PDA

View Full Version : Moto Guzzi MGS 01

walkingpictures
05-09-2005, 07:23 PM
Yeah yeah,I know it ain't a Monnie but after looking at a Moto Guzzi MGS 01 in the Isle of Man that was racing at the Manx last week, it reminded me that someone on here bought one and converted it for road use.
So,questions are:...who was it? And can we have some pictures please?

Thanks

Kimbo :)

Dave Pearson
05-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Hi Kimbo, how you doing mate? Found this linky (http://www.webbikeworld.com/Moto-Guzzi-motorcycles/mgs-01-corsa/) which has some nice piccies.
Must admit I do love the look of this bike, and if I was ever to stray from the Monster path.........I might be persuaded.

Dave

walkingpictures
05-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Hi Kimbo, how you doing mate? Found this linky (http://www.webbikeworld.com/Moto-Guzzi-motorcycles/mgs-01-corsa/) which has some nice piccies.
Must admit I do love the look of this bike, and if I was ever to stray from the Monster path.........I might be persuaded.

Dave

Thanks Dave,just recovering from the Manx alcohol excesses here ;) .......thing is,would you be £15,000 persuaded? Best you stick with the S4 mate and spend the money you have saved on some Somerset cider :lol:
Take it easy Dave,hope all is well with you all down there

Scotty
05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=10311&page=1&highlight=guzzi

walkingpictures
05-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Thanks Scotty,that's the link I was looking for,hope Guzzbun reads this and puts up some latest pics

Kimbo

MilesB
06-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks Scotty,that's the link I was looking for,hope Guzzbun reads this and puts up some latest pics
If no joy, try contacting him via:
http://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Registry.html
Although the photos posted there look to be the same as on UKMOC.

The Road version should be on Show this Autumn (Milan or Paris?), plus the Griso :cool: should be available from the end of September.

Start saving the pocket money :D

Saw the MGS-01 on the IoM too... plus the one for sale at Paul Deadman Motorcylces in Ramsey - don't know if its still available.

Miles

slob
06-09-2005, 09:08 AM
I saw one at Ally Pally at the beginning of the year... one of the only truly stunning bikes there.

Melnie Mouse
06-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeah yeah,I know it ain't a Monnie but after looking at a Moto Guzzi MGS 01 in the Isle of Man that was racing at the Manx last week, it reminded me that someone on here bought one and converted it for road use.
So,questions are:...who was it? And can we have some pictures please?

Thanks

Sent you a pm with his phone number.. he doesn't come on here much.....

Dave Pearson
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks Dave,just recovering from the Manx alcohol excesses here ;) .......thing is,would you be £15,000 persuaded? Best you stick with the S4 mate and spend the money you have saved on some Somerset cider :lol:
Take it easy Dave,hope all is well with you all down there

Like my dad used to say "You ain't got no pockets in your shroud...." besides, all this cider is pickling my brain............

We're doing just fine, looking forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future, save me a couple of bottles of Leffe! :twisted:

Dave

walkingpictures
11-09-2005, 01:11 AM
Like my dad used to say "You ain't got no pockets in your shroud...." besides, all this cider is pickling my brain............

We're doing just fine, looking forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future, save me a couple of bottles of Leffe! :twisted:

Dave

No worries Dave,hope to see you again soon too,no probs with the Leffe although my fridge is stocked with Hoegaarden these days,lekker.... ;) might do a Leffe session soon and think of you guys darn sarf :p

Kimbo :) :) :)

walkingpictures
18-09-2005, 12:16 AM
Here's the link for you Clai me old Welsh mate http://www.motorcycledaily.com/14september05_2006motoguzzi_griso1100.htm

claicerrig
18-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Needs A tail chop Alaa Jmo :eek:

Thanks Kimbo

You going to the Donny Trackday ?

bigredduke
18-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Tested in this saturday's telegraph......

MilesB
18-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Tested in this saturday's telegraph......
...and in this weeks Comic ;)

Now I want one even more :o

Dave Pearson
19-09-2005, 06:00 AM
It does look very nice, styling is very good. The power & torque figures let it down a little though...........

MilesB
19-09-2005, 08:00 AM
It does look very nice, styling is very good. The power & torque figures let it down a little though...........
That's only 'cos you ride an S4... to those of us on M900ie's, it looks about right ;)

Dave Pearson
19-09-2005, 08:22 AM
That's only 'cos you ride an S4... to those of us on M900ie's, it looks about right ;)

Hehe...yes I have been rather spoilt with the S4 'grunt'. I suppose the only way to compare them properly is a test ride............not even sure where my local 'Guzzi' dealer is............Google search coming up.....

walkingpictures
19-09-2005, 05:40 PM
http://www.haywards.co.uk/

All being well I will be there this Saturday with my camera ;) I saw one of the owners of the shop in the pub on Saturday and he said that all being well the new bike will be there.

crust
19-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Forget going there on Saturday, you need to be doing an extra paper round, selling your house, backside, whatever

you need this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTO-GUZZI-MGS-01-2005-one-of-50-in-the-world_W0QQitemZ4576791283QQcategoryZ43121QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem

if only I had the cash :(

:) Crust

Scotty
19-09-2005, 09:26 PM
:eek:
you want but you must resist,
why are race bikes more aluring that the road legal equilvants?

walkingpictures
26-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Dave - not a bad bike,seen in the metal,this one was ridden from Italy to be at the dealers for a small show on Saturday.
Haven't ridden it but still prefer my Monnie ;) :)

walkingpictures
26-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Needs A tail chop Alaa Jmo :eek:

Thanks Kimbo

You going to the Donny Trackday ?

P.S.Sorry Dave,damn Welsh spelling.should have been Claicerrig ;) and sorry,won't be at Donny,
Look after the sheep :p

mark cross
27-09-2005, 08:28 AM
the Grisso got a good review in the sunday times motoring pages.
Looks stunning imho. If I wasnt getting a `blade to play with over the winter, there would be a pool of drool and a cheque in the nearest showroom.

MilesB
27-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Dave - not a bad bike,seen in the metal,this one was ridden from Italy to be at the dealers for a small show on Saturday.
Haven't ridden it but still prefer my Monnie ;) :)
Any pictures of a Griso and Monnie side by side??

the Grisso got a good review in the sunday times motoring pages.
Looks stunning imho. If I wasnt getting a `blade to play with over the winter, there would be a pool of drool and a cheque in the nearest showroom.
And that's a third good review.

IMO the Griso is the Guzzi Monster :cool:
...and knowing Guzzi, will be in production just as long too :D

Test ride pencilled in for when Corsa Italiana get theirs :eek: