PDA

View Full Version : Pets 'Я' Us....................

steviej
17-08-2005, 08:26 PM
Well, after Chapper's 'Cat in a Bag' thread, it got me thinkin'.............

What have you got at home??

Me, I have two cats :eek:

Tigerlily
17-08-2005, 08:58 PM
I don't have any pets.......I'd love some more rats though!

Can I vote hypothetically?

Paranoid Dave
17-08-2005, 09:13 PM
thanks for the 'none of the above' option. Do fleas count?

Tigerlily
17-08-2005, 09:15 PM
............ Do fleas count?

Only the educated ones!

Paranoid Dave
17-08-2005, 09:23 PM
i think there are regular squirrel visitors in my garden, and next door have a hedgehog most nights. There's a spider in the bath and a moth that's annoying me right now. C'mon I must qualify with something?

steviej
17-08-2005, 10:00 PM
i think there are regular squirrel visitors in my garden, and next door have a hedgehog most nights. There's a spider in the bath and a moth that's annoying me right now. C'mon I must qualify with something?
Oi Dave, I think that qualifies as 'Other' ar'kid.................... :p

A Yerbury
17-08-2005, 10:14 PM
It lives under the bed and whispers to me in my sleep....still, it's company.

Little Monster
17-08-2005, 10:21 PM
2 cats. One ginger (of course - we have to look after each other if we are to take over the world) and one black and white minx. Will have a dig for photos. Hold the line please caller.....

CraigMac
17-08-2005, 11:42 PM
I seem to be out numbered by pussy lovers...ohh thats come out all wrong....its just that im allergic to cats, I dont hate them...even though one shat in the cab of my pickup (and people say they are very clean animals??? must have been a scat cat, or Bobby Sands reincarnated...)
I am the proud owner of a very nice little dog called Jess, who is a Wythenshawe spanial.....or a Gorton terrier..or a Moss side deerhound....Lets just say her mother must have been a bit of a slut...

Regards

DesmoDom
17-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Got 3 German Pointers, 1 short haired (the girly) and 2 wire haired (the boys) all totally nutty. Metz (the girly) a right tart and tries to help with everything you do, Max (older of the boys) Victor Meldrew on 4 legs, hates change and gets stressed about the stupidest of things and then theres Kurt, he's the cute looking Psyco, who will just try to eat you if you come anywhere near us or the house (he has a bit of a protection problem), but we would'nt change them, they are our furry children. :D :D :D

Baz

Fodder
18-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Got a Border collie called Max who came over here with us. At the moment we are also fostering a pointer cross bitch called Zena from the local humane society,we also fostered a siberian husky for eight months but he finally got adopted last weekend, so good for him. :bunny:

Bunny
18-08-2005, 02:33 AM
We got Xena :D :D

Xena (http://www.southwestbikers.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=11)

Drucilla
18-08-2005, 03:03 AM
Three cats

Mand
18-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Border Collie - :)

birchie
18-08-2005, 07:25 AM
My better half works for the cats protection mmm never guess wot we've got
and 4 of them.

DOH!!!!

Lona
18-08-2005, 07:59 AM
I also work as a volunteer for CP, but my cat numbers have dropped from a maximum of 11 to 7 (possibly 8 from Friday if I take on a new foster) at the moment. I also have a neurotic Border collie (Tassy) and a daft black lab/collie/spaniel cross (Kayli).
The tropical fish aren't doing so well at the moment, I've only got six left! Oh, one of the cats brought in a live mole the other night, does that count as "other". (Did you know moles screech when annoyed?)

birchie
18-08-2005, 08:17 AM
11!!! bloody hell shan't tell her about that i think.

MilesB
18-08-2005, 08:38 AM
2 bunnies - House Rabbits - who are currently lolling about in the sitting room :bunny: :bunny:

We wanted to get a dog, but with our lifestyle it wouldn't be fair on the dog (and would cramp our style) and we spotted the rabbits at the RSPCA centre.

We think Fred is a 'dwarf French lop' (hanging down ears and a prediliction for Gauloise), and is usually the least stressed animal that I have ever seen :) . The girl is a 'lionhead' by the name of Danelion - although we have renamed her 'Hanibal' after a certain doctor :eek: , due to her tenadancy to bite, scratch and growl (yes really).

We wouldnt be without them, as they are great company - but you can leave them all day if out working/biking etc.

We are both 'dog' people, so one day we will 'upgrade' :D

Miles

SAMMYE
18-08-2005, 09:05 AM
I like Dogs woof woof and Guinea Pigs eeeeekkkkk eeeeeekkkkk

The Kevlar Kid
18-08-2005, 04:40 PM
2 cats (with 7 legs between them), 2 ****atiels, 4 budgies and usually a couple of tame rats. Oh and the wife... :D

can't believe I can't say co-c-katiels :lol:

Nonnie
18-08-2005, 04:46 PM
2 cats

Austin - ginger, fat, pathetic, most definitely duff, talks to birds in an ef ef ef ef ef ef manner, refuses to kill, sleeps in the middle of the floor, not convinced he is all feline.
Ella - black, tiny but definitely a cat.

JR
18-08-2005, 05:43 PM
I had a Border Collie until to-day. She was my best friend for 18 years and for the past year I have nursed her as she got old and senile until yesterday when her back legs went. Today at 4 oclock the vet came and put her to sleep. She followed me around all the time like a shadow and now she is gone. Those of you with animals will know just how I feel right now.

JR

mad_turnips
18-08-2005, 05:47 PM
sh1t mate im sorry one of my cats had an epilptic fit and was put down over june : i had been in the uk for 6 months he lasted till the day i got back

Pugi
18-08-2005, 06:16 PM
That really sucks...
I have a Jack Russell that's still in Sweden. Every time I see him he's deteriorated another bit. Now, at the age of 16, he's deaf and can't jump up on 'his' chair any longer. I dread the day we'll have to loose him.

SazzaG
18-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Actually my thread, not Chappers, but hey who's counting!

As well as Dudley the suitcase cat (named after Dudley Moore), we have Frank the fluffy cat (named after Frank Sinatra), Willow the daft golden retriever, and Sasha the bouncy golden lab.

Willow is the one looking over the door, and Sasha has her head through the cat flap.

Adendum - Roger has just informed me that our cat is in fact named after Frank Sidebottom. I've been wrong for 10 years!

Migsangel
19-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Jann (Angel V) and I have;

1 Dutch Rabbit (Twinky)
1 Gold Fish (Bob)
1 Friesan Horse (Jack)
2 Obnoxious Budgies (Fred and Brian)

We wanted a dog, but we both work full time so not possible nor fair to dog...

SAMMYE
19-08-2005, 08:58 AM
I had a Border Collie until to-day. She was my best friend for 18 years and for the past year I have nursed her as she got old and senile until yesterday when her back legs went. Today at 4 oclock the vet came and put her to sleep. She followed me around all the time like a shadow and now she is gone. Those of you with animals will know just how I feel right now.

JR

I know how sad it is, they become part of the family and you get so much love and happiness from them.

Really sorry to here of your loss but remember the good times

Emily
19-08-2005, 10:28 AM

JR

:(

Sorry to hear about that, you just made me cry! I'm at work as well! :o
I'm dreading the day when my cat's time is up..........
Hope you're feeling better soon :)

lord vader
19-08-2005, 10:46 AM
does keeping a Monster in the garage count?

SteveSki
19-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Two English springer spaniels.....both rescue dogs...one male and one female....
Peggy and Benson....guess which one I named?? :D

Sorry to hear of the loss........I find it so hard as i've always had English springers and these two are my 3rd & 4th.
I think the thing that makes it harder is that you're loosing pure, unquestioned love....but hey......it's better than seeing them live in pain.