PDA

View Full Version : Time for a new clutch

Lost Again
30-08-2005, 02:24 PM
I've finally admitted defeat and decided to buy a new clutch after seeing just how long mine would last (quite a while but it's pants now).

My questions are thus,

Anybody know where to find cheap clutch plates for a '94 600?

And any hints or tips on getting the bugger in?

Cheers for any advice

Scotty
30-08-2005, 02:41 PM
just glue some bits of cardboard to the old ones to faten them out a bit ;)

i got a basket and friction plates from that carbon world off ebay (german) which was 120 ish ? ,

usefull tool is the meter long breakerbar , there are 'other' tools that make life easyer but i managed with putting bike in gear against a wall with the break on

Lost Again
30-08-2005, 02:57 PM
usefull tool is the meter long breakerbar , there are 'other' tools that make life easyer but i managed with putting bike in gear against a wall with the break on

I take it some bits don't like being undone then?

Pedro
30-08-2005, 03:48 PM
Use the old clutch plates to make a holding tool to stop the centre drum spinning - it worked a treat.

As for plates, try www.ducatisparesonline.co.uk

Ped

A Yerbury
30-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I have just put a goodridge on mine (about 1 metre, same as some hondas 1 right angle and 1 upturned banjo) looks a bit flash harry and makes the clutch a lot easier/quicker, if you have clip ons beware an air trap as the braid leaves the cylinder and goes up before down (bike at 45 degrees sorted this) (after 30 minutes pumping....) so yeah do that basically as well. I even managed to get the little yellow logo showing next to the bleed nipple. what a chap.

Alex.

MikeG
31-08-2005, 06:57 AM
I've finally admitted defeat and decided to buy a new clutch after seeing just how long mine would last (quite a while but it's pants now).

My questions are thus,

Anybody know where to find cheap clutch plates for a '94 600?

And any hints or tips on getting the bugger in?

Cheers for any advice

I have just replaced the plates on my M600 and it was a doddle. Plates are about 80-100 quid, but if you need a basket Ducati quoted me £355 and it is known to be a little difficult to remove due to the torque setting of about 180nm.
Basically, drain the oil, remove cover (about 10 bolts) and remove the 6 bolts securing the clutch. Replace plates (in the right order!!!) and put it back together. Dont forget the gasket paste, and the cover seems to need to go on in a particular position (quote Haynes, so it must be right).Bleed clutch if needed.

Lost Again
31-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Well, just ordered me a set of clutch plates from a main dealers. 'Nooo', I hear you cry 'it shall be expensive'.
Not so, tried ducatisparesonline and it came up at about £76. Rang M&S in Newcastle, £56 for a set of plates. Bargain.

norrie
09-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Is your clutch slipping?
I'm not to happy with the clutch on our bike but it's because it dosen't seem to disengage properly.
Someone suggested it might be the clutch basket is grooved.

Norrie.