 euros! and you get a seat for that! JT rode a great race 1 coming in 2nd after some great dices with Vermullen and Haga, race 2 was a corker too, 3rd this time again after scraps with the other two!
First time Ive done a "foreign" trip and after this weekend it wont be the last! Assen is a top place/track, loads to do,bands in the square, beer stalls and great weather, didnt see any Police about at all in the town and everone just enjoys themselves.
We all had a long chat with James Toseland on the Monday morning about the race and things before he went of to the airport and he signed just about all we threw at him, even had a chat with my mates wife when she rang, he did that "not now luv I'm talking to James Toseland" line, she didnt believe him so he put JT on the line!
A good ride back to the Hook took in Dam with a 17km dual carrigeway across the top, got the bike up to 140ish on that stretch, darn't look at the speedo after that! things were coming up real quick!
So........ Hotel Assen, great place to stay!
James Toseland, great bloke and hope he stays on for next year!
Assen Circuit, great track and facilities, Donington take note!
Holland, Brilliant!
Ducati Monster S4R, Great bike to do it on, but you all know that
anyway!

Roll on Italy next spring

McMonstro

Mand
08-09-2005, 06:12 AM
Sounds like you had a brill time, I just can't believe you went at the beginning of term Professor. ;)