PDA

View Full Version : 9th October - 'Brightona' bike meet

JMo
06-09-2005, 11:43 PM
A new event arranged for Brighton this year - billed as the 'UK's Daytona' (somehow I don't think so, ahem) - Madeira Drive on Brighton seafront will host a bike mega-meet, with trade stands / custom bike show / bands / celebs (that'll be Chris Eubank on his hog I imagine...) / Rolling road / and other stuff... It will also be a fund raising event for Brighton Heart Support Trust, and there is an entry fee of £5 that includes a pin badge, programme etc.)

Could be a cracking day out, as long as it doesn't rain of course - although how many bikini babes will make it out in October remains to be seen... x

Although primarily a custom show by the look of it, I'm sure the streetfighter element will be present, and I'm going to look into getting a stand together for the UKMOC if that is appropriate...

More info. to follow...

JennyMo

xxx

bad-yeti
03-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Any news on this, I know 5 peeps who want to go.

And I only count as 1 ;-)

BoozyBOB
03-10-2005, 11:38 PM
oohh...thats this week end....have not been out for a while ...so keep me posted Jen..x

JMo
03-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Well, it's a bit late in the day to organise a stand now, but I reckon it could be worth a visit... will see what the state of play with the organisers is as far as 'other bikes' are concerned, but maybe a ride in and park up somewhere at least?

xxx

JMo
07-10-2005, 12:42 PM
Well, I've emailed the organisers to get some more details, I'll post anything here...

But basically it seems you turn up, pay a fiver for a badge, programme, bands etc. and parking on Madeira Drive (skinflints can presumably park elsewhere and just wonder along the front?)...

I'm going to be working most of Saturday night, so won't be up before lunchtime on Sunday - but if Boozy wants to arrange a ride-in from the outskirts of Brighton perhaps? (say the BP garage on the roundabout junction of the A23/A27 flyover) - I'll catch up with you all later on for a beer...

xxx