PDA

View Full Version : Next year!

logyk
24-08-2005, 09:02 PM
It would appear that the S2R will have the 1000DS engine next year.....at least in North America !!!!!
Anyone interested ? ;)

http://www.onewheeldrive.net/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=330&Itemid=70

Pugi
24-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Sounds sweet!
But when will it be sold in Europe?

logyk
24-08-2005, 09:16 PM
My guess is next year .....but who knows ?

Pedro
24-08-2005, 09:28 PM
The silver paint job looks good....

Paranoid Dave
24-08-2005, 09:30 PM
looks nice in silver with black stripe.

But does that mean they get rid of the 800 engine?

logyk
24-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Interesting call .

I did read today that the Americans have sold out to an Italian investment group.....the share price is down to about one third of its former value .....losses last year ....its not looking good.

NattyBoy
24-08-2005, 09:42 PM
BARRRRRSTARRRRRRRRRRDSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! Theyve nicked my colour scheme idea for the winter.... :mad: :lol:

Much better proposiation with the dry clutch..still needs nitrided forks and pukka brakes though... ;)

Nat

Jim66a
24-08-2005, 09:43 PM
I was looking at a new 800 dark in that silver the other week in moto italia.. that looked great too
I even took a pic on my phone!

Photo here (http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jimboulby/detail?.dir=5e81&.dnm=47b0.jpg&.src=ph)

CK & AK
25-08-2005, 07:33 AM
Interesting call .

I did read today that the Americans have sold out to an Italian investment group.....the share price is down to about one third of its former value .....losses last year ....its not looking good.

you mean this article?

"Benetton family buys stake in Ducati

Andrew Dewson

24 Aug 2005

Texas Pacific Group is to sell its 33.5% stake in Italian motorcycle manufacturer Ducati Motor Holding to Investindustrial, an Italian private equity group with backing from Alessandro Benetton, whose family is among Italy's wealthiest.

The Italian weekly Mercati Finanza reports that Investindustrial beat several other parties to win the stake. Chief executive Federico Minoli will remain in charge of the company.

Minoli told Italian reporters last month that Texas Pacific was talking to "four or five" parties about buying the stake.

US-based Texas Pacific bought the stake in 1996 for a reported $100m (€82m) in equity plus $200m in debt, making it one of the Fort Worth-based buy-out firm's lengthiest investments.

Like many of Texas Pacific's investments, Ducati was struggling against bankruptcy at the time.

The stake was worth €60m ($73.3m), or €1.15 per share at the close of trading on the Milan Stock Exchange yesterday, just over a third of its value when the company floated in 1999 at €2.90 per share.

Ducati refinanced debt earlier this year, repaying a mature bond with a €100m syndicated loan.

Last year it reported a net loss of €7.8m, compared to breaking even in 2003. It blamed the loss on a delayed arrival of new bike models. Minoli said last month it was expected to break even this year.

Investindustrial, run by Andrew Bonomi, manages over €600m of private equity investments across France, Spain and Italy. Its investments have included satellite operator Eutelsat and construction groups Permasteelisa and Sirti. Ducati will be its first motoring acquisition.

Separately, Gate Gourmet, the Texas Pacific-owned airline catering company whose UK arm was threatened with administration, was yesterday thrown a lifeline by its main customer, British Airways. The airline offered an improved contract on the condition that a strike involving Gate Gourmet's workers was called off"

paul620sie
25-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I like it, lots.

No plumbing or 4valve/cylinder servicing costs and decent performance, single sided swing arm and high level cans.

Maybe this bike will get me back on a Monster in a year or two.

coolcatshaft
25-08-2005, 09:26 AM
I agree

as long as it has four pot brembos up front, this is my next bike.
i'd much prefer a sport1000 but the wife is not too keen on it being a single seater, so the S2R 1000DS is it!

manc skank
25-08-2005, 11:17 AM
sold :D :cool