PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: High level link pipes!!

Yorkie
28-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I know it is a long shot but has anyone got a set of high level link pipes lying around, for sale.

Thanks !!!! ..... Yorkie.

gary tompkins
28-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Yorkie,

I have a set spare. They are for high level Sils, and just the bottom section because the upper part is welded to the can - as I beleive they are on most high level systems.

Any use?

Yorkie
28-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Gary, how long is the rest of the pipe, i.e. attached to the can?? How much would you want for them?

Yorkie.

Yorkie
28-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I need to raise my original cans due to the track day grounding out!!! ..... Yorkie.

gary tompkins
29-08-2005, 12:53 AM
Dave,

There is about the same length of pipe welded to the can, which plugs into the lower pipe and is held with a spring. The high and low level versions of sils are totally different in design, so you can't easily convert lows to highs.

picture attached - arrow points to slip joint between pipes.

I paid £50 for them so would be looking for same. Maybe not worth it unless you can get a set of matching (Sil) cans to fit.

I'm looking to sell on my existing high levels by the end of the season, but guess you want something before then?

Yorkie
29-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Gary, Thank you for your time, i think i may have to get some custom made jobbies, unless there is someone that does slip-on link pipes!! Thanks again!!! ..... Yorkie.