fatbloke
31-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Important Stuff for your Diary
UKMOC Trackday 2006
Venue Mallory Park
Date Thurday 8th June

clockworkorange
03-11-2005, 12:07 PM
Can I bring my Multistrada ??? (Hubby has a Monster to bring....!)

Nonnie
03-11-2005, 03:10 PM
ooooooooh do I go? Do I? Ummm...........It could be fun.............I could get hurt...........I might not...................I might learn how to corner properley............I might get the bug................ummmm....................I'd be in the beginners group...............I could maybe not trash my bike or anybody elses...............ummmmm.................

Oh sorry! Just thinking out loud. oh I just don't know what to do...............

fatbloke
03-11-2005, 03:25 PM

sorry strickly monsters only

CK & AK
03-11-2005, 03:34 PM

borrow one of our race bikes mrs :D

AK cant ride both :lol:

Mand
03-11-2005, 04:13 PM
ooooooooh do I go? Do I? Ummm...........It could be fun.............I could get hurt...........I might not...................I might learn how to corner properley............I might get the bug................ummmm....................I'd be in the beginners group...............I could maybe not trash my bike or anybody elses...............ummmmm.................

Oh sorry! Just thinking out loud. oh I just don't know what to do...............

Ahhh go on! You know you want to......! :bunny:

clockworkorange
03-11-2005, 04:21 PM
borrow one of our race bikes mrs :D

AK cant ride both :lol:

I thought Rob was doing that ??? :lol: Unless AK is going in intermediate ??? :eek:

Jim66a
03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
You can put my name down, I've never done a trackday :eek:

Sindy
18-11-2005, 12:44 PM
:lol: Hello, ive never done a track day, but would like to give it a go, :lol: ive got a monster 620ie, what does it involve plse.

Scotty
18-11-2005, 05:40 PM
basicaly going round and round in circles, but without getting dizzy and falling off

you need

a full licence (though ive still yet to be asked to produce one 4 days done)
one piece leathers or two piece zip together all the way round
gloves boots without 'extra' holes in
a lid for you head (i think for 'just' a track day any old lid will do)

you turn up on the morning
sign on
have a breifing
then out you go in your group (beginer / intermidiate/ lobotomised)

have a chat make new friends have lunch talk shop get advice/instruction from instructors

its a fantastic day out i would say being a club event its very very very novice friendlyas a monster only day you know theres not gona be a 23463 bhp busa come past you at 400 mph either

fatbloke
18-11-2005, 05:43 PM
an acu approved crash helmet although they dont check (no open face helmets)

NattyBoy
18-11-2005, 05:47 PM
aww.go on then... :D

Scotty
18-11-2005, 05:56 PM
an acu approved crash helmet although they dont check (no open face helmets)

it needs that gold star sticker then ? thoguht that was just for 'raceing'

fatbloke
18-11-2005, 06:18 PM
most or all new crash helmets carry the gold sticker

Paranoid Dave
18-11-2005, 06:32 PM
can't wait.

Scotty
18-11-2005, 07:13 PM
you going on track this time mr pd ?

Paranoid Dave
18-11-2005, 07:56 PM
Hell no! Why ever would I want to do something stupid like that?

gary tompkins
18-11-2005, 08:03 PM
PD will be too busy hooning around the pits on his monkey bike :burnout:

Paranoid Dave
18-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Too busy sorting my sock drawer and labelling my fluff collection more like.

Scotty
18-11-2005, 08:20 PM
but its no normal trackday , its the monster track day , :burnout:

Jasper
18-11-2005, 08:22 PM
excellent another track day! I'll definately be going again. Had a great time last year and learnt loads about my riding and the bike's limits.
when can we pay??

fatbloke
18-11-2005, 08:24 PM
You could always come as a spectator Dave its a good day out

fatbloke
18-11-2005, 08:26 PM
excellent another track day! I'll definately be going again. Had a great time last year and learnt loads about my riding and the bike's limits.
when can we pay??

as soon as I have the cost confirmed from Mallory Park I'm told there
will be a modest increase but should be no more than a fiver making
it around £115

Pedro
18-11-2005, 08:29 PM
Think I ought to show my face this time round

Lend us yer bike Natty!!!

:lol:

Paranoid Dave
18-11-2005, 08:44 PM
i spectated the first year, got a bit bored but things livened up when some prat threw the s4r away. If you promise there'll be crashes to watch maybe i'll come.

Sindy
19-11-2005, 08:31 AM
Thank you for that, i have a few questions, not been riding long, so only have a year on licience, would that be a prob, also how much, and where do I go to put name down, very new to this but loving every minute of me bike, you guys are so helpful.

Zimbo
19-11-2005, 08:57 AM
i spectated the first year, got a bit bored but things livened up when some prat threw the s4r away. If you promise there'll be crashes to watch maybe i'll come.

Well there were five last year, so it might be worth coming along if that's your thing!!! :D

Zimbo
19-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Thank you for that, i have a few questions, not been riding long, so only have a year on licience, would that be a prob, also how much, and where do I go to put name down, very new to this but loving every minute of me bike, you guys are so helpful.

Shouldn't be a problem Sindy, just enter yourself in the Novice group and you'll be able to start off at your own pace and develop slowly, with plenty of helpful advice from instructors and others on here. It's fairly certain that you'll have a great day and learn a lot about your bike and riding it, i thoroughly recommend it! Don't be put of by the crashes bit above, they were almost all in the fast group and caused by people pushing too hard too quickly.

Sindy
19-11-2005, 09:08 AM
thank you for that, so it wont matter how slow I am, so what do I do from here then, mite as well commit myself so I cant be a girlie and back out :confused:

gary tompkins
19-11-2005, 10:08 AM
Ahh... go on Dave you know you want to. I can bring the trike along for you to have a go on, and get someone to bung the monkey in a van - sorted!

We'll have a ball :)

stuartg
19-11-2005, 12:19 PM
thank you for that, so it wont matter how slow I am, so what do I do from here then, mite as well commit myself so I cant be a girlie and back out :confused:

I'll commit myself too so I cant be a girlie and back out.
However, if its wet forget it, I'll just watch.
When do we pay?

Sindy
19-11-2005, 12:26 PM
why what happens when its wet then, i cant get my hair wet

Scotty
19-11-2005, 12:42 PM
oh its never wet on a monster track day its 'been arranged'

but suppose you went on a different track day where it rained everything would continue it would just be wet. I imagine some people wouldn't go out and everyone would take it more steady

Sindy
19-11-2005, 12:44 PM
:( thats good cause im really nervous already, dont know anyone and just learning :confused:

Scotty
19-11-2005, 12:50 PM
i remember the first trackday i did the first monster one

i didnt know anyone there and was nervous as you say , but everyone was friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed , its not a race , its a fun day out i loved it (there was one bad bit but its kinda unrelated) unfortuntaly there is a bit of an addictive element to it, you may be back :burnout:

Sindy
19-11-2005, 12:53 PM
hope so, im loving every minute so far, started all this a bit late in life but dont care, honest opinion!!!!!!!! will it really not matter how slow I am, cause I am slow, but improving all the time

Scotty
19-11-2005, 01:24 PM
nope it wont matter one bit
its a club trackday and its 6 months away
loads of time for practice

the late in life bit hahaha 90% of the bikeing community is late in life ;)

Sindy
19-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Fab, well just been talking to Terry and he has put my nerves at rest so def up for it, I have booked Ron Haslem school in April so hopefully will of improved enough to hold my own out there :p , any tips

stuartg
19-11-2005, 01:46 PM
why what happens when its wet then, i cant get my hair wet

No me too, god forbid!!

target_practice
19-11-2005, 01:47 PM
Fab, well just been talking to Terry and he has put my nerves at rest so def up for it, I have booked Ron Haslem school in April so hopefully will of improved enough to hold my own out there :p , any tips
You just need to get some hours in. I went on a Met Police Bikesafe day in September - I was expecting a whole bunch of "slow down, this is what kills you", and yes, we did get that but afterwards was a bit of a treat - 1-1 fast riding tuition on twisty A-roads in Kent. It's a pretty good way of spending £30, and - surprising as this may sound - speeded me up a lot. Truly.

stuartg
19-11-2005, 01:48 PM

Sindy
I did the Ron Haslam thing on their CBR600's, you'll love it, honest

Sindy
19-11-2005, 01:54 PM
to be honest im petrified of ron haslem, what if i need the loo half way round, what if my hair gets wet. No seriously, ive just built my confidence of the duke and they have honda 600rr, which i wont be able to touch ground on and also very diff type of bike, only riden a duke. But its booked and paid for so got to do it. Is the biks safe thingy the same as IAM, was thinking of doing that over the winter, have you got number or address might give them a bell, im not far from Kent I guess

target_practice
19-11-2005, 02:12 PM
to be honest im petrified of ron haslem, what if i need the loo half way round, what if my hair gets wet. No seriously, ive just built my confidence of the duke and they have honda 600rr, which i wont be able to touch ground on and also very diff type of bike, only riden a duke. But its booked and paid for so got to do it. Is the biks safe thingy the same as IAM, was thinking of doing that over the winter, have you got number or address might give them a bell, im not far from Kent I guess
If you did do the Haslam thingy - and I know bugger all about it - you'd be okay. Coming off isn't really a problem so long as u don't hit anything - scratches ok, bumps bad - and tracks are pretty bump-free. I'm going to ease my my way into something like that over the next nine months or so, but I'm glad I did this course first. Bikesafe you'll find at http://www.bikesafe.co.uk and the Met Police course I took is at http://www.bikesafe-london.co.uk/warren.html. Sussex don't seem to do one but I suspect that if they did they wouldn't be quite as cool on the road as these guys were. You get there and it's "forget about the police thing" straight away. They know you're going to have fun on the road - they encourage you to have fun - and they want you to do it safely. You can btw also buy the Police Rider's Roadcraft Book which is great armchair biking.

Sindy
19-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Sounds good I will def give that a go too. Have you been riding long then, sounds like we are both on the same track as I want to hope to race in 07 if I can get good enough been my dream since I was a kid. :lol: your right just need miles on the road, bit its cold out there now, still not going to let that stop me, my partner has old british bike so i get confused if I follow him, I need to follow someone like for like I think

target_practice
19-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Sounds good I will def give that a go too. Have you been riding long then, sounds like we are both on the same track as I want to hope to race in 07 if I can get good enough been my dream since I was a kid. :lol: your right just need miles on the road, bit its cold out there now, still not going to let that stop me, my partner has old british bike so i get confused if I follow him, I need to follow someone like for like I think
So what's wrong with old British bikes? You had the Royal Oilfield, the Bugger's Stopped Again ..... seriously, I started with a couple of BSA singles, then a Ducati 350 folllowed by a Ducati 900GTS which I T-boned years ago. No biking again until this summer and I'm loving it. Still making mistakes, tho (hopefully new ones) and still learning. Are there any organised Monster days out down in Sussex? There are some really nice roads in them thar parts. You should be able to keep up with your partner easily enough, or is he a bit too nifty?

stuartg
19-11-2005, 02:39 PM

Sindy, you'll be fine honest. I was really nervous to before I went out but the adrenaline cuts in and its fantastic, you'll love it I promise. The CBR's are very different and I hadn't ridden anything like them either they rev a lot higher than the Ducati so you need to wind them up but its brilliant. You'll re ravin about it once you've been.

Scotty
19-11-2005, 02:44 PM
humm sindy wouldn't also have a secret identity ooh such as sj620 ?

Sindy
19-11-2005, 02:46 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah he's pretty hot, hes got a triumph trident, thats a triple i think. but its all on the opposite side when I follow him, (very confusing) and if you think im trying to kick start that your having a laugh. yep the roads are fab down here just wish I knew more bods to go out with, its all so new and still learning bigtime, infact went to Bury Hill last week and got so nervy about pulling out with all those bikers watching, as my right turns are not brill, so my partner went right and I went left, ended up having to do another 10 miles to get back on the right road, all good fun :o :o :o :o

Sindy
19-11-2005, 02:49 PM
yeah thats me,

Sindy
19-11-2005, 02:50 PM
i'm no secret just a very nervous girlie who wants to race ASAP

Scotty
19-11-2005, 02:55 PM
ahh so i needn't go on about the dsc and 'cheap' raceing
its something im thinking about again for 2007 since i dont even have a bike for it yet

Sindy
19-11-2005, 02:57 PM
No plse do, I need all the advice I can get. Great do it in 2007 and you can then help me toooooo plse plse plse ;) ;)

Scotty
19-11-2005, 03:09 PM
unfortunatly ive already exhausted my knowledge on the desmo due series the dsc organise

you might want to pm phoenix or ck & ak

or use the search thingy to readup on it a bit more

Zimbo
19-11-2005, 07:17 PM
http://ducatisportingclub.com/index.php3?M=65

try there for starters. Have a read up on the forum discussion.

You'll find a number of us on here are involved with the Desmodue series, either as riders or team support of one type or another.

scrapps
20-11-2005, 11:33 AM
Put my name down, wanted to do last year but could not get time off .

got the bike got the leathers just need to find skill experience and some bottle.(first try at track day ) i may need a flashing light fitted to bike as warning to others... :eek:

Scotty
20-11-2005, 12:30 PM
interesting, the donninton trackday i went on last some bloke mentioned that the first time trackday people wear a yellow fluorescent vest, one of them high vis things so that people know and hence give you more room as it were , a bit like new racers have to wear an orange one for a few meetings

scrapps
20-11-2005, 02:20 PM
sounds good to me the brighter the better :burnout:
was told the track a bit twisty and ground clearance could be a prob with standard pipes. can anyone advise if this is true :confused:

Scotty
20-11-2005, 03:32 PM
depends on how enthusiastic you are , i find i tend to lean the bike over more on a trackday than i do on the road , it may or may not be a problem lots of people ran low pipes and standard rearsets last time without a problem

scrapps
20-11-2005, 04:26 PM
Sounds good as dont want to convert to high pipes as like the look of standard pipes,(and dont have the cash to mod)lets hope my speed does not overtake my skill :D .need lots of practice on local bends ect. :) :)

dlloyduk
20-11-2005, 07:43 PM
I know this is a stupid thing to do but could you please put my name down, in the novice I dont do corners section.
I can hear the grinding and crunching of metal and gravel already! New paint is not even purchased and already I can see the scrapes..............................Now where are those stabilisers?? :mad:

Sindy
21-11-2005, 02:37 PM
do they do stabilizers for the duke, where could i buy some for. I think i would be pretty good with them fitted :lol: :lol: :lol:

CK & AK
21-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Sindy you nit :p

by the time next summer arrives, you wont have any chicken strips on your tyres ;) see you soon

C :)

Sindy
21-11-2005, 02:52 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhh :eek: can i make that your challenge for 2006 then yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D :D

CK & AK
21-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Make a few meets/rides before the race season starts in April, and I'll come out on the 620 :cool:

just not a good idea to start the hooning in this ice tho :eek:

C :burnout:

Scotty
21-11-2005, 03:23 PM
do they do stabilizers for the duke, where could i buy some for. I think i would be pretty good with them fitted :lol: :lol: :lol:

on a theam there did one of the superbike schools have a skid pan device for a bike ? or was it my imagination ? kinda like stabalisers ?

Sindy
21-11-2005, 03:44 PM
not sure but i know there is one a bruntingthorpe, which is johnathan palmer

Capo
28-11-2005, 05:13 PM
The link to the booking form don't work. So nobody will be going till its fixed

Mand
28-11-2005, 05:19 PM

Yup the link is faulty but if you click on the picture, you will get the form. I've just done it. :)

NattyBoy
28-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Ermm..what booking form/picture?? :confused:

Mand
28-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Ermm..what booking form/picture?? :confused:

If you go to the portal, you will see a picture of Fatbloke on his bike. It says click here for form.

CLICK THERE!!!
:p

fatbloke
28-11-2005, 05:49 PM

Link fixed :D

NattyBoy
29-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Come on Mand.your talking to the computer cabbage of the club. :lol: What the hells a bloddy portal..???!!!! Can someone send me a link (I know what they are.. :lol: )

Nat

Pedro
29-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Come on Mand.your talking to the computer cabbage of the club. :lol: What the hells a bloddy portal..???!!!! Can someone send me a link (I know what they are.. :lol: )

Nat

Muppet! Hover your pointer over the "Forum" link at the top of the page and two options appear - "Latest" and "Portal" - click on "Portal" and low and behold......

Mand
29-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Muppet! Hover your pointer over the "Forum" link at the top of the page and two options appear - "Latest" and "Portal" - click on "Portal" and low and behold......

Hooray! Thanks Ped ;)

gary tompkins
29-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Just for Natty....

fatbloke
29-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Please dont go on at Nattyboy he's only been using the site for 3 years!!!

Pedro
29-11-2005, 06:13 PM
Please dont go on at Nattyboy he's only been using the site for 3 years!!!

Yeah, but it's soooooo easy!!! It's what happens when you give a monkey technology!!!

:lol:

NattyBoy
01-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Oh bugger off the lost of yer.. :lol: - and have some respec' for a longstanding member as terrence says... :D

Printed signed an posted Terry...

...and I promise not to laugh at you Ped limping round Mallory like a special school gimp on that old dinosaur of yours... :lol:

Nat

nambduke
14-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Would it be possible for my 17yr (who would be 18 for the day) old son to participate? He has a full licence but with the 33bhp restriction? Dare I say....I trust him with my M1000!!!!!! Fool I know, but what the hell....Can we share one bike and ask for a discount?

Jim66a
14-12-2005, 09:25 PM
The BSB guys are at Mallory the weekend previous, Wonder if camping is available for the few days in between???

gary tompkins
14-12-2005, 09:54 PM
A few of us camped on the grass outside the pub this year. Only for the night before the trackday though, and several very late pints didn't set me up too well for an early start...ooops!

What a muppet :rolleyes:

jill
21-12-2005, 01:42 PM
If I shared my bike with my boyfriend (who has a Kawasaki) would we have to pay twice? I'd be in the 'stabiliser-required' group, he'd be in the 'get your elbow down' group?

Plus, he's trying to convince me to take my lovely carbon Ducati Performance exhausts off and put the normal ones back on...just in case. Is that normal? He obviously has some serious doubts about my ability to make it round without falling off at least once! :lol:

Cheers
Jill

fatbloke
21-12-2005, 02:46 PM
If I shared my bike with my boyfriend (who has a Kawasaki) would we have to pay twice?

Cheers
Jill

I'm afraid you will have to pay twice its a cost per person NOT per Monster.

jill
21-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks fatbloke!

I'll have a chat with him. I will definitely be coming though. I've printed off the form and will send cheque shortly...before I chicken out!

Regards
Jill

Gee
02-01-2006, 01:18 AM
Hello Tel,
I know you replied to me regarding the trackday but i or another mystery person has deleted your mail.
Where do i get the booking form from? Got a bunch of track hungry Monsters to feed and you can easily get fed up with embarressing sports bikes around Snetterton.

grunter
02-01-2006, 08:20 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/downloads/trackday06.pdf
hope this works

Gee
02-01-2006, 12:08 PM
Is it me or is there a site problem cos i still can't get the portal up?
Anyone else having grief with this?

Matt Black
27-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Is it me or is there a site problem cos i still can't get the portal up?
Anyone else having grief with this?

I used to be able to get it up most mornings, but these days I don't use it as often as I did, so...

Portal's fine, just printed off a form.

One thing troubles me about the fast group - no not the accident rate, but the fact that it seemed a lot faster last year than the year before. Now I can hold my own in decent company, which is something my wife has tried to discourage BUT either

a) Everyones getting faster

b) I'm getting slower,

c) the £500 service I had beforehand was a backward step in performance terms, (yes it was me backfiring all day)

c) all the people who made me look good in 2004, deserted me for the middle group in 2005. And you try getting in the middle group!! One whiff of an SP30 and you'll get lumped in with the loonies every time.

d) Too much 'hospitality' at the Royal Oak affected rider weight distribution the following day

d) I am a loony and just had an offday.

The best bit is the big sweeper where everyone fell off last year, I'll take you all on, underpowered or not! P'raps its d) after all

Not much left of the right hand side foot controls after last year, but grinding them away may help clearance for 2006.....

So the plan is, say I've got a 400 monster, never ridden before, and can't twist my right hand back. Might just get to go in the slower group this year.......

Gee
31-01-2006, 12:01 PM
Hello
I met a chap last year when i was trying to sell a super-moto.
This is'nt by any chance the fella that was pitched up next to me with the 900. Had sparks flying off of the pegs for most of the day?

Matt Black
06-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Hello
I met a chap last year when i was trying to sell a super-moto.
This is'nt by any chance the fella that was pitched up next to me with the 900. Had sparks flying off of the pegs for most of the day?

I think that was me, if I had a highside moment in front of you then that was definitely me, oh and that undertaking moment on the big bend that I nearly wished I hadn't tried.

A most eventful lap....:flag:

Gee
26-02-2006, 10:17 AM
All top quality viewing. Are you going again this year?
And what is this about undersubscribed and a possible cancellation?

Redruth
27-02-2006, 04:17 PM
I'd like to join in with this. Where do I find the forms and other information?

fatbloke
27-02-2006, 04:52 PM
I'd like to join in with this. Where do I find the forms and other information?

here you go

Redruth
27-02-2006, 05:20 PM

Redruth
27-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Have just replied to an e-mail with my 'other club' about going to the lake district on the 9th June for a weekend. As I'll be doing that on the 996 won't be able to manage this. Shame. It would have been fun. Maybe next year!
Hope it goes well and you all have a great day.

:dunce: :spin:

fatbloke
28-02-2006, 06:31 PM
Ducati UK
have told me the new S4rs and M695 should be on the test fleet
by the time we have the trackday.
It'll be a great opportunity to give them a spin

NattyBoy
28-02-2006, 07:18 PM
:d :d :d :d :d :d :d

Ozcat
28-02-2006, 07:54 PM
My entry forms going in the post tommorow.:eek:

Matt Black
01-03-2006, 02:17 PM
All top quality viewing. Are you going again this year?
And what is this about undersubscribed and a possible cancellation?

Had a think about it and thought hell yeah!

I put my entry in on the understanding that if there were too many S4s giving it large past me I'd go in the intermediates!

That's if all the entries get in on time, there was a bit of a shortfall but it'll be OK I expect.

Look forward to seeing you there, it was a bit of a laff wasn't it!

Phoenix
13-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Mine and Jasons forms are in the post Terry - sorry but been a tad busy :)

Lady-Bob
12-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Well I want to go and spectate.... but for the life of me I can't find the address of Mallory Park to find a travel lodge.

I looked at the booking form and it doesn't have an address either.

Where the heck is it then?:shocked:

fatbloke
12-04-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.mallorypark.co.uk/

gary tompkins
12-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Well I want to go and spectate.... but for the life of me I can't find the address of Mallory Park to find a travel lodge.

I looked at the booking form and it doesn't have an address either.

Where the heck is it then?:shocked:

Bob,

I booked at the Days Inn Hotel (Leicester Services) on the M1 in 2005. Only 15 mins ride from Mallory and around £45 for the night. Still don't fancy Mallory and back on the same day then? I'll be taking a day off work to ride up and watch with any luck, and the ride usually takes me about 2 1/2 hours from Dartford. :spin:

logyk
14-04-2006, 12:39 PM
I don't know if anyone will be interested but I have acquired the bike in the enclosed pic which Terry has kindly agreed to me doing a few laps of Mallory on at the trackday ....just cos it has to be ridden (albeit rather sedately as it just too precious to put at risk) :biggrin:

Drucilla
14-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Giz a go Phil

Pedro
14-04-2006, 01:04 PM
That is sooooooooo nice..... make sure you wrap it in bubble wrap or something before riding!!

What is it? SP5 Corse or similar?

Ped

logyk
14-04-2006, 01:15 PM
No ...it is an 888 Corse ....raced at the IoM and in Ireland.

Pedro
14-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Ooooo, nice! bit rare then!!

Ped

logyk
14-04-2006, 02:01 PM
Not a lot of them about .....that is why I have to look after it !!!

NattyBoy
14-04-2006, 03:14 PM
We still on for a 888 track day phil..?:D

logyk
14-04-2006, 04:30 PM
Yes we are Nat .....I am just starting to fit the track bodywork now that the skiing season is over - fitted the seat unit today. After the UKMOC trackday assuming it works I should be up for it !

And I am still up for a return to Imola ....waddya think ?

McMONSTRO
14-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Very nice Logyk! By the way are you riding down to the weekender on the friday afternoon?

McMonstro

logyk
14-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Very nice Logyk! By the way are you riding down to the weekender on the friday afternoon?

McMonstro

Highly likely...keep in touch We can liaise closer to the day

madhatter
15-04-2006, 09:12 PM
here you go

Terry, I dropped you an e-mail, what are the rulings on acceptable crash helmets and two piece leathers? I don't own either a race grade crash helmet or a set of "zip-together" leathers.

MH.

Scotty
15-04-2006, 09:16 PM
beg borrow and scrounge some

gold star for helmate
full zip for 2 piece leather

its the law

fatbloke
15-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Terry, I dropped you an e-mail, what are the rulings on acceptable crash helmets and two piece leathers? I don't own either a race grade crash helmet or a set of "zip-together" leathers.

MH.
Hi Steve I've replied to your email but if anyone else has any questions
all the details are on the booking form

madhatter
15-04-2006, 09:22 PM
beg borrow and scrounge some, gold star for helmet,
full zip for 2 piece leathers, its the law

Mate, look at my Avatar, I'm not going to be able to borrow anything unless made from a whole Rhino hide!

Watch for me waving from the side-lines!

Albie
15-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Ducati UK
have told me the new S4rs and M695 should be on the test fleet
by the time we have the trackday.
It'll be a great opportunity to give them a spin

Dont tell Wee Johnny Bee :D :D :D
Its very frustrating as Im on the verge of selling house and too much money going out as weekender coming. I hope I can scrape some together as am going as spectator photographer whatever the case.:thumbsup:

Pedro
15-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Come on Albie! Just bung the cost of the track day on yer new mortgage..!

:chuckle:

You know you want to do it....

Ped

jill
16-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Hi

After debating the issue with my fella, ie, he insisted that I do it cause i't'll make me a better rider...blahblah'. Cheque in post for two places, me and the boyfriend. We'll be driving up from Brentwood in a van with a 620 Monster and (unless anyone wants to lend me a trailer), and a very scared me, so I'll have some spare room for stuff, if you're riding up.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully not utilising my crash buttons!

jill

Shared scitless.:shocked:

Albie
16-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Hi

After debating the issue with my fella, ie, he insisted that I do it cause i't'll make me a better rider...blahblah'. Cheque in post for two places, me and the boyfriend. We'll be driving up from Brentwood in a van with a 620 Monster and (unless anyone wants to lend me a trailer), and a very scared me, so I'll have some spare room for stuff, if you're riding up.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and hopefully not utilising my crash buttons!

jill

Shared scitless.:shocked:
Really nothing to be scared of honestly. What you have to remember is this is not a race. Its a chance to ride without cars and pedestrians and police and not breaking any laws. You find your own pace and enjoy it.;)

Albie
16-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Come on Albie! Just bung the cost of the track day on yer new mortgage..!

:chuckle:

You know you want to do it....

Ped
Oh yes I do want to even got two days off for it. Im selling for deposit as Caroline rents at mo.:grump:

jill
16-04-2006, 06:20 PM
Hi Albie

Thanks for that.

I'm sure they'll be other painfully slow people like me in the Novice group - and there are instructors, right? I'm sure I'll love it. I'm only nervous because I haven't been on the bike in six months (weather and a course taking up all my spare time). I'm hope I'll be a bit more confident by the time June rolls around - going out tomorrow hopefully.

Practice makes perfect..or at least a bit less dangerous.

Cheers
S'later
Jill

stuartg
18-05-2006, 08:22 PM
Im coming up to spectate but not sure if I can get there for 9 in the morning. Is that a problem ? I seem to remember reading somewhere that you wouldn't be able to get in.

fatbloke
18-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Im coming up to spectate but not sure if I can get there for 9 in the morning. Is that a problem ? I seem to remember reading somewhere that you wouldn't be able to get in.

its no problem at all
you cant get your bike into the paddock (you have to use part
of the circuit to get to it) until there's a break, the marshall's
will tell you when.
But you can cross the foot bridge to the paddock at any time.
Entry to the circuit is free.

stuartg
18-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Cheers Terry :biggrin:

logyk
06-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Just checked Metcheck.....showing virtually no wind and temperatures up to 26C on Thursday ..........everything crossed :mand:

SteveS
09-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks to Terry, I’m definitely up for it next year! Does any one know who was taking al the photos, are they available to buy?

fatbloke
09-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks to Terry, I’m definitely up for it next year! Does any one know who was taking al the photos, are they available to buy?
The official Mallory photographer pics will be availible here
REILLY STUDIOS (http://www.reillystudios.co.uk/performanceart.php) in te next couple of days.