PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing I've heard in a long time

Rogerg
19-08-2005, 03:14 PM
This comes from chap I used to work with:

I friend of Tania’s (receptionist who works here) has a son who has downs and they went out last weekend for a family day out to Chessington.

At the end of the day the Dad asked his son, “Do you want to use the toilet before we go?” – the boy said yes and went into the toilet. After a while the boy was still in there so the Dad waited a little and after 10 mins went into the toilet to see if he was okay. He called “are you ok?” and they boy replied “yes Dad, I am just going to the toilet, I’m ok”. So the Dad returned outside and waited for 2 mins, still no sign. The same again happened with the same answer, then the boy called out “I’ll be out in a second”. So the Dad went outside to wait.

Finally the boy comes out of the toilet and he is soaking wet, drenched from head to toe. The dad asked “What have you been doing?!” and the boy explained that the tap in the toilet had been a little ferocious and had soaked him when he was washing his hands. Anyway, they all got into the car and returned home.

As soon as they got in the little boy ran upstairs shouting that he needed to go to the toilet again. He was again in there for sometime so the father got a little curious – he went upstairs, knocked on the door and asked the boy is he was okay? “I’m ok Dad, I am just going to the toilet” the boy replies. “You can’t be going to the toilet again for so long after such a short period of time” replies the Dad. “If you don’t open the door in a minute I will break the door down” says the Dad. Anyway, after a few minuted the boy agrees to open the door and the Dad walks into the bathroom. To his surprise there was a Penguin sitting in the bath!!!!

The boy had climbed out of the toilet window at the Zoo, waded into the Penguin pool, stolen a Penguin and shoved it into his rucksack!!! Awesome!!!

Then, when the Dad calls the Zoo to explain “I am terribly sorry but my son has stolen a Penguin” the receptionist answers “don’t worry sir, remove the label and send us a cheque in the post”. “No” the dad replies, it is a real penguin! How funny is that!

The Zoo had to send two keepers around to the house to collect their Penguin!

stef
19-08-2005, 03:39 PM
so this is from a friend of a colleague who has a colleague (the receptionist) who has a son who stole a pinguin ?

stef
19-08-2005, 03:43 PM
forgive me if i dont pass this on !

SAMMYE
19-08-2005, 03:51 PM
This comes from chap I used to work with:

I friend of Tania’s (receptionist who works here) has a son who has downs and they went out last weekend for a family day out to Chessington.

At the end of the day the Dad asked his son, “Do you want to use the toilet before we go?” – the boy said yes and went into the toilet. After a while the boy was still in there so the Dad waited a little and after 10 mins went into the toilet to see if he was okay. He called “are you ok?” and they boy replied “yes Dad, I am just going to the toilet, I’m ok”. So the Dad returned outside and waited for 2 mins, still no sign. The same again happened with the same answer, then the boy called out “I’ll be out in a second”. So the Dad went outside to wait.

Finally the boy comes out of the toilet and he is soaking wet, drenched from head to toe. The dad asked “What have you been doing?!” and the boy explained that the tap in the toilet had been a little ferocious and had soaked him when he was washing his hands. Anyway, they all got into the car and returned home.

As soon as they got in the little boy ran upstairs shouting that he needed to go to the toilet again. He was again in there for sometime so the father got a little curious – he went upstairs, knocked on the door and asked the boy is he was okay? “I’m ok Dad, I am just going to the toilet” the boy replies. “You can’t be going to the toilet again for so long after such a short period of time” replies the Dad. “If you don’t open the door in a minute I will break the door down” says the Dad. Anyway, after a few minuted the boy agrees to open the door and the Dad walks into the bathroom. To his surprise there was a Penguin sitting in the bath!!!!

The boy had climbed out of the toilet window at the Zoo, waded into the Penguin pool, stolen a Penguin and shoved it into his rucksack!!! Awesome!!!

Then, when the Dad calls the Zoo to explain “I am terribly sorry but my son has stolen a Penguin” the receptionist answers “don’t worry sir, remove the label and send us a cheque in the post”. “No” the dad replies, it is a real penguin! How funny is that!

The Zoo had to send two keepers around to the house to collect their Penguin!

That is brillaint!! how funny!

Paranoid Dave
19-08-2005, 03:57 PM
who cares if it's true, the image in my head is worth the time spent reading this :lol:

Duncan
19-08-2005, 05:21 PM
RogerG

Thats a great story and with its toilet references could have almoost come from the Didge archive. Keep em coming.

Just goes to prove the power of advertising....P.p.p.pick up a Penguin!

stef
19-08-2005, 05:55 PM
It definitely cant be an emperor pinguin.. they weight between 20 and 45Kg. A little boy would really struggle to carry one in his rucksack. maybe an Adelie pinguin then, as those are much lighter, at around 6Kg. but then.. they are about 75cm.. not far the height of the boy himself..
maybe a puffin ?
i have ruined it, havent i..

xjrjohn
19-08-2005, 08:47 PM
urban myth..........like the soldiers on fire duty at the time of the fire strike...in green godesses....anyway they were called out to rescue a cat....the old woman was so grateful that theyd rescued the cat that she insisted they stop for a cup o tea...which they did..however...upon leaving they waved goodbye and ran over the cat.....killing it
John

Rogerg
19-08-2005, 09:29 PM
It definitely cant be an emperor pinguin.. they weight between 20 and 45Kg. A little boy would really struggle to carry one in his rucksack. maybe an Adelie pinguin then, as those are much lighter, at around 6Kg. but then.. they are about 75cm.. not far the height of the boy himself..
maybe a puffin ?
i have ruined it, havent i..

Now I'm no David Attenborough - but could it have been a rock hopper??

stef
19-08-2005, 09:41 PM
At 10 pounds.. the boy could have carried it. but it is still a 22inch animal. that would make a fair bulge in any kids rucksack.
plus i hear they dont follow strangers that easily. did the boy have access to drugs ? harreng maybe ?

i would also question the proximity of the pinguin house, next to the bogs window. Morris didnt have that much in Alcatraz.

Rogerg
20-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Stef,

I'll have to check my sources regarding which species/ dimensions and weight of said pengiun, also the childs access to tranqualisers/ fishy products.

Mind you it doesn't specify wether or not the kid possessed any Dr Dolittle/ Crocodile Dundee animal talking skills.

If only the people that report these stories, give us the full unabridged version rather than this ambiguous, truncated "half" story it would save us all alot of time.

When will they learn??

SAMMYE
20-08-2005, 11:43 AM
I heard that down syndrome kids can be very strong and they also seem to have long tongues

manc skank
21-08-2005, 02:14 PM
i tried to catch a penguin once, a jackass penguin, savage little bastard nearly took my hand off.