PDA

View Full Version : S4R 6000 mile service - OH DEAR!

rjc
05-09-2005, 10:58 AM
I just booked in my S4R for its 6000 miles service (ie the first biggie). £690 inc parts and VAT!!! Does this sound right to you lot?

MikeG
05-09-2005, 11:02 AM
Gulp....
Ducati Mcr publish prices but I dont know what is covered.
http://www.ducatistore.co.uk/ducati_servicing_uk.shtml

But it does seem a lot, start buying those tools....

slob
05-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Sounds like London prices! Manc. prices are dated Mar'04 and it doesn't mention VAT, so I'd assume add 17.5%.

rjc
05-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Yeah, plus parts too I guess. I tried calling them and they didn't answer the phone. I guess they've dropped a few hundred shims into someone's crank case and are a little tied up!

CK & AK
05-09-2005, 11:24 AM
def sounds like a DLC/DLS/On yer bike type of cost :eek:

phone round, save yourself at least £100, if not a bit more from an authorised independant

MikeG
05-09-2005, 11:26 AM
Yeah, plus parts too I guess. I tried calling them and they didn't answer the phone. I guess they've dropped a few hundred shims into someone's crank case and are a little tied up!

Ducati Mcr are closed on Mondays!
I asked about a chain and sproket kit and they dont stock them, would have to wait "At least two weeks!", a little surprising. Next day delivery from Busters...

MrsJel
05-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I just booked in my S4R for its 6000 miles service (ie the first biggie). £690 inc parts and VAT!!! Does this sound right to you lot?
Thought £337 was bad for the M1000 first service (JHP Coventry) - it wasn't an R Turpin who quoted this was it?

CK & AK
05-09-2005, 11:42 AM
I have just put the phone down from Andy at W M Snell, here is his quote for an S4R annual service:

All inc (service parts & labour) : £350 inc VAT

should the belts need doing then the max cost will be £450 inc VAT

so - hope this is of help to you? :confused:

They are on the London main line at Alton Station - 2 mins walk across he station car park.
But they only do loan bikes for the day, tho not over night (shame)

If interested, call them - say Charlotte said to call!
(I'll have a beer next time eh? :lol: - or the difference you save, so can spend it on bling :lol: )

01420 84480

Andy is happy to provide servicing costs to whoever phones up.

C :)

bigredduke
05-09-2005, 12:50 PM

'kin hell! - that's outrageous!
This is the first annual service isn't it? I had mine serviced at Italia Moto in Lincoln and they charged about £250 all in. They will also loan you a bike providing you pre-book. They are very busy though & you need to give them significant notice. Ther number is 01522 511851 ask for Craig in service.

Ducati Monster - where the spending never stops!

farl
05-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Used to live in Hampton and brought my bike from DLS. Had it serviced last month at Snells. Less than half that and a nice ride along the Hogs Back to Alton from Guildford too.

cheeky monkey
05-09-2005, 02:33 PM
give ducati john in leeds a ring first i bet it would be cheaper to ride up have it serviced and ride back :D

Routine Servicing | Engine Overhauls | Tuning and Upgrades | Chains and Sprockets
Points to Watch For | Racing Story | Photo Gallery

Welcome to the Web Site for Ducati John, the home of Affordable Ducati Servicing.

My real name is John Cellier and my workshop is based at Rothwell which is just south of Leeds.

My association with Ducati Motorcycles began in late 1995 when I engineered for a Ducati race team in the '96 and '97 British Superbike series. This led to me buying my first Ducati, a '92 851 Strada. Things developed from there as other Ducati owning friends relied on my expertise to keep their bikes maintained.

My '89 851 Strada

Hence, with the experience of looking after the race and road bikes, and due to recent redundancy I find myself with opportunity to offer affordable Ducati maintenance service for all those people who find the main dealer prices a little unbearable. Should you need anything from just a new set of brake pads, to a full 12,000 mile service, to an engine overhaul, then get in touch.

CALL: 0113 2829933 OR 07746 175112

rjc
05-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Lots of good adise here - thanks all. The issue is of course that I need to make sure I don't invalidate the warranty by going to a non-official Ducati service centre.

BTW AK & CK - since we last met up Sarah and I had a daughter!

CK & AK
05-09-2005, 03:29 PM
congratulations! :cool:

name? - other info? - pics?

Bring her along to Brands Hatch big meeting this Sunday, nothing like starting them early! :lol: :twisted:

C :burnout:

rjc
05-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks. Her name's Millie, born on 14th June weighing 7lbs 11oz. As for this weekend and Brands, I think I'll be using this months weekend-day pass for going to the Brighton Speed Trials on Saturday.

Speaking of which, is anyone else going?

NattyBoy
05-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Just got back with the trailer from Snells to drop my S4R off (never been before and went on recommendation from Charlotte)). Very helpful and friendly and even showed an interest in my bike/noted some little extras that needed doing. Paying £280 all in for my first service (only done 4k so belts not needed).

Thats taking the pi**. I send my 888 to Louigi Moto..last service he collected, delivered, did a major service, set the suspension up, fitted new wheels and it was nowhere near that. And I got it back safe in the knowledge that he'd looked after it like it was his own.

Good luck
Nat

rjc
05-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I just had a chat with Moto Rapido and they're talking about just shy of £400 in VAT so we're definately heading in the right direction!

Shauns4
05-09-2005, 05:56 PM
If Ducati had reasonable servicing costs they would probably sell more bikes and make more money in the process, £690 for a bike that has been no where (6000 miles) in the real world cannot be justified.

bigredduke
05-09-2005, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=bigredduke]'kin hell! - that's outrageous!
This is the first annual service isn't it? I had mine serviced at Italia Moto in Lincoln and they charged about £250 all in. They will also loan you a bike providing you pre-book. They are very busy though & you need to give them significant notice. Ther number is 01522 511851 ask for Craig in service.

Just checked my invoice. for the first 10,000km (6,000 mile,12 month) service, I was charged £213 by ItaliaMoto in Lincoln.
Very happy with the service. I think that they are all ex-RAF Scampton chaps so undoubtedly properly trained!

CK & AK
05-09-2005, 07:59 PM
Natty - I hope everything goes ok - and you mentioned my name when booking it in? :confused:

- cos I am pushing for £1 off my next service for each recco I bring in! :rolleyes: :D

Their pricing is quite flexible there, as I get DSC 10% discount too - and costs will depend on whether you brought the bike from them etc too.

I wont tell you what my last service cost for the 1000sie (its 6000/1st annual one) cos you will spit your beer out, but it was much less than most are paying for it........... :lol: :p (the recco's had obviously worked in getting my discounts! :D )

C :burnout:

NattyBoy
05-09-2005, 08:50 PM
Dont worry..your name was mentioned mate.. :D

What a cracking little showroom eh ??! I'd love a little business like that.

Have to say that along with JHP, thats the friendliest welcome ive ever had from an official duke dealer.

Nat

CK & AK
05-09-2005, 08:57 PM
I was getting all :( at the thought of not going in very often soon, when HRH is out of warranty in Jan, cos AK will be doing the service work.
But.... ;) after the shopping I did yesterday, I'll still be seeing them for a longish while yet - although they dont yet know ! :lol:

C :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

JMo
05-09-2005, 09:25 PM
I think I'll be using this months weekend-day pass for going to the Brighton Speed Trials on Saturday.

Speaking of which, is anyone else going?

There should be a few of us there, and we usually head off to Al Duomo's for lunch (you can park your bike next to the restaurant - well, we have the past two years anyway...)

Should be at the restaurant from about midday...

JennyMo

xxx