PDA

View Full Version : Bar change S4R/S2R

geecy1
22-08-2005, 03:33 PM
Just fitted Renthal Fatbars to my S2R.Read a few posts about it being a costly mod as new cables and brake hoses were needed. If you re-route the brake hoses so that they run up the back of the forks instead of the front you can gain enough hose for the new bars,the clutch and wiring are fine but you do need a longer throttle cable and choke,i had mine modified.The main saving is about £100 for new front brake hoses. It makes a big difference in comfort,also being slightly wider than stock feels like you have more control.The original bar ends do fit.

JMo
22-08-2005, 04:21 PM
I guess it depends on how much higher and/or wider you want to go...

I put Renthal Road Bike Mediums on Sazza's bike, and got away with everything except having to reroute the fast idle cable behind the headstock instead of infront with all the other cables (and intend to extend that for around £6.99 plus a bit of solder with a universal replacement throttle cable) although ideally she still needs to chop 15mm off each end of the bars and fit some bar ends...

You're right though, it's the braided hoses that bump up the cost (although for earlier bikes without, it is a useful upgrade anyway) - I had to replace the lot on my bike, but then the Renthal 6" trials bars I have are both much higher and wider...

xxx