PDA

View Full Version : 10th September (Sat.) - Brighton Speed Trials

JMo
31-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Originally posted in National Events: Ah yes, that time of year again - sitting at a pavement cafe, monster by your side, two fingers held aloft to any traffic warden who dare venture over - a plate of pasta and a glass of vino rosso...

And loads of mental bikes and cars racing the 1/4 mile along Brighton seafront too!

I'll be booking our friendly Italian restaurant again for lunch this year - they normally do us a good deal (two courses for less than a £10) and then a mosy over to Madeira Drive to watch the afternoon run-offs, then perhaps a rideout to Bury Hill for a cuppa and a sit in the sun...

Hmmmmmmm... Not as popular as last year then? - This has been posted for a couple of weeks in National Events, but as yet no takers?

Please let me know if you are planning on coming, otherwise I can't reserve the restaurant and get the menu price deal...

Alternatively, the Ace Cafe is having a bit of a do that afternoon/evening to celebrate their 10th aniversary reunion - the chaps from American Chopper are proported to be there...

Julie (ace photographer and one half of the Julie&Ruth combo no less) is going to be there from 6pm - so why not pop in and get a tug on Paul Tatu's mooooostach - should make for a interesting picture (you in an ambulance x)

JennyMo

xxx

JMo
05-09-2005, 09:37 PM
OK, seems a few of us fancy this one afterall, although with no firm numbers at this late stage, I won't be able to get the menu deal at Al Duomo's as usual...

However, it is still very good value - you ought to get a couple of courses for around a tenner - so the plan for anyone wishing to meet up during the day is to meet at Al Duomo's from midday for a bite, then we can head over to Maderia Drive to watch the afternoon bike runs at around 2.30pm...

Hope to see you there!

JennyMo

xxx

PS. The map is straightforward enough, but anyone who feels they might get lost coming into Brighton, send me a PM and I'll let you know my mobile number x