PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Reading

Gilps
28-08-2005, 03:05 PM
Took my bike to these guys on Thursday. They were quick and fitted me in sooner than anywhere else around me. They were also cheaper than Ducati Aylesbury and Riders of Bristol. As they are only 10 minutes walk from the town centre, there is stuff to do if you need to leave your bike with them for a while, unlike the other dealers I mentioned.

I can strongly recommend them for service.

Duncan
28-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Notice you are in Malmesbury, you should try and get out with the Gloster group sometime.

Duncan

CK & AK
28-08-2005, 09:39 PM
sorry to pour water on things a bit, but do consider why they managed to fit you in more quickly than any other dealer.........

First recco for this shop I have ever heard of, has it changed management recently?? :confused:

Gilps
30-08-2005, 09:56 AM
I did think it strange that they could fit me in so quick when others were so busy. However, they are a Ducati dealer and approved for service. I guess a service is a service and so long as everything gets done properly then that's fine by me.
They are not in such glamourous premises as Ducati Aylesbury or Riders of Bristol. It's quite a small shop next to an "adult entertainment" shop in a seedy part of town, but if that helps to keep the costs down, then fine by me. It also gives you something to do whilst you are waiting!
They tell me that they are the longest established Ducati dealer in the country.
They have certainly given me better service than Ducati Aylesbury. You might want to take a look at my post on that subject!
Pegasus are also working on a couple of warranty issues for me that Aylesbury did not pick up on. The "S2R" decal is missing on oe side and the engine is not running smooth at all.
I only recommend these guys because I am happy with the service. Maybe I shouldn't - I don't want them getting so busy they can't fit me in at short notice next time! :)
I will come for a rideout with the Glocster crew once I get me engine sorted out.

CK & AK
30-08-2005, 10:03 AM
worth trying Moto Rapido or Snells for work/quote another time :) both Ducati agents, as probably much nearer you? and Snells actually ARE the longest established Ducati dealer in England :)

Marky
30-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I bought my M600 back in 2000 from Pegasus for £3900 and also my M1000 earlier this year from them, was very pleased at paying just £5900 for a brand new M1000.

IMHO Steve & Trevor at Pegasus always do an excellent service and are 100% competent technicians, both have been there at least 5 years. All I'd say is be very aware (and this is nothing to do with Steve & Trevor) that the service costs that Pegasus management charge are VERY high, i.e. £466 for M600 6K service in 2001, £794 for M600 12K service + 2 tyres in 2002 and, are you sitting comfortably? a gob-smacking £249 for a 600 mile run-in service 3 months ago.

I was utterly gobsmacked at that and will very probably therefore take my M1000 for it's 6K service somewhere else next April although Pegasus is easy for me to get back home again without taking a day off work.

To sum up, good mechanics but very expensive...........

Cheers!
Marky

CK & AK
30-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Marky! :eek:

those costs for your M600, are even more than DLS would charge for an S4R annual service!!!! :eek: :eek:

Have you got a tatto on your forehead? (mug! :p :lol: :lol: )

Gilps
30-08-2005, 04:37 PM
I have investigated further this issue with 600 mile servicing. The service book states that the owner is liable for all parts AND labour. It seems from the above thread that the best thing to do is negotiaite a cheap service as part of your purchase. If you don't, like me you will be liable for the full cost of the service. As it is scheduled for 3 hours plus, it is likely to be expensive.

Pegasus were the cheapest I could find but I will look at all the other dealers mentioned above when I come to the 1 year service.

crust
30-08-2005, 07:04 PM
It's quite a small shop next to an "adult entertainment" shop in a seedy part of town, but if that helps to keep the costs down, then fine by me. It also gives you something to do whilst you are waiting!

seedy..........seedy :mad: I'll have you know its a ............well....a......

ok,its a dump :(

:cool: Crust

almost Pegasus's neighbour, no not that one :p

CK & AK
30-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Crusty, dont mess about - its not seedy, and its not a dump - its the total end of civilisation :lol:

fatbloke
30-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Its not the end of the world, but you can see it from there

McMONSTRO
31-08-2005, 06:34 PM
May be the back end of the world but he does a good deal! Got the S4 and the S4R from them, beat all the others I tried! Too far to go for a service for me though, but as Riverside have now packed in with Ducati ( I hear) Ill be getting Quotes for a 6k this winter.

McMonstro