PDA

View Full Version : Done my bit......

xjrjohn
28-08-2005, 08:24 PM
.......for North Yorkshire Polices upkeep of the Subaru via a £60 fine and 3 points.......80 in a 60 zone.....pissed off
John

bigredduke
29-08-2005, 08:27 AM
so whereabouts did they catch you, you hooligan? & by what devious method?

Chappers
29-08-2005, 09:01 AM
I had my Scooby for just over a year, fitted with a Snooper which annoyed the hell out of me but obviously it worked coz I never got caught once :)

2 days after selling it though I got caught doing 91 in a 60 and that was in the crappy Saxo :o

Had a letter giving me the option to go court or accept 3pts and £60 so took the fixed penalty - phew, jammy bugger :cool:

xjrjohn
29-08-2005, 05:48 PM
so whereabouts did they catch you, you hooligan? & by what devious method?
Hi
A65 Clapham (yorkshire) bypass.......solitary copper in a subaru with a gun.....can anyone tell me if theyve to have photograhic/video evidence to substantiate or can they just say you were doing 80 mate it says so on my gun...I was headung towards him btw
John

Wabbitkilla
29-08-2005, 06:14 PM
I was warned by people flashing before i got there.

So on the way back from Db, i went out to Ribblehead, guess what -

Got stuck behind met. blue Police scooby.
Eventually overtook him with minimum fuss and left him in the traffic before turning for Settle after Ribblehead.

Gits! Commiserations old chap!

bigredduke
29-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I know it's probably a bit late but you should have a look at www.pepipoo.co.uk which has some really useful info in the event of you being stopped by plod

Zimbo
29-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Hi
A65 Clapham (yorkshire) bypass.......solitary copper in a subaru with a gun.....can anyone tell me if theyve to have photograhic/video evidence to substantiate or can they just say you were doing 80 mate it says so on my gun...I was headung towards him btw
John

I'm pretty sure the traffic plod is regarded by the court as an expert witness, and therefore his word alone is good enough - certainly better than yours I'm afraid.
Now bend over like a good boy . . .

Chappers
30-08-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi
John

Durrr...just realised you were done by a cop in a SUBARU, not you in your Subaru :o :lol:

Chappers
30-08-2005, 07:54 AM
Hi
John

Did you get pulled over or did you receive a letter in the post?

If you were pulled over immediately after then you're nicked but if you were contacted via letter I would ask for photographic evidence and a copy of the calibration certificate.

Mum got off with one last year as they couldn't provide a calibration certificate :)

xjrjohn
30-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Did you get pulled over or did you receive a letter in the post?

If you were pulled over immediately after then you're nicked but if you were contacted via letter I would ask for photographic evidence and a copy of the calibration certificate.

Mum got off with one last year as they couldn't provide a calibration certificate :)
Pulled straight away...ah well u win some u lose some...once in 3 yrs aint too bad
John