PDA

View Full Version : Brooklands visit

MotoNik
22-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I went to the Brooklands museum a few years ago with a group of Triumph riders (I used to ride a Speed Triple), and it's quite a good day out - loads of cool old cars and bikes, and plenty of aeroplanes too. They even let us put our bikes up on the remaining bit of banking to take some photos.

Anyway, I was thinking it would be a good place to do a ride out to - would anyone be interested? I thought it would be a good idea to gauge the level of interest before arranging anything.

Have a look here:

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/

Pedro
22-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Good thinking Batman!

I'm up for that

Ped

MotoNik
23-08-2005, 12:08 PM
Now come along, form an orderly queue!

I was thinking perhaps Sussex and Hampshire groups could meet somewhere convenient, and then maybe meet up with people from Surrey, Berks etc.

JMo
23-08-2005, 09:59 PM
Spoke to Ped about this very thing today - what day/date are you thinking? as Sept is quite hectic for me - would a Saturday be good (got MX on two Sundays - 4th & 25th, and a championship place to defend).

Good idea to get Sussex, Surrey and Hants (and anyone else of course) together for this - how about we decide on a date then post in their respective events sections?

Isn't Brooklands over Chertsey/Virgina Water way? - so there's always Box Hill which is pretty easy to find - might even get a few Kentities too?

xxx

CK & AK
24-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Brooklands is just past Byfleet (3 miles from our home :) )

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=507000&y=162735&z=5&sv=507000,162735&st=4&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=507000&ay=162735

Its about a 20 min run from Box Hill, via Leatherhead & Cobham - some nice back roads you could take to avoid the 2 main towns too :)

Emily
24-08-2005, 10:20 AM
...Sept is quite hectic for me - would a Saturday be good (got MX on two Sundays - 4th & 25th, and a championship place to defend).

Jen where are you MX'ing, wouldn't mind popping along to watch/cheer/clean yer goggles!

Emily x

JMo
24-08-2005, 11:36 AM
Horsham on the 4th (that's a really good venue - bring your camera x) and possibly Hook (Hants) on the 25th, although that might change venue...

Give me a call/PM if you want directions...

xxx

MotoNik
24-08-2005, 12:10 PM
what day/date are you thinking? as Sept is quite hectic for me - would a Saturday be good (got MX on two Sundays - 4th & 25th, and a championship place to defend).

Good idea to get Sussex, Surrey and Hants (and anyone else of course) together for this - how about we decide on a date then post in their respective events sections?

Isn't Brooklands over Chertsey/Virgina Water way? - so there's always Box Hill which is pretty easy to find - might even get a few Kentities too?

xxx

Hadn't really thought about a date just yet, but I guess it would be good to give people at least a couple of weeks warning. I thought we should see what the response is like first, and then organise it if a few folks are up for it.

Funnily enough, it did occur to me, meet at Bury Hill, ride up to Box Hill and meet some more folks there, then it's just a short hop to Brooklands.

cheers,

Nik

tommo
25-08-2005, 09:01 PM
hi' nik i'm always up for a brooklands visit.put me' name down.