PDA

View Full Version : Clophill Bike Meet, Beds - Bank Holiday Monday

Chappers
24-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Anybody up for Clophill next Monday, lets say anytime from 6pm?

The Green Man
Clophill
Bedfordshire MK45 4AD

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=508000&Y=238000&width=500&height=300&gride=508206&gridn=237708&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=pc&addr1=&addr2=&addr3=&pc=MK454AD&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&zm=1&scale=50000

Had a brilliant turn out last week and lets pray the weather is good and loads more come out to play :D

Hopefully I can get a lift or an offer of being pillion and will see you all there :burnout:

The Kevlar Kid
24-08-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm sure the wife would love to come to Clophill for our wedding anniversary :D

If we're 'not busy' :eek: we'll drop in - we'll be in a car though :p

Chappers
25-08-2005, 08:50 AM
Looks like Will is coming from St Ives, Cambs and no doubt Windchaser + John from Sawtry will be coming too :D

Bet Will comes on the BMW instead of the Monster, mind you hope he does as he'll probably take me pillion and I'd much rather the BMW seat than the Monster seat :eek:

Red
25-08-2005, 08:18 PM
have you been nagging that poor Will again you will give him a complex!!
Will try to make it as enjoyed the last one very much :)

Chappers
26-08-2005, 08:31 AM
He PM'd me actually :bunny: to say that if the weather is ok he'll come and I can go pillion :D

You better be coming missus as I'm round yours all day tinkering with John in the garage...tinkering with the bike of course not John :lol: :o

Red
29-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Chappers asked me to post to see if anyone is going to Clophill tonite as looks like is going to be a lovely day There is going to be 4 of us from the Cambs area Hope 2 see some of u later

Chappers
30-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Chappers - Bucks
Windchaser + John + Paul + Ron + another mate (can't remember his name :o ) - Cambs
Stormie + Christine - Bucks
Martin b - Beds
Madhatter + Elli - Beds
Will - Cambs

Kevlar - you text just as we left Clophill but didn't realise this til I got back to the pub. How was your anniversary?

John - thanks for the work you did yesterday on the bike and taking me pillion from Sawtry to Clophill - brilliant route you took us, have to do it again when I'm on my own bike :)

Will - thanks for taking me pillion from Clophill to Bletchley and then getting yourself back to St Ives, Cambs in the dark on a route you've never done before...I'm very very greatful :bunny: :)

Will - did you really have a dead baby owl imbedded in your BMW's oil cooler? :eek: :(

The Kevlar Kid
30-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Kevlar - you text just as we left Clophill but didn't realise this til I got back to the pub. How was your anniversary?

There was only Stormie left when I got there... rotten lot. Mind you I was in the (a) car again anyway.

Anniversary was terrible ;) , driving round the south coast (where all the sun was) in a 350Z Roadster (soft-top). Shocking :D sadly my face is now a little sun burnt, especially my forehead as it's a little higher than the top of the windscreen.....

Will
30-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Chappers - Bucks
Windchaser + John + Paul + Ron + another mate (can't remember his name :o ) - Cambs
Stormie + Christine - Bucks
Martin b - Beds
Madhatter + Elli - Beds
Will - Cambs

John - thanks for the work you did yesterday on the bike and taking me pillion from Sawtry to Clophill - brilliant route you took us, have to do it again when I'm on my own bike :)

Will - thanks for taking me pillion from Clophill to Bletchley and then getting yourself back to St Ives, Cambs in the dark on a route you've never done before...I'm very very greatful :bunny: :)

Will - did you really have a dead baby owl imbedded in your BMW's oil cooler? :eek: :(

On closer inspection in daylight the unfortunate creature turned out to be some sort of finch - I didn't think that they flew around at night.

madhatter
31-08-2005, 12:18 PM
On closer inspection in daylight the unfortunate creature turned out to be some sort of finch - I didn't think that they flew around at night.

I once had a narrow miss with a Pidgeon on my Z650, only to find 1 hour later that it was embedded between my downpipes, and cooked to perfection. The stink of roasted feathers was eye-watering.... :D

.....should have internet back by this Friday evening.. :bunny: :bunny:

Will
31-08-2005, 09:20 PM
I once had a narrow miss with a Pidgeon on my Z650, only to find 1 hour later that it was embedded between my downpipes, and cooked to perfection. The stink of roasted feathers was eye-watering.... :D

.....should have internet back by this Friday evening.. :bunny: :bunny:

Seems to be the season for suicidal wildlife - met someone at the Millhouse meet last night who had just hit a pheasant with his Gixer 1000, he was non too pleased as it had wrecked his paintwork - didn't look too pretty with feathers and bits sticking out of his fairing and radiator. Just one more hazard when speeding down country lanes!