PDA

View Full Version : 600 for sale

stef
04-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I finally upgraded to a 900. not the most sensible thing to do with the baby on the way, but nevermind.. i need something to focus on when all hell breaks loose in december.

so, as a consequence, the 600 has to go.
i already had Pete (as in PeteS4) checking it over in september last year, when i was thinking about an upgrade, already back then. So if you need a third party opinion, you can always try him.

it is a 95 model, original, apart from all the gremlins that have been kicked out. Most bolts stainless/steel.
29k, well ridden, but doesnt show it's age at all.
service history, although not much from official dealer. everything written down by hand in log book. It had around 2 oil change per recommended interval, and bits replaced as they broke (brake switch/throttle cables/fuel filter/brake disk)

non standard bits are:
-rizoma mirrors (the mickey mouse had to go)
-side pods removed (ugly !!) but still available with fittings, if someone wants to spoil the design !)
-Leaky tank fixed (welded) ! no chance of that tank leaking again. This is a common problem on the monsters, as they tend to leak around the hinge. This bike suffered from it, but the problem has been sorted.
- choke cable removed. it was ugly and i prefer the new setup much better. no cable, so you have to press on the choke tab at the carburator. This also prevents you to ride the bike with the choke on... so the engine does not suffer.

known problems are:
-The trip meter does not work (only the main mileage counter does)
- I havent seen the petrol light on for a while. I checked the bulb and that's fine. so i could be that i havent given it a chance to kick in. but you never know.
- a few surface marks on the tank and seat cowl.

Never dropped or trashed, and a rarely ride in the wet. I have log book, tons of MOTs, booklet, toolkit etc...
Tax just ran out last week, so i will register it as off the street for the time being, and stick 12 months tax if i get the asking price. MOT runs out in may i think, but it should sail through.
all this for... £1200 ono
any viewings welcome in Leeds.

i think that's about it...
pictures attached.

stef
06-09-2005, 08:03 PM
just in case someone is after a 600, mine is on ebay as off... now.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4573834244&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Chappers
07-09-2005, 09:17 AM
...i already had Pete (as in PeteS4) checking it over in september last year, when i was thinking about an upgrade, already back then. So if you need a third party opinion, you can always try him...

You won't be able to ask PeteS4 for an opinion as he's no longer a member on here but I went with him and I remember him saying it was a sound bike for it's age, lovely ride, looked after but he was a tad concerned about the petrol leak from the tank hence he didn't buy it.