PDA

View Full Version : how much should this be?

Devilish
05-09-2005, 11:03 AM
all,

went for a wonderfull 5 days in Looe in Cornwall on wednesday just gone with the missus on the back. had a good ride down apart from the occasional shower. after hours of motorway riding i pulled off where i needed to and had to give way to some traffic. on pulling away i heared the chain jumping more than a grasshopper on steriods. ooh i thought (as u do) :mad: .

got to looe and had a look at my chain and sprockets. and not to my suprise my chains was as loose as a slappers proverbial ;) . but then i had a look at my rear sprocket... hooked to buggery :twisted: . arse i said. then i looked at my front sprocket. Oh F**K i said when i noticed three teeth had snapped clean off :( :eek: :confused: . nice!

so what i need to know is how much should i expect to pay for both sprockets and a chain

cheerz

Nick

MikeG
05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
I have just ordered gold x-link and sprockets from Busters £85 for my 600.

Next day delivery as well...

Lost Again
05-09-2005, 11:24 AM
Nuts, just paid £110 for C+S. Official ducati parts from a dealers and everything. Only real advantage is that the chain comes in a continuous loop the right length. I've changed shed loads of chains where you have to chop off the right number of links and then tw*t it with a hammer and I cudn't be bothered this time. However, I've since discovered that to get a continuous chain on means suspending my bike from the garage roof while I disconnect the rose joints. Bugger.

slob
05-09-2005, 11:34 AM
However, I've since discovered that to get a continuous chain on means suspending my bike from the garage roof while I disconnect the rose joints. Bugger.
or stick a chock/jack either below the crankcase or above the rear wheel.

Lost Again
05-09-2005, 11:53 AM
True, would probably be easier as well. Just I had the bike hanging from the front end changing my head races on fri night and it seemed to work ok. Maybe I'm just making life harder, ah well.

JMo
05-09-2005, 12:23 PM
You ought to be able to get a decent quality chain and sprockets for around £100 - although mail order people like Busters do do them cheaper as has been said above.

I got a DID O-ring (not gold, plain silver x) for £60 from my local shop, and Renthal f&r sprockets for just under £40 the pair (for some reason, Ducati pattern front sprockets are £20, where a similar one for my XR is £8.50...)

xxx

PS. I got my shop to make up the chain to the correct length - and it's easier to fit on the later Monnys - no suspension loop of course...

nik_the_brief
05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Yep, I bought from Busters recently too £62.49 for standard O ring chain and both sprockets for my M600. they did bugger up my order and send me the wrong link though so it couldn't be fitted and I ended up buying a nice gold 'un to replace it! Having said that Busters are fine about me returning the old one and refunding me the difference.

There's a deal on eBay though if ya looky here --> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chainset-all-Ducati-Monster-all-ccm-versions_W0QQitemZ7996670151QQcategoryZ10448QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

Pedro
05-09-2005, 04:24 PM
X Ring Gold plus sprockets from Busters - £85 plus bit for P&P

Not had to adjust it for 4500 miles when using the Scottoiler....!

brewhaha
10-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I got a Gold chain, 2 sprockets, all fitted at Ducati Glasgow for £104. Done in 1 days notice, superb!